Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Here's one for you all; imagine we sold a player at their peak. Who would it be and what would the fee be?

For me, I reckon Skerla could have went for about £2M circa early 2004. Maybe Crawford for £1.5M around late 2003.

Tod in 97/98 could have went for about £750k.

Pretty sure the club rejected a few offers for Norrie, but imagine most of those would have been around £200-500k.

Edited by DA Baracus

Matty Todd 25/26 £75m

In all seriousness probably Andrew Wilson Scottish international with us went on to score 59 goals for Chelsea in like 240 appearances. Could easily been serious cash had it not been for a whole range of circumstances.

Same with Charlie Dickson amazing that no one managed to tempt him away. Would have thought for his goalscoring records he would have been worth £20k+ which would be like £300k in today's money

14 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Here's one for you all; imagine we sold a player at their peak. Who would it be and what would the fee be?

For me, I reckon Skerla could have went for about £2M circa early 2004. Maybe Crawford for £1.5M around late 2003.

Pretty sure the club rejected a few offers for Norrie, but imagine most of those would have been around £200-500k.

Rossi 1.7m 

Easy money if he'd been even a tiny bit less mad.

15 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Wullie Gibson would have fetched a decent fee if it hadn't been the January leading up to his contract being up. Could have made money on Cardle if we'd sold him in the Summer of 2012 as well, I remember Hibs being quite heavily linked with him.

Barry Nic could have fetched a decent fee if he’d went at the end of that 03/04 season, he was superb. However he stayed with the club then was injured for a lot of it and went to Aberdeen for nothing in at the end of the season. Most of that team could have went on to bigger things. The following season Crawford, Brewster, Bullen, Dempsey all went and of course Calderwood and Jimmy Nic, we were a complete shit show. Have to say, those three weeks at the end where Leish came back and we beat Dundee 5-0, won 0-1 up at Tannadice with the last kick of the ball were great, not arsed about us getting humped 4-0 at Rugby Park on the final day as we were safe. 

Anyone seen this Ahoy Ahoy Supporters club that's been launched on social media in the last few days?

Anyone on here in the background or know what the long term aim is? 

From the very early stuff looks like it could be a nice way to drag the club to a more socially progressive footing which can only be a good thing.

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

Anyone seen this Ahoy Ahoy Supporters club that's been launched on social media in the last few days?

Anyone on here in the background or know what the long term aim is? 

From the very early stuff looks like it could be a nice way to drag the club to a more socially progressive footing which can only be a good thing.

I did see it on Facebook but haven’t properly looked yet. Will give it a browse soon.