Walking Down The Halbeath Road

29 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

The club website is absolute garbage with no real sign of it getting sorted. At this time of the year it's not great.

Yeah. Can’t disagree, was complaining about it earlier in the week/last week. Functionality is awful. They seem to have launched a ‘work in progress’ and the progress is horrendously slow.

6 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

McPake saying he has absolutely no knowledge of the Wotherspoon rumour in the courier...

That’s always going to be the ‘official’ line until/unless he actually signs. 

More I think about it the more obvious it is that there's something to it and McPake is just playing dumb. Why on earth would David Wotherspoon take in Dunfermline Vs Annan on a Tuesday night unless he was in talks with the club?

9 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

More I think about it the more obvious it is that there's something to it and McPake is just playing dumb. Why on earth would David Wotherspoon take in Dunfermline Vs Annan on a Tuesday night unless he was in talks with the club?

He wanted to see Matty Todd in the flesh.

Is it really that hard to understand?

9 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

🎵You're only here to see Dunfermline 🎵

2 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I don’t see what McPake or us get out of it by saying what he said. If it’s almost a done deal just say “good player or something like that”. If you basically say there’s nothing there then it might alert someone else to tempt.

If this is a ploy(which isn't confirmed) then I guess the angle is aimed at telling the player/agent that we aren't completely desperate to sign them and if you drop the demand for a private parking space and a gold painted locker then we may accept you.   It's also a way of asking journalists to not make targets public before you've given the get go.

As it is,  mcpake doesn't do any negotiating, he only makes recommendations and therefore any talk from him over signings needs a bigger pinch of salt than normal IMO.  

1 minute ago, Heaton said:

Maybe today is the day? ✒️ but I won't hold my breath.

Also fingers crossed the news on Matty isn't too bad 🤞

I’m hoping we announce someone today. Even if it’s McGowan - although, I believe the board aren’t keen on approving that one.

Really want Matty to be ok. Another 2 weeks until the league campaign starts and if he can be fit for that, that would be excellent.

2 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

No wonder the club are in no hurry to complete the squad. They think we have another 8 and a half months of pre-season

IMG_6184.jpeg

No rush at all then!

It's a weird one with McGowan. On one hand I think he done quite well in pre-season, and probably merited a deal. Yet, the board not signing it off maybe because they think we could do something better for the club is pleasing to hear. I'd personally give Gowser the deal, I think he'd feature, can take control of games and dictate play a bit, he's streetwise and probably has a knack of winning fouls when trying to kill a game off. We've quite a young squad, that kinda thing will be welcome in the Championship.

Cmon Friday, give us three wins, a Wotherspoon signing, a McGowan signing and a positive Matty Todd injury update.

4 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

It's a weird one with McGowan. On one hand I think he done quite well in pre-season, and probably merited a deal. Yet, the board not signing it off maybe because they think we could do something better for the club is pleasing to hear. I'd personally give Gowser the deal, I think he'd feature, can take control of games and dictate play a bit, he's streetwise and probably has a knack of winning fouls when trying to kill a game off. We've quite a young squad, that kinda thing will be welcome in the Championship.

Cmon Friday, give us three wins, a Wotherspoon signing, a McGowan signing and a positive Matty Todd injury update.

It's a yes from me.