Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Would have taken Spencer and Lang at us tbh.

Lang as a back up/squad player sure, definitely not Spencer, he will suit McGlynn's sideways and back passing style.

3 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Would have taken Spencer and Lang at us tbh.

Nah, disagree with that.  Think all 3 of the signings today are exactly the level Falkirk are at.  Top end of League 1, would not improve us at all and would be back ups for the current players we have. 

There’s better out there for us to go after.  I want us to get our business done, but happy to wait a bit more for the right quality.

Lang was here before and was never fit. Seems to have had missed a lot of games with the Rovers too. He wouldn’t improve our defence, so no point in bringing in ‘cover’ if he’s unlikely to be fit to provide cover.

Not sure Spencer would improve our midfield, but might have been alright as cover, I guess. Don’t feel like we’ve missed out on much yet anyway.

3 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Definitely got potential, was good at driving the team forward. But was also suspect defensively. Having said that, he’s young and seemed to improve during his time here. Not convinced by someone so small at CB, but there’s definitely a player in there somewhere.

Clearly needs regular first team football at this stage of his career, so the move would make sense. Hopefully McPake can get the best out of him.

Alright Keysy. 😉

Tbf I don't fancy him as a CB in a four but as the left CB in a three I think he'll do a job and get forward too, like a discount Kieran Tierney.

Quite happy with Otoo coming back if the rumours are true. Definitely still a bit raw and took a bit of time getting used to the pace of the game when he first arrived, but loads of potential, and once he settled into the pace I thought he really grew into that loan spell. Hard to argue against having more familiar faces after the success last season, especially where the back line is concerned.

Otoo is a brilliant player. Bit raw, but fits the modern bill as a centre half/ defensive mid…whatever is required of him. I’m sure the old codgers that frequent .nut and the Main Stand will be raging once he is announced because he likes to get forward and take chances. 

6 hours ago, CallumPar said:

He is. But, without Otoo signing yet, we only have 2 CBs signed up, so every chance we’re planning to bring in someone more experienced. Having said that, a player having more experience doesn’t always mean that they’re a better option. It’s all about finding someone who’s the right fit for our team/system.

I get that experience isn’t always the better option 100% but they Instill confidence in the rest of the defence/GK with the leadership and what they bring in terms of decision making we lacked that last season when Berra unexpectedly retired and we were a shamble’s defensively but I do get what your saying though 

40 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I get that experience isn’t always the better option 100% but they Instill confidence in the rest of the defence/GK with the leadership and what they bring in terms of decision making we lacked that last season when Berra unexpectedly retired and we were a shamble’s defensively but I do get what your saying though 

Breens played a fair few games at this level for QOTS tbf.

Whilst I do want another experienced center half and someone like Murray would certainly take that role the number of appearances are beginning to really add up for the others in our back line,   Comrie and edwards are a baw hair off 200, Breen will be over 100 if not very close come the end of next season, fisher if he joins is over 50.

so that leaves only KRH and Otoo who could be called completely new to senior football and I think just about every pars fan will have the former as a certain starter who can easily handle it at championship level.

Otoo, I think for now whilst versatile isn’t first choice in any the positions he plays even without any other additions ,  but he may end up picking up a decent number of games between them, He’s an ok squad signing for me right now.

Edited by parsforlife

Happy is Otoo signs. 

As others have said, not the finished article but has the potential to be fantastic. Definitely worth a few years to see how he develops, wouldn't be surprised if he didn't quite make it and wouldn't be surprised if we punted him back to Celtic in a few years with a lovely sell on clause.

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Chances of the home top being revealed today? Or will they actually wait until next week's game for the reveal?

I’d have thought they might want to sell it ahead of next week’s game, so today would make sense. Players are in for their pre-season testing today, so they won’t be short of models (and a couple of new faces). Although, they might have already filmed the launch video for the home kit.

Still got a third kit to launch as well, which will probably be closer to the start of the season/just before we’re due to wear it.

54 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Chances of the home top being revealed today? Or will they actually wait until next week's game for the reveal?

Heard its being unveiled through a TIFO in the North West next Friday.

19 hours ago, El Chapo said:

Lang as a back up/squad player sure, definitely not Spencer, he will suit McGlynn's sideways and back passing style.

No danger would I have wanted Lang back here. Never managed a game the first time. He has played just over 60 games in his career and he is 26. Nearly half of those games were played last year coming back from doing his ACL and Raith were still happy to get rid. I wouldn't wish an injury on any professional footballer but his record is poor. The boy is made of chocolate and I mean Cadburys flake.

Keith Watson has been freed from Ross County, I would take him as an experienced player who can slot in at CB and RB. That said his wages will have been very decent in Dingwall 

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

I’d have thought they might want to sell it ahead of next week’s game, so today would make sense. Players are in for their pre-season testing today, so they won’t be short of models (and a couple of new faces). Although, they might have already filmed the launch video for the home kit.

Still got a third kit to launch as well, which will probably be closer to the start of the season/just before we’re due to wear it.

That would make sense.

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Heard its being unveiled through a TIFO in the North West next Friday.

Hmmm, an odd way to launch a new strip but different and could be pretty cool if done well.