Walking Down The Halbeath Road

12 hours ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:

Can’t even hate the c***s, just an irritant like the ginger stepchild 

I like the derby with Raith tbf, I don't hate them but that's not a bad thing. Just decent Fife c***s by and large. 

2 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

I like the derby with Raith tbf, I don't hate them but that's not a bad thing. Just decent Fife c***s by and large. 

Yeah, hate is such a strong word, definitely not wasting any hatred on them.

I have a wee chuckle to myself if they lose & it makes us getting beat a wee bit easier to take when they lose as well, probably because I know so many Rovers fans.

However, I do think quite a lot of their fans really despise us. Which is fine, I suppose.

Is this what we’ve got to look forward to this season? Falkirk fans were a good laugh. Their fans were deluded and we all got to laugh at their nonsense. I’ll miss the build up/aftermath of those games on here, that was fun last season.

However, I don’t think any of them were weird enough to use the term “the enemy team”. It’s going to be a very long season if that’s the standard of chat we get from Rovers fans!

Saturday’s a funny one. If we lose, the remaining 3 games basically become friendlies, as we have no chance of progressing. Even a draw leaves both teams with very little chance of getting through to the next round. Think I’d have preferred this game to be last, as it really should be between us for 2nd place in the group and potentially a spot in the second round.

17 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Agree with this. It’s a pretty friendly rivalry. In my experience, a lot of Rovers fans are decent people and can have decent conversations with them about the game/both teams. There’s a lot more dislike in the Falkirk rivalry and those games always seem to bring out a greater number of idiots in both supports.

But, ultimately, I would never have ‘hate’ for anyone because of their links to Falkirk/Rovers. Some of the Falkirk fans were alright on here last season and there seems to be a decent bunch of Rovers fans too. At our level, our clubs definitely need these rivalries/derbies. I’ll miss them next season, when we’re back in the top flight and we never see these diddies again - other than the odd cup game.

32 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Yeah, hate is such a strong word, definitely not wasting any hatred on them.

I have a wee chuckle to myself if they lose & it makes us getting beat a wee bit easier to take when they lose as well, probably because I know so many Rovers fans.

However, I do think quite a lot of their fans really despise us. Which is fine, I suppose.

This seems accurate and I genuinely have no idea why. I think both sides perform better on the whole when they're competing against each other. The derby is usually a well fought game and to be fair, was badly missed last season in the Championship. I think we all laugh when the other side loses a game though, especially when its an unexpected loss. 

8 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

This seems accurate and I genuinely have no idea why. I think both sides perform better on the whole when they're competing against each other. The derby is usually a well fought game and to be fair, was badly missed last season in the Championship. I think we all laugh when the other side loses a game though, especially when its an unexpected loss. 

Aye, games like the Hamilton one start of last season make me chuckle. 

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Aye, games like the Hamilton one start of last season make me chuckle. 

Losing a 4 goal lead made me do more than chuckle to be fair but yes, shit like that is always good ammo for the other sides. 😂

49 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Is this what we’ve got to look forward to this season? Falkirk fans were a good laugh. Their fans were deluded and we all got to laugh at their nonsense. I’ll miss the build up/aftermath of those games on here, that was fun last season.

However, I don’t think any of them were weird enough to use the term “the enemy team”. It’s going to be a very long season if that’s the standard of chat we get from Rovers fans!

On there thread they'd refer to us as scum quite allot, that was weird. 

Aye, hate is a bit extreme. There's far too many folk who try to one up footballing rivalries in stuff like that. Over the last couple of seasons there's been kids in our support who'll try to sing shit about Norrie in a pathetic attempt to make it more edgy. 

We're two local football teams at a similar level with fans who love the daft nature of it. It's a trite answer but I'd far rather speak to most Pars fans than any of the folk who follow either of the Old Firm or English teams. You'll get absolute gimps in both supports who will no doubt go to the oddball extremes like not wearing the colours of their rivals away from football (I think Shaughan put it once on a terrace podcast that "just because the Pars play in black and white doesn't mean I hate Zebras") but by and large you can pay them on the head and ignore them.

Edited by Broken Algorithms

I don't want to see Raith do well but my feelings towards them compared to Falkirk are different. Falkirk fans hate us and for the most part the feeling is mutual. There's a few on here that are decent but for the whole they can be an unlikable bunch and it's not just Dunfermline fans opinions. For Raith I enjoy the derbies, yes the build up and immediate fall out after the game can be good but for the next seven/eight weeks until we play them again I'm not that bothered. Much prefer a Saturday away fixture to Raith than going to Gangemouth.

On another note, must be McGowan's last chance tonight to earn a deal. Surprised he's not been offered one by now given his relationship with McPake but I suppose that shows he's not just throwing a deal at him and doing his due diligence over it.

43 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I don't want to see Raith do well but my feelings towards them compared to Falkirk are different. Falkirk fans hate us and for the most part the feeling is mutual. There's a few on here that are decent but for the whole they can be an unlikable bunch and it's not just Dunfermline fans opinions. For Raith I enjoy the derbies, yes the build up and immediate fall out after the game can be good but for the next seven/eight weeks until we play them again I'm not that bothered. Much prefer a Saturday away fixture to Raith than going to Gangemouth.

On another note, must be McGowan's last chance tonight to earn a deal. Surprised he's not been offered one by now given his relationship with McPake but I suppose that shows he's not just throwing a deal at him and doing his due diligence over it.

Agree with all of that.  There’s just something distasteful about the Falkirk rivalry that has to go one step further.  The whole Norrie/Dean Shiels and then retaliation stuff you hear and see is gutter stuff.   Never really had that with Raith fans that i know, it’s a rivalry but at least I feel there can be a laugh there without getting too bitter.

As for McGowan, maybe McPake is waiting on news on someone elsewhere first before committing? Only reason I can think of not signing him yet.