Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I think McGowan will be useful if we can keep him fit. The Paul McGowan we seen last season wasn’t his best, he hadn’t kicked a ball for Dundee due to injury and wasn’t match sharp. We had no availability to bring him in for game time apart from 10-15 mins here and there due to the title chase. Bags of experience.

Disappointing to see Ruari Paton join Queens Park. He commented on how much he enjoyed playing at East End so thought there was some hope, suppose it’ll come down to location as well, he’s probably based through west and they have investment that will allow them to afford that wee bit more.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

But overall we've totally over egged it. Merchandise, an interview with Bundesliga commentator Derek Rae, constant reminders on the clubs socials, limited edition whisky

I would say it's been marketed in the way I would expect. 

Most clubs in Scotland would love a tie like this, particularly to strengthen ties with a team of a better standard on and off the pitch.

The merchandise appears to have been St Pauli driven and I seem to remember them saying their merchandise was their biggest income raiser even above ticket sales, which wouldn't be hard to believe having been to their club shop.

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Way over the top. Commemorative whiskeys…jeezy peeps man. 

Mods please!

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Also, notice we’ve included pics of Paul McGowan in today’s training pictures on Instagram.

No number though suggests fitness rather than player to me but no doubt we will find out soon enough 

49 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Disappointing to see Ruari Paton join Queens Park. He commented on how much he enjoyed playing at East End so thought there was some hope, suppose it’ll come down to location as well, he’s probably based through west and they have investment that will allow them to afford that wee bit more.

I’m not. There will be better, proven strikers coming in shortly. Hang tight. 

53 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Not bothered by that.  He did essentially f**k all against us and whilst our defensive record was fantastic I think that will be a symptom of how he'll fair when he's not up against league 1 pish.  He maybe an ok squad player in the championship but we've just let strikers go that were capable of that.  Mcpake has already said he feels its an area he wants to improve and I hope that means he's got a few guys of better quality lined up.

McGowan would be ok if we aren't paying much out, but that means we've completely filed the keeping the gang together part of the squad and need the remainder coming in to be ones that are going to really take this good squad upwards and become a great squad.  

I’d have been happy to see Paton here. But I think he’s probably quite similar to Wighton. Clever player, who gets goals through his movement/reading of the game. Wighton’s also a better player. I think we need different options.

In terms of strikers, if we can upgrade on Todorov and O’Hara for target man/poacher roles, I’ll be very happy. We’re still short on wingers and midfielders.

Will be interesting to see how we set up tonight. I’d assume it’ll be roughly:

Mehmet

Fisher
Benedictus
Otoo

Comrie
Hamilton
Chalmers
Edwards

KRH.  
Wighton
McCann

Only assuming Otoo, due to the fact McPake mentioned they won’t take risks with Breen. Would expect to see Breen, Allan, McGowan, Fenton and some of the kids at some point.

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

I’d have been happy to see Paton here. But I think he’s probably quite similar to Wighton. Clever player, who gets goals through his movement/reading of the game. Wighton’s also a better player. I think we need different options.

In terms of strikers, if we can upgrade on Todorov and O’Hara for target man/poacher roles, I’ll be very happy. We’re still short on wingers and midfielders.

Will be interesting to see how we set up tonight. I’d assume it’ll be roughly:

Mehmet

Fisher
Benedictus
Otoo

Comrie
Hamilton
Chalmers
Edwards

KRH.  
Wighton
McCann

Only assuming Otoo, due to the fact McPake mentioned they won’t take risks with Breen. Would expect to see Breen, Allan, McGowan, Fenton and some of the kids at some point.

Like the look of that team tbh. Obviously need a bit more depth up front but not every team in the league will be able to field as strong a side at the end of June. 

24 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Did he not score? Regardless of what he did against us, he scored a whack of goals in a mid table QoS team.

he did mate.

FWIW on the striker front, I'd have definitely kept Todorov.

New kit has a blue SRJ logo apparently. Who thought that would have been a good idea? Totally clashes with white, black, and red. 

Edited by DAFC.

19 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

New kit has a blue SRJ logo apparently. Who thought that would have been a good idea? Totally clashes with white, black, and red. 

We had five consecutive seasons where we didn't have a black, white or red sponsor and it wasn't too bad tbf, depends how they've done it.