Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

This thread was first started in 2012 and I'd be willing to guess that every year we've had supporters pissing their pants in fear because we haven't signed enough players.

Relax.

Nah not 2019, Crawford stole a march on everyone and we'd signed 6 or 7 by this point and our start to the league campaign was poor. 

17 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The EEB could have been decent but they had some moderators who decided to act like .net moderators at the start which drove some folk away, and they also allowing too much obvious trolling to derail too many threads. I do still sometimes have a look at it though as there are some good posts/posters on there but, like you say, it's just really quiet.

Has picked up a bit traffic now. I spoke with one of the mods in Charlie Ds and he was switched on, the main troll has been banned and its a pretty decent site with some good discussion (which doesn't go south quickly like the .net zoo)

5 minutes ago, forzapars said:

Daily Record reporting we are on the verge of signing Ewan Otoo on a permanent 3 year deal. Liked him in the second half of the season. Plenty potential and good enough for the step up imo.

The KRH factor there?

10 minutes ago, forzapars said:

Daily Record reporting we are on the verge of signing Ewan Otoo on a permanent 3 year deal. Liked him in the second half of the season. Plenty potential and good enough for the step up imo.

Good cover at LB and LCB.

Fisher or another RCB would complete the back line for me

18 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

The performance at Falkirk gives me worry that he's not ready to step up to Championship level, but to be fair he's done well in other games.

Aye, he was very poor at Falkirk. 

He's definitely got the potential though. 

35 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Good cover and good potential but need a bit more quality and experience at CB (E.g. Murray) 

Issue with Murray is it sounded like he was free to find a new club back in January when we nearly got him, I’m sure I read somewhere that the new manager had him on a retained list so he must still be under contract. That being said, we’ve clearly paid compensation for KRH, Otoo and Fisher if we do so I wouldn’t be shocked. I do think we need experience, if anything was to happen to Bene.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Aye, he was very poor at Falkirk. 

He's definitely got the potential though. 

I’ve never seen otoo play obviously but do know he’s a young inexperienced player but maybe someone with the experience like Benedictus next to him guiding him along could be a good thing for lad like what Berra done with us with Tom Lang was guiding him through games before Langs injury 

7 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I’ve never seen otoo play obviously but do know he’s a young inexperienced player but maybe someone with the experience like Benedictus next to him guiding him along could be a good thing for lad like what Berra done with us with Tom Lang was guiding him through games before Langs injury 

Spor on. Bene doesn't shut his puss 😂😂best captain we've had in years.

2 hours ago, forzapars said:

Definitely got potential, was good at driving the team forward. But was also suspect defensively. Having said that, he’s young and seemed to improve during his time here. Not convinced by someone so small at CB, but there’s definitely a player in there somewhere.

Clearly needs regular first team football at this stage of his career, so the move would make sense. Hopefully McPake can get the best out of him.

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

Spor on. Bene doesn't shut his puss 😂😂best captain we've had in years.

He was like that a bit with us tbf, but is Bene your only experienced CH? If so then it’s a risk going with inexperience if he gets injured playing in the championship. 

10 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

He was like that a bit with us tbf, but is Bene your only experienced CH? If so then it’s a risk going with inexperience if he gets injured playing in the championship. 

He is. But, without Otoo signing yet, we only have 2 CBs signed up, so every chance we’re planning to bring in someone more experienced. Having said that, a player having more experience doesn’t always mean that they’re a better option. It’s all about finding someone who’s the right fit for our team/system.