Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, 101 said:

I don't know if Gary Mackay-Stevens is even a outside shout but he is available.

Only 6 appearances last year though.

Not for me. Seems like a type of player we should avoid.

6 minutes ago, parsboi said:

Or it’s deliberate …. 

Was thinking the same.

On 19/06/2023 at 16:00, CallumPar said:

I believe we should expect 2/3 signings to be announced before the St Pauli game. 2 are done deals and could be announced today, but knowing the club, the announcements are likely to be delayed by a day or two. The other is training with us, as of this morning, and is expected to sign, but the coaching staff wanted them to prove their fitness before the contract is signed.

There are also trialists with the squad, who may be involved on Friday.

That’s Fisher announced now. Think everyone knows the other one. Sure Otoo will be announced soon.

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

Help our contract printer is stuck on 3 year deals!

Paul McGowan 3 year deal incoming!

Really like the commitment we’re showing to the young guys (and the coaching team). Also gives the club some protection. Too many players in the past signed 2 year deals, took a year or so to find their feet, then left for nothing once they started playing well.

21 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

That’s Fisher announced now. Think everyone knows the other one. Sure Otoo will be announced soon.

This is going to be dissapointing if it was Fisher Otoo and McGowan.

I want new blood!

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

This is going to be dissapointing if it was Fisher Otoo and McGowan.

I want new blood!

Ned to sort out their website before they announce anyone else. Every time they post things to social media, the link seems to be broken. I was hoping the new website was a sign of things improving, but it seems like they don’t actually know how to use it. Article about Fisher not actually on the site, I don’t think.

Also, we’ll definitely be working on new faces. But I think it’s great that the guys who were here on loan want to be here long term. It’s definitely very pleasing that they’ve been so easy for the club to persuade to join. 

Happy with that. Don't think he has the frame to be a CH unless in a back 3 and don't think he's mobile enough to be an out and out RB.

He gets security of a three year deal, we get some cash but more importantly a potential sell on fee if he does do well and you get a player that you liked last season that you view as an improvement to the squad.

Everyone wins! Not often that happens.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Happy with that. Don't think he has the frame to be a CH unless in a back 3 and don't think he's mobile enough to be an out and out RB.

He gets security of a three year deal, we get some cash but more importantly a potential sell on fee if he does do well and you get a player that you liked last season that you view as an improvement to the squad.

Everyone wins! Not often that happens.

I'm absolutely looking too deeply into this, it doesn't seem like a transfer deal going by the wording on your site, will the sell on fee not be the standard compensation fee you'd be entitled too with Fisher coming through your youth system? 

Just now, HoBNob said:

I'm absolutely looking too deeply into this, it doesn't seem like a transfer deal going by the wording on your site, will the sell on fee not be the standard compensation fee you'd be entitled too with Fisher coming through your youth system? 

You'll have had to have paid the standard compensation (no idea what the figure would be but some players seem to go for mental money and others pennies) and we'll have agreed to reduce that slightly for say 10% (no idea what percentage) sell on or whatever. 

Anyone watched McPake’s interview? The media team have had a stinker. This interview clearly follows him talking about bringing in Otoo. The YouTube video starts off with the ParsTV guy mid-sentence, talking about bringing in Fisher ‘as well’. McPake opens by talking about how Sam has more experience than Ewan does.

Really need to improve that side of things.

25 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You'll have had to have paid the standard compensation (no idea what the figure would be but some players seem to go for mental money and others pennies) and we'll have agreed to reduce that slightly for say 10% (no idea what percentage) sell on or whatever. 

That's what I thought would be the case, but just going by the wording on the site, and McPake's interview it seems likes he's moved under freedom of contract rather than a deal being agreed between the sides. 

3 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

That's what I thought would be the case, but just going by the wording on the site, and McPake's interview it seems likes he's moved under freedom of contract rather than a deal being agreed between the sides. 

He rejected a contract at Dundee. He’s under 23, so Dundee were due compensation. I really don’t think Dundee have just made up that they got compensation and a sell-on %.

11 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

He rejected a contract at Dundee. He’s under 23, so Dundee were due compensation. I really don’t think Dundee have just made up that they got compensation and a sell-on %.

I'm not saying they've made up that they've got compensation and a sell on %, as soon as they offered a contract to Fisher they would've been due that. I just don't think it's been structured like say KRH, which was a transfer. 

2 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

I'm not saying they've made up that they've got compensation and a sell on %, as soon as they offered a contract to Fisher they would've been due that. I just don't think it's been structured like say KRH, which was a transfer. 

But it’s the exact same scenario. Player was under 23, but out of contract, so we agreed compensation and a sell on % to bring them here. There’s no difference at all.