Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Just now, CallumPar said:

But it’s the exact same scenario. Player was under 23, but out of contract, so we agreed compensation and a sell on % to bring them here. There’s no difference at all.

There absolutely is? 

If he's moved under freedom of contract the compensation fee, and solidarity payments will be a pre determined calculation. You can use this calculator here to give an idea of what is due. For example if Kevin Nisbet had moved for 2 million then Partick would be due 40,000.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/solidarityFeeCalculator/index#:~:text=The solidarity contribution is due,the expiry of his contract.

What some clubs do, and what we done with Rangers was pay a lower compensation fee in exchange for a higher future %. That's a transfer agreement between the clubs though, not a player moving under freedom of contract. 

I suspect the wording is just a bite shite, and we'll have come to an agreement with Dundee, I was just looking too deeply into the wording. 

3 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Sam Fisher signs!

Good signing. IMO. Liked the look of him in the few appearances I saw him, raw class, with potential. 

All the best Sam, f**k these DAB's next season.

Thank you.

8 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Good signing. IMO. Liked the look of him in the few appearances I saw him, raw class, with potential. 

Thank you.

Yep, I’m pleased with this. He did well for us last season. Ok, that was at a lower level, but he fitted in well and the manager obviously knows him well. He’s young and needs regular first team football to progress. Looking forward to seeing how he gets on in the championship.

Hopefully he can prove himself and make both us and Dundee some money in the future.

Just now, CallumPar said:

Yep, I’m pleased with this. He did well for us last season. Ok, that was at a lower level, but he fitted in well and the manager obviously knows him well. He’s young and needs regular first team football to progress. Looking forward to seeing how he gets on in the championship.

Hopefully he can prove himself and make both us and Dundee some money in the future.

Yeah same, great work from McPake.

30 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thank you.

Get in McMullans ear, cheers. 

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Whys Otoo no been announced ffs 😂😂

Exactly! The papers all but confirmed it, he’s been spotted doing pre-season and accidentally mentioned in McPake’s interview RE Fisher, not like he’s a big marquee signing and they’re waiting until Friday and a kit announcement.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Think Otoo has been signed, compensation agreed with Celtic and registered with the SFA and we’ve completely forgotten to arrange press for it.   Perhaps he was too tired after yesterday’s session? Seems to be a bit weird.

He actually did his press interviews on Monday, same with Fisher. I’m pleased with the signing, I just don’t understand why the big delay in announcing. Particularly when he’s appeared in pre-season photos, it’s been widely reported online and they’ve released an interview with the manager, that talks about him having signed.

Otoo was announced to the press/interviewed before Fisher. So I assumed he would be the first ‘unveiled’.

I reckon we’ll get Otoo announced today and maybe another signing announced tomorrow, before Friday’s kit reveal.

I imagine we’ll announce Otoo today, then potentially a new signing tomorrow and maybe one on Friday in the new kit. Happy we’ve kept that team together as the spirit seems important, but need some fresh blood as well with more quality. To think that the likely next announcement after Otoo is likely to be Paul McGowan if he proves his fitness, so another from last season. 

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

The Otoo announcement is going to be quite anticlimactic.

Just wait until he's revealed holding James Forrest and giving a piggyback to Morelos 

East End Tales season review of 22/23 is finally here, thanks to some rainfall and squeegy work last night!
Join us to take a look back on what was a record breaking season one last time before the work really kicks in for the new campaign.

Who won our PoTY award?
We announce the winner of the inaugural "Craig Wighton" award.
And we take a laugh at Falkirk!
https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/13076592

Again. thanks to everyone who has listened the past year. It's been brilliant chatting to lads such as Andy Smith, Craig Brewster, Callum Morris etc and I sincerely hope we can keep bringing out content like we have. Some lads are very difficult to get responses from or are too busy which is fair enough, but will keep trying to bring a fresh interview each month next season. 

46 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

East End Tales season review of 22/23 is finally here, thanks to some rainfall and squeegy work last night!
Join us to take a look back on what was a record breaking season one last time before the work really kicks in for the new campaign.

Who won our PoTY award?
We announce the winner of the inaugural "Craig Wighton" award.
And we take a laugh at Falkirk!
https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/13076592

Again. thanks to everyone who has listened the past year. It's been brilliant chatting to lads such as Andy Smith, Craig Brewster, Callum Morris etc and I sincerely hope we can keep bringing out content like we have. Some lads are very difficult to get responses from or are too busy which is fair enough, but will keep trying to bring a fresh interview each month next season. 

Have you tried Gavin Reilly? Give him the chance to explain what all that was about. 

5 hours ago, CallumPar said:

He actually did his press interviews on Monday, same with Fisher. I’m pleased with the signing, I just don’t understand why the big delay in announcing. Particularly when he’s appeared in pre-season photos, it’s been widely reported online and they’ve released an interview with the manager, that talks about him having signed.

Otoo was announced to the press/interviewed before Fisher. So I assumed he would be the first ‘unveiled’.

I reckon we’ll get Otoo announced today and maybe another signing announced tomorrow, before Friday’s kit reveal.

Maybe there’s an agreement with Celtic about how it’s to be announced, and their media team are a bit preoccupied with the return of the “rat” (copyright Green Brigade etc).

Wouldn’t surprise me either that the photos with Otoo in it from pre season was a wee sneaky snider on purpose “by accident”.   Was a tremendous spot though.