Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I liked MacDonald quite a lot, was looking good there until KRH took his place, beating a man and work rate never an issue.

Yeah he could put a decent ball in, most players could do that on occasion. I always thought if he nailed down his final ball he could move up again but that was his weakness. 

I would have kept him if he was happy to be back up. 

I’m slightly surprised it’s a Partick Thistle fan asking about him over say Alloa.   He’s a good league 1 player and I’d be doubtful he’ll stay FT unless it’s to be a similar bit part player for one of the lower paying sides. 

His final ball is abit inconsistent but he puts in enough good ones for that not to be too much of a concern,  the bigger issue is going backwards, I don’t think mcpake ever fully trusted him defensively and I think it’s notable when he did start it was either with the expectation the opposition would be sitting in or he wasn’t being directly played at wingback, more as a wide midfielder with a back 4 behind him.

20 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I’m slightly surprised it’s a Partick Thistle fan asking about him over say Alloa.   He’s a good league 1 player and I’d be doubtful he’ll stay FT unless it’s to be a similar bit part player for one of the lower paying sides. 

Partick is retooling, with most of the squad moving on. It looks a lot like a money saving campaign given the loses and mismanagement reported.

19 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Edwards had a worse success rate in terms of crossing.

I’d agree with that.

@RandomGuy.might be able to data comparisons, possibly including KRH but I believe the wyscout system has a little bit of a fit over wingbacks as it tries to force them into being both wingers and full backs rather than acknowledging it as a particular position 

14 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I’d agree with that.

@RandomGuy.might be able to data comparisons, possibly including KRH but I believe the wyscout system has a little bit of a fit over wingbacks as it tries to force them into being both wingers and full backs rather than acknowledging it as a particular position 

I think MacDonald will show up well on Wyscout. 

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

I’d agree with that.

Ignore WyScout saying Ritchie-Hosler is at Rangers, not a clue when they update these things.

Screenshot2023-06-16202642nfy.png.535548011bedca3352f05c1ecaa56b1b.png

Left is compared to full backs, right compared to wingers.

macdo.thumb.png.06b277aba18d09eece28f45252d5f50f.png

Edited by RandomGuy.

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ve never even heard of Kyle MacDonald but he sounds like a big upgrade on our right backs last season. Hope we’re in for him.

A full back with the ability to carry the ball is an outrageous prospect after the last several seasons. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

A full back with the ability to carry the ball is an outrageous prospect after the last several seasons. 

Aye I don’t even care if his crosses hit the car park half the time. Someone getting beyond their winger would be a huge leap forward and something we’ve not had since Daniel Harvie.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye I don’t even care if his crosses hit the car park half the time. Someone getting beyond their winger would be a huge leap forward and something we’ve not had since Daniel Harvie.

Fully agreed - I absolutely love a ball carrying full back, desperate for us to get one. 

Daniel Harvie though 😍

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ve never even heard of Kyle MacDonald but he sounds like a big upgrade on our right backs last season. Hope we’re in for him.

I've no idea if he's any good defensively, we never played him as a RB, and when we played him as a RWB he'd have Comrie/Fisher inside him who'd do the defensive work. 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

I liked that MacDonald showed a bit of quality in hitting crosses from deeper positions as well as being able to hit the byline. He isn’t rapid, but is powerful and that helps to get by the fullbacks. I’d say his inconsistency with crossing is overstated tbh. 

14 minutes ago, smpar said:

I liked that MacDonald showed a bit of quality in hitting crosses from deeper positions as well as being able to hit the byline. He isn’t rapid, but is powerful and that helps to get by the fullbacks. I’d say his inconsistency with crossing is overstated tbh. 

Sounds bit like Shaun Rooney tbh. Wasn’t that quick but once he picked up a bit of momentum you couldn’t stop him.