Walking Down The Halbeath Road

If the STV reports are accurate £2m plus add-ons that's a hell of a pay day. Obviously nothing to Raith but assume Partick will be due a small amount of cash for his development unless they were as daft as Raith.

Anyway...

Super League Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Get a German-style fan-zone built behind the North East stand with that dosh! 

Would need to buy the land off the council sure it's theirs sadly. 

Might be able to afford Sky Sports in the lounges now 😅

45 minutes ago, 101 said:

If the STV reports are accurate £2m plus add-ons that's a hell of a pay day. Obviously nothing to Raith but assume Partick will be due a small amount of cash for his development unless they were as daft as Raith.

Anyway...

Super League Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

Not sure - remember Partick actually released him, he wasn’t sold/no compensation was due. So I’d be surprised if they’re now entitled to any?

4 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Not sure - remember Partick actually released him, he wasn’t sold/no compensation was due. So I’d be surprised if they’re now entitled to any?

See on the Partick thread they are talking about compo so guess they would know best.

4 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

They'll get compensation for having come through there youth system regardless of whether they sold/released him I thought. 

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

They'll get compensation for having come through there youth system regardless of whether they sold/released him I thought. 

Fair enough. I honestly don’t know (or claim to know) the rules on compensation. Will be peanuts I’d imagine, but could go a long way to seeing them keep going as a football club!

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

This. 5% of any cross border fee is deducted up front and distributed to the clubs that youth developed a player from 12 to 21. You won't see any of that as he was already 21 when he joined you. You'll get whatever % of the sell on (most likely profit) was agreed with Hibs and that's it. As his main youth development club (I'm not sure where else he may have been before Thistle) then they'll get most of the 5%. I'd imagine somewhere between £50k and £100k.

If it's around 2 million and they bought him for about 300k, after taking off the development and everything else, Hibs will make a profit of around 1.5 million? If the 30% figure is correct that would be 450,000 which added to the 300,000 we got for him originally would mean a new transfer record received for us since its currently £600,000 for McNamara?

Scandalous. Thistle released him and still get a cut, should be us and the cabbage and that’s it 🤣.

How does these types of transfers work. So we’ve agreed a % with Hibs when Nisbet moved from us. The fee is undisclosed. Do legal teams from us and Hibs have to get in touch with each other so that we get sight of the official transfer documents, just to make sure he cost Millwall £2.5M and not £3.5M?

9 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

If it's around 2 million and they bought him for about 300k, after taking off the development and everything else, Hibs will make a profit of around 1.5 million? If the 30% figure is correct that would be 450,000 which added to the 300,000 we got for him originally would mean a new transfer record received for us since its currently £600,000 for McNamara?

Yeh will need a new one of these...

Screenshot_20230610-174651.jpg

42 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This. 5% of any cross border fee is deducted up front and distributed to the clubs that youth developed a player from 12 to 21. You won't see any of that as he was already 21 when he joined you. You'll get whatever % of the sell on (most likely profit) was agreed with Hibs and that's it. As his main youth development club (I'm not sure where else he may have been before Thistle) then they'll get most of the 5%. I'd imagine somewhere between £50k and £100k.

Is it not up to the age of 23? Transfermarkt has Raith and Dunfermline both getting £10k each out of it.

IMG_4302.png

16 minutes ago, 101 said:

Yeh will need a new one of these...

Screenshot_20230610-174651.jpg

Considering some of the players we've had over the years, that our record fee received is so low is crazy!

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Considering some of the players we've had over the years, that our record fee received is so low is crazy!

The one that sticks in folks craw from that time was that Raith sold McAnespie who was nowhere near as good for nearer a million. Andy Smith was linked with a move after his 20 odd goal season but we didn't sell and he ended up going to Kilmarnock for, what, 150k?

Given how good he was meant to be and where he ended up, I'm surprised Kozma didn't cost Liverpool more. 

We also should have got bigger money for Skerla. 

Rossi was another if he hasn't been a nut job.

Barry Nicholson too.

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

The one that sticks in folks craw from that time was that Raith sold McAnespie who was nowhere near as good for nearer a million. Andy Smith was linked with a move after his 20 odd goal season but we didn't sell and he ended up going to Kilmarnock for, what, 150k?

Aye he went to Kilmarnock for pretty cheap. He only had a few months left on his contract but even still, considering the goals he scored for us, that was a huge bargain for them (although I don't think he did that well at them).

Think of guys like Crawford, Brewster, Skerla, Kozma, Nicholson, Wilson, Rossi, De Vries, Shields, Bamba, Thomson, Petrie, Cardle, Westwater, Tod and others who all left the club. Mental how none of them went for more than McNamara (although to be fair some of them left after their contract finished so no fee was due).

17 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

And yet conned Celtic for £100k for PJ Crossan

54 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Experience tells me whats reported as a £2m fee is almost certainly considerably less, at least in terms of guaranteed initial cash up front. Its almost certainly partially based on appearances, and perhaps international progress. You'll continue to get payments as it goes though.

30 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Is it not up to the age of 23? Transfermarkt has Raith and Dunfermline both getting £10k each out of it.

IMG_4302.png

It is, sorry. Or to be more accurate, what I said was correct for training compensation but thats not what this is. Training compensation applies when a player u23 leaves under freedom of contract. This is as you correctly say, Solidarity Contribution, and that does apply to 23 so yes you'll get an element of that too.

52 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Scandalous. Thistle released him and still get a cut, should be us and the cabbage and that’s it 🤣.

How does these types of transfers work. So we’ve agreed a % with Hibs when Nisbet moved from us. The fee is undisclosed. Do legal teams from us and Hibs have to get in touch with each other so that we get sight of the official transfer documents, just to make sure he cost Millwall £2.5M and not £3.5M?

Its likely Dunfermline have been party to the agreement before it was signed given the percentage of the fee. I would imagine the've had sight of the documentation. 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

39 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Think of guys like Crawford, Brewster, Skerla, Kozma, Nicholson, Wilson, Rossi, De Vries, Shields, Bamba, Thomson, Petrie, Cardle, Westwater, Tod and others who all left the club. Mental how none of them went for more than McNamara (although to be fair some of them left after their contract finished so no fee was due).

Shields went for about the same I thought (not far off £600k?). Crawford might have been a big sale for us had we not got into financial difficulties at the time he left; think he went to Plymouth for free just so we could get his 5k a week wages off the books. Of we'd stayed up and De Vries stayed I think we'd have got a lot for him. Tod I think went to Bradford for about 50k? Rossi is the big mystery. If he'd been able to screw the nut and play regularly for us we'd have had a major windfall I reckon. Away Down South or to Celtic for 7 figures probably. Skerla I think we saw the best off, had we sold him at his peak we might have made a lot but I can't remember any club ever being linked with him?

25 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Experience tells me whats reported as a £2m fee is almost certainly considerably less, at least in terms of guaranteed initial cash up front. Its almost certainly partially based on appearances, and perhaps international progress. You'll continue to get payments as it goes though.

I think it said over 2 million plus add ons, so I was taking it as just the 2 million as an up front fee. Happy to take anything tbh.