Walking Down The Halbeath Road

43 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

They certainly are a funny lot, Scots who want to be Irish and last night wanted to be German as well, but still show everyone that they are Irish! 

Wearing their hooped shirts was definitely a case of ‘look at me!’ last night and wonder what real St Pauli fans who were there thought of them.

I have seen messages on twitter from St Pauli fans from all over the UK who came to the game so in that respect it was good to help raise The Pars profile a bit. 

I certainly wouldn’t say no to a return match in Hamburg. 

Aye there was a Yorkshire flag there which was nice. The ones in Celtic tops though, oaft. 

19 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

From forgettable to belter with one easy and extremely obvious change. 

Screenshot_20230624_134212_WhatsApp.jpg

I don't mind the blue sponsor logo - Newcastle have had a blue logo on there kit for many a year and we do have blue in the club badge - but of we'd had stripes on the arms and under the oxters it would have been nicer than it is. That's four kits errea have supplied so far and I can't say I'm that keen on any of them albeit the red one looked better in the flesh last night (quite a few had that on, at least in the home end) and the green GK kit looked OK from a distance.

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Dunno if anything's already known but Gowser wearing new Dunfermline gear today, reckon it's all but announced that he's signing permanently.

He played as a trialist last night.

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Dunno if anything's already known but Gowser wearing new Dunfermline gear today, reckon it's all but announced that he's signing permanently.

He played as a trialist, but hasn’t signed yet. Was asked to prove his fitness, but I’m not sure last night will have done him any favours.

54 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Sad the way it ended. Loved him, always gave 100%

All the best Gowser.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

That would've been taken after the game last night matey. 

He's been a really, really good player in the past, one that I've been a fan of. However I really hope he don't sign him, looks done. 

8 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

lolwut

You realise there is absolutely hee-haw difference between the two? 

Folk are going on about all the hype and pageantry that went on. That's the difference.

Edited by Heaton

9 minutes ago, Heaton said:

Folk are going on about all the hype and pageantry that went on. That's the difference.

Aye would say there is a difference, which is around the off field stuff (there won't be anything on at the Alhambra for Hearts or St Johnstone for example, nor will there be merchandise for either game). On field it's the same thing though.

5 hours ago, Heaton said:

That's just the club putting more effort into promoting the match, though. They called it an "Exhibition" to make it sound more exciting than a run of the mill friendly game.

There is no actual difference between the two. They could have equally called it a "Warm Up Match" or a "Super Duper Special Challenge Encounter".

Noticed Raith and Falkirk doing pay up options for ST’s, doesn’t seem like finance we used previously, more like set split over 3 payments. Wonder what this is and if it’s something we would be looking at. For me personally, we’ve had a bit of an unexpected car bill this week so doubtful I’ll be paying £300odd for my ST this month.

Frustrating that we were told it’s not easy to access a finance option yet two rivals are doing exactly that. Be handy in the current climate.

Edited by The Toun Clock

57 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Noticed Raith and Falkirk doing pay up options for ST’s, doesn’t seem like finance we used previously, more like set split over 3 payments. Wonder what this is and if it’s something we would be looking at. For me personally, we’ve had a bit of an unexpected car bill this week so doubtful I’ll be paying £300odd for my ST this month.

Frustrating that we were told it’s not easy to access a finance option yet two rivals are doing exactly that. Be handy in the current climate.

I do wonder how much Klarna charge their businesses to use it, even PayPal offer purchases spread over a number of payments.

I do think the old model of a standalone credit broker is done, was the interest on the last one, 2/3 years ago, not something daft like over 40% so you were cheaper buying walk ups.

Last year might have been 0% plus an arrangement fee but can't remember who the provider was or what the arrangement fee is.

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

It's definitely a good option to have, but I think the Rovers are onto their third or possibly fourth different provider in the relatively short time they've been doing it. Nothing catastrophic has gone wrong, as far as I'm aware, there's just been a bit of a fankle with fees and the customer service aspect of it. 

The club certainly seem to think it's worthwhile, but maybe "not easy to access" isn't the most inaccurate way to describe it. 

14 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

It's definitely a good option to have, but I think the Rovers are onto their third or possibly fourth different provider in the relatively short time they've been doing it. Nothing catastrophic has gone wrong, as far as I'm aware, there's just been a bit of a fankle with fees and the customer service aspect of it. 

The club certainly seem to think it's worthwhile, but maybe "not easy to access" isn't the most inaccurate way to describe it. 

It's been an absolute pain in the arse to get ticket on the finance option this season tbh.  Was much easier when it was done through a 3rd party in seasons gone by.

Edited by CALDERON