Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I'd think he'd want a starting spot and I think mcpake has already has that sort of role tied up in hamilton,  I think, certainly at least until otoo signed we lacked a cover player for DM but I don't think its a position that needs stenghed in the 11.    If murray is still being chased he could cover that position if needed with breen at LCB 

3 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

I would like to see us go for Scott Martin from Hamilton. Always impressed me when I've seen him on TV.

Hard tackler but decent on the ball too. 

Zanatta be worth a punt I'd say.

11 hours ago, 101 said:

Getting the Ukrainian guy Max in from St Johnstone presuming they stay up would be great. 

I'd be surprised if hes not with us for next season tbh. We are guaranteed safety now so will be in the top flight.

We're likely to have an absolute cull of the squad (30+ senior players) while also having to cut the wage bill (undoubtedly the largest we've had in 20+ years) so folk like Max will get their chance to stake a claim amongst the chaos I'd imagine.

FWIW Zanatta seems to be an ~average Championship winger at best, with no real strengths. You'd be better trying to keep Ritchie-Hosler who more than deserves a chance at Championship level, if not higher.

zan.thumb.png.63ee4bf39e9e26846761c7c420ed50e7.png

Edited by RandomGuy.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd be surprised if hes not with us for next season tbh. We are guaranteed safety now so will be in the top flight.

We're likely to have an absolute cull of the squad (30+ senior players) while also having to cut the wage bill (undoubtedly the largest we've had in 20+ years) so folk like Max will get their chance to stake a claim amongst the chaos I'd imagine.

FWIW Zanatta seems to be an ~average Championship winger at best, with no real strengths. You'd be better trying to keep Ritchie-Hosler who more than deserves a chance at Championship level, if not higher.

zan.thumb.png.63ee4bf39e9e26846761c7c420ed50e7.png

Aye, KRH is absolutely class. 

He's also on a big wage at Rangers though so it's not really in our hands at all with regards to getting him next season sadly. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Aye, KRH is absolutely class. 

He's also on a big wage at Rangers though so it's not really in our hands at all with regards to getting him next season sadly. 

Ah, genuinely had no idea he was a Rangers loanee, which might f**k you.

Seems likely they'll try and hawk him round English sides before they think about another Scottish loan.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ah, genuinely had no idea he was a Rangers loanee, which might f**k you.

Seems likely they'll try and hawk him round English sides before they think about another Scottish loan.

Think he's out of contract at Rangers so would be up to them if they offer him a new deal and he wants to come back or if we can tempt him on permanent terms

On 21/05/2023 at 00:09, ShaggysBeard said:

I managed to watch every single game of the COVID season on ParsTV without interruption pretty much without exception. Which, by most accounts, is superior than a lot of clubs in that period.

I'm not bothered about people speaking or any punditry though, pointing the camera at the pitch is good enough for me.

You were very lucky then, my experience of Pars Tv was pretty much you should feel lucky you have anything to watch and don’t complain that probably the first half of the season there were huge problems every game. 
As a ST holder the idea from Brian was always we are volunteers, despite talking money for the game and providing a piss poor service, I see on .net his service hasn’t improved with every game some unforeseen situation arising. He then used the website to dictate his views and will ban and delete posts to suit, bitter little c***.

6 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Zanatta be worth a punt I'd say.

Love to see it just for the howls as the season goes on. Massive confidence player, completely disappears when he has a bad run, easily marked out of the game because he’s always going to cut and shoot the same way.

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Love to see it just for the howls as the season goes on. Massive confidence player, completely disappears when he has a bad run, easily marked out of the game because he’s always going to cut and shoot the same way.

Joe Cardle did us both proud with a similar predicable style, at our level you get what you pay for and our current management team are definitely looking to pick players who add to the squad (first 11). For the first time in a decade a genuinely feel our recruitment strategy is going the correct way.

3 hours ago, Clangers said:

For the first time in a decade a genuinely feel our recruitment strategy is going the correct way.

Felt this under Stevie Crawford tbf to him

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Felt this under Stevie Crawford tbf to him

Yeah Crawford is good at recruiting imo. Problem is he has a bit of McGylnn in him and couldn't change things. No plan B.

McPake can do both which makes me appreciate him even more. 

Edited by Heaton

It won't always work and he won't always get it right but I'll appreciate any manager that changes things when it's not working. 

Except AJ when he did it once and brought on Mvoto up front at Tannadice.