Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Obviously disappointing for Mehmet and you lads to lose your first choice but I'm delighted for Sharp. Will get first team experience at a bigger club than I really envisioned him getting a start for this season and it will really be time to see if he has a future at Dundee as he is now 4th in our pecking order. At 22 years old, he'll be getting some great experience and he is highly rated as I've said before having been in around our first team at times, recently signing a new 2 year deal and being in and around the Scotland U21 squad.

Previously said his distribution was a weak point, but he featured for our B team last night (thus cup tying him for you lads in the Challenge Cup?) and he was responsible for a few of our goals with some mammoth kicks causing chaos in the Buckie backline:

All the best and I hope he keeps a clean sheet against the DABs!

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Obviously disappointing for Mehmet and you lads to lose your first choice but I'm delighted for Sharp. Will get first team experience at a bigger club than I really envisioned him getting a start for this season and it will really be time to see if he has a future at Dundee as he is now 4th in our pecking order. At 22 years old, he'll be getting some great experience and he is highly rated as I've said before having been in around our first team at times, recently signing a new 2 year deal and being in and around the Scotland U21 squad.

Previously said his distribution was a weak point, but he featured for our B team last night (thus cup tying him for you lads in the Challenge Cup?) and he was responsible for a few of our goals with some mammoth kicks causing chaos in the Buckie backline:

Aye hopefully he's instructed to stick it on top of Sinclair-Hutton from the start.

What a shitter of a pre season we have had. Sharp might be a decent signing but it’s hardly what you are needing. Arguably our best player, best winger, and now our main goalie all out injured. A horror scenario.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Every cloud and all that. Mehmet earned that number 1 shirt and it’s a shame he’s out, when he was in the form of his life. Hopefully this guy can come in and prove that he’s a great keeper.

That’s some distance on his kicking. Might have to put 50p on Sharp to score away to Arbroath!

38 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Aye he'll be cup tied for the Challenge Cup game(s) so we'll need to play a youth keeper if Little is off.

Partick announce 2 new faces 

Morton add one 

Ayr about to announce a signing. 

Meanwhile we sign a keeper on loan because  our first choice got injured. 

Something is no right, either our board are as tight as a ducks backside or McPake has no appeal. 

frustrating as fxxk

Edited by obiwanyouknowme

13 minutes ago, obiwanyouknowme said:

Morton add one 

Something is no right, either our board are as tight as a ducks backside or McPake has no appeal. 

frustrating as fxxk

Too many folk involved in the transfers on our side in my eyes. Squad is paper thin and still no signings before season starts on Saturday worrying times I think

Raith, Inverness, Partick & you lads battling it out with a couple of Irish teams for Shaun Byrne. Can't see him heading to Ireland or Inverness with his family situation.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/4610242/dundee-shaun-byrne-wanted-raith-rovers-dunfermline/

32 minutes ago, obiwanyouknowme said:

Morton add one 

frustrating as fxxk

What players have the club been tracking? Which of them have the club offered contracts to?

15 minutes ago, SRB said:

Too many folk involved in the transfers on our side in my eyes. Squad is paper thin and still no signings before season starts on Saturday worrying times I think

I get that the board want a say in how we spend our money, as they got their fingers burned with Grant and Yogi.

The few signings we have made have been good ones but it does seem to be a slow process that leaves us needing numerous players late on. It worked out last year but we were lucky with injuries last year and the quality of opponent wasn't as good.

I have a real fear that we might get punished this time. 3 key players out and no sign of any players coming in. If Wotherspoon turns us down (i'm guessing he was the close signing two weeks ago?), where do we go from there? Back to where we were 3 weeks ago.

Having listened to our recruitment process, it sounds like something Man Utd would have in place for signing 70 million quid targets.

36 minutes ago, obiwanyouknowme said:

Morton add one 

frustrating as fxxk

Mcpakes class.

1 minute ago, Chubbychops said:

I get that the board want a say in how we spend our money, as they got their fingers burned with Grant and Yogi.

The few signings we have made have been good ones but it does seem to be a slow process that leaves us needing numerous players late on. It worked out last year but we were lucky with injuries last year and the quality of opponent wasn't as good.

I have a real fear that we might get punished this time. 3 key players out and no sign of any players coming in. If Wotherspoon turns us down (i'm guessing he was the close signing two weeks ago?), where do we go from there? Back to where we were 3 weeks ago.

Having listened to our recruitment process, it sounds like something Man Utd would have in place for signing 70 million quid targets.

It seems over complicated from that courier article. They said they wanted to do business early but like last season have left it late again.

I fear will be in relegation fight again this season and they will only have themselves to blame.

this quality over quantity line is wearing thin with the fans. Have to take a risk at some point on a player.

teams around us strengthen with overseas and players from down south and we don’t, what’s the point in a German connection if we can’t benefit from the players over there.