Walking Down The Halbeath Road

24 minutes ago, Heaton said:

So surely Fisher would be announced by now if we had actually signed him? 

It's getting too quiet now. This is the worst part of the close season for sure 

I'd not be worried by that tbh

25 minutes ago, Heaton said:

So surely Fisher would be announced by now if we had actually signed him? 

It's getting too quiet now. This is the worst part of the close season for sure 

It might all be done and he could be on holiday? Or maybe the new Dundee manager wants to see his players before making a decision? It's not been announced that he's signed an extension for Dundee either. I think he's technically a free agent just now.

It's also not been announced that Dundee have released him. I'd say it's pretty safe to assume that they've offered him a contract, and that they are now due a compensation fee. 

Fisher hasn't signed the extension yet I'd imagine so the clubs might be working it out between them? I'm not sure he's worth paying a fee for tbh. 

7 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

It's also not been announced that Dundee have released him. I'd say it's pretty safe to assume that they've offered him a contract, and that they are now due a compensation fee. 

Fisher hasn't signed the extension yet I'd imagine so the clubs might be working it out between them? I'm not sure he's worth paying a fee for tbh. 

Well he has been offered a deal at Dundee that's for sure. We've been announcing signings/ re-signings at the rate of one per day but he must be about the last of those who were offered to either sign or reject a new contract. I can't see him getting much game time so it wouldn't surprise me to see him take up a two year contract and then go out on loan.

Would really like to see a signing or two (or 8 to be fair 😂) before the St Pauli game.  We still look light in numbers in every position plus I really think we need some more quality for this level in at least 3 bodies to compliment the spine.

In other news, has .net forum bit the dust?  With it being so quiet on the other forums I tried going on there a few times last couple of days and just get “bad request”.  At least with it open most of the zoomers out there just stick to posting there rather than migrating elsewhere 😂

15 minutes ago, parsboi said:

Would really like to see a signing or two (or 8 to be fair 😂) before the St Pauli game.  We still look light in numbers in every position plus I really think we need some more quality for this level in at least 3 bodies to compliment the spine.

In other news, has .net forum bit the dust?  With it being so quiet on the other forums I tried going on there a few times last couple of days and just get “bad request”.  At least with it open most of the zoomers out there just stick to posting there rather than migrating elsewhere 😂

Still plenty of time for signings and we can play trialists in friendlies.

Aye .net is like a herding pen for the more unhinged of the fanbase so if it's closed down who knows where they'll post.

55 minutes ago, parsboi said:

37 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Still plenty of time for signings and we can play trialists in friendlies.

Aye .net is like a herding pen for the more unhinged of the fanbase so if it's closed down who knows where they'll post.

Dotnet is still there although it's not as busy as it once was. The bad request thing comes up for me often but refreshing it does seem to force it to work eventually. Some have suggested clearing cookies and cache but I'm not sure how to do that on my phone. The other forum is even quieter I think. Probably more Pars fans on here than there are on EEB.

17 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Dotnet is still there although it's not as busy as it once was. The bad request thing comes up for me often but refreshing it does seem to force it to work eventually. Some have suggested clearing cookies and cache but I'm not sure how to do that on my phone. The other forum is even quieter I think. Probably more Pars fans on here than there are on EEB.

The EEB could have been decent but they had some moderators who decided to act like .net moderators at the start which drove some folk away, and they also allowing too much obvious trolling to derail too many threads. I do still sometimes have a look at it though as there are some good posts/posters on there but, like you say, it's just really quiet.

1 hour ago, parsboi said:

Plenty time yet. Will likely see a few signings and trialists once the team are back. Until they’re back training, there’s no rush to get contracts signed.

13 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

How many people will lose their shit if we lose even a couple of these games? 

Can't wait for a meltdown when St Pauli put a couple past us.

I mind those days it was you that lost your shit rapid! 😂

St Pauli are capable of firing 5 or 6 past us if they want to, it could be a proper doing.

Last season we didn’t get out the group stage of the league cup for first time in ages, and then went on to lose just one league game all season.  Wouldn’t mind same again. 😉

38 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The EEB could have been decent but they had some moderators who decided to act like .net moderators at the start which drove some folk away, and they also allowing too much obvious trolling to derail too many threads. I do still sometimes have a look at it though as there are some good posts/posters on there but, like you say, it's just really quiet.

Yeh all the forums are quiet and agree re EEB and the trolling, though think that has finally been stopped.  It can be decent at times.

In other news, more details of the "entertainment" around the St Pauli match has been announced and they've apologised for the previously announced stuff not really being Pars oriented. Also going to have Bratwurst etc on sale and a former players association Q&A with Jason Barber (who used to be very visible around the club but I've not heard him do much for ages).

24 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

This thread was first started in 2012 and I'd be willing to guess that every year we've had supporters pissing their pants in fear because we haven't signed enough players.

Relax.

Yep. Don’t know why people can’t just wait another couple of days until we announce a couple of new faces. Not back for preseason yet and still 4 and a half weeks until the first league cup game.