Walking Down The Halbeath Road

36 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Can't remember the last trialist we had that we ended up signing.

Joe Cardle in 2015 was probably the last good signing, in terms of players we’ve had on trial. Happy to be proven wrong, but he’s the only player I remember seeing as a trialist (away to East Fife I think?) that turned out to be a very good signing.

Of course, the fact Johnston decided he needed to come in on trial before getting a contract was baffling.

52 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Can't remember the last trialist we had that we ended up signing. Can remember we played Alloa in 2016 and had Josh Todd and Mark Beck as trialists

Beck scored and we should have signed Todd.

Cardle appeared as a trialist second time around I’m sure. 

Gowser signed for Derry during the week so it’s not him.

BTW, is anyone watching on Pars TV.  Seriously it’s a mess, up and down, missed another goal.   Why does the club stick with Brian, he’s absolutely clueless.  Last season and the 2 friendlies so far are an utter mess.  The season before they started looking like they were getting their act together then it went backwards again.  And god help if you complain he just gives you a mouthful as if you should be lucky you’re getting anything.  I pay decent money to see a game not the mess he puts out.

C’mon board get rid of this schyster.

1 minute ago, Parboiled. said:

BTW, is anyone watching on Pars TV.  Seriously it’s a mess, up and down, missed another goal.   Why does the club stick with Brian, he’s absolutely clueless.  Last season and the 2 friendlies so far are an utter mess.  The season before they started looking like they were getting their act together then it went backwards again.  And god help if you complain he just gives you a mouthful as if you should be lucky you’re getting anything.  I pay decent money to see a game not the mess he puts out.

Wasn't it Paul McMullan who signed for Derry City?

2 minutes ago, Parboiled. said:

Pars twitter outright referred to McGowan (by accident I presume) right before the goal, so I'm fairly sure it's him.

1 minute ago, Parboiled. said:

No he didn’t. Are you maybe thinking of McMullan?

Agree with the rest of your post. It’s a shambles that ParsTV. A good few things at our club are absolute tinpot. 

Even if McGowan signs we’re still shorter than the squad we finished with last season. Mochrie back at Dundee Utd, Todorov, O’Hara and McDonald all gone. I think we’ll see some new faces soon but I feel like that initial excitement has gone a bit, some of the people I thought we might be linked with have gone elsewhere (McMullan) and it would seem Shaun Byrne is well in Dundee’s plans with their new manager.

A bigger concern for me at the moment would be Bene, KRH and Matty Todd missing out. Hopefully McPake mentions it during his post match. I know Todd had a procedure on his nose so I’m sure that’s just keeping him out of games but not sure about the other two.

Edited by The Toun Clock

Could pretty much copy and paste from last season in terms of signings and squad size. Sure we could easily pack the squad with filler but we will be aiming high and McPake has to be the most successful guy in recent times in terms of good signings to dud ratio. 

30 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Could pretty much copy and paste from last season in terms of signings and squad size. Sure we could easily pack the squad with filler but we will be aiming high and McPake has to be the most successful guy in recent times in terms of good signings to dud ratio. 

Hardly any of his signings have looked inspiring on paper beforehand and turned into some team.

I compare that with AJs recruitment in Summer 2018 when just about every signing had me filling my drawers. Ended up staying up by 3 points.