Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

We just need a falkingham style  'tackle' in the opening seconds of the derby and we'll be fine for content to talk about.  Hamilton is out for us tho so we don't really have a contender to put forward,  do rovers?

Not really. We've got maybe two proper combative players in the squad but they're both injured. 

I think the most predictable flashpoint, if you want to call it that, is that over five games this season, it's almost inevitable that you'll win a penalty against us, and Bene will either get to bend it right up us, or he'll miss embarrassingly. 

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Not really. We've got maybe two proper combative players in the squad but they're both injured. 

I think the most predictable flashpoint, if you want to call it that, is that over five games this season, it's almost inevitable that you'll win a penalty against us, and Bene will either get to bend it right up us, or he'll miss embarrassingly. 

How did it end with Bene, bad terms?

I think after a miss last season he passed on responsibility to Craig Wighton so might not see the big man put one in the corner.

Edited by The Toun Clock

Enjoyed McPake’s last couple of interviews. He hasn’t mellowed over summer. Got a bit spiky when asked about the squad to face Alloa then had to dampen Burty’s enthusiasm about tonight being a “massive” game. Really looking forward to seeing which manager(s) become his voodoo doll this year. 

Just now, The Toun Clock said:

Well he plays for you, so... 

(Not really. I think he probably left on about as good terms as would be possible for a Rovers captain going directly to the Pars (or vice versa) but that's not going to stop folk giving him pelters tomorrow. And knowing Bene, he'll lap it up. He's a Dunfermline player now, and he'll rightly be going hell for leather. I don't see him as a 'refuse to celebrate against my old club' kind of guy.) 

Just now, The Toun Clock said:

I don't think so. He'll get stick as an ex player but it seemed like the right time for both parties to move on. Nobody was particularly gutted that he's left, and he'll benefit from people looking back now that he's done a stellar job at Dunfermline. 

30 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

We just need a falkingham style  'tackle' in the opening seconds of the derby and we'll be fine for content to talk about.  Hamilton is out for us tho so we don't really have a contender to put forward,  do rovers?

Lewis “Terry” McCann will straighten out a few folk this season. The boy must live in the gym.

Viaplay one upping Sky by depicting players that are still Dunfermline players.

Had it been Sky covering this game would have undoubtedly been pictures of Joe Cardle, Andy Kirk and Shaun Byrne.

2 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

He’s not penalty taker anymore, or wasn’t towards the end of last season. Although, Wighton missed one the other week, so might be back to Bene.

11 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I'm just not "getting" this game yet? What is wrong with me?

Nothing at all, I'm sure come kick off I'll be keen for it but these group stage games are always kinda low key. The only one I remember being genuinely hyped for was the away game at Tynecastle when we knocked out Ian Cathro's Hearts.

The 4 league fixtures I'm sure will have a great atmosphere and build up, but today was never quite going to hit that mark.