Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Allan looks like he spent the summer bench pressing small cars. Him and that new keeper are units.

Wotherspoon would spend half the season pissing off around the world to play the Turks and Caicos, Isle of Wight etc anyway. 

2 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Confirms my suspicions that whoever set up that page is at it. 

Of course they are, absolutely nobody with the inside knowledge of what’s happening with transfers is spending their time making public statements in the manner these self-indulgent rumour pages do.

41 minutes ago, Andriy_Parmolenko said:

Wouldn't happen to be the same people peddling stuff like Fletcher would it?

No idea, the Fletcher one sounded a bit wild from the off. 

Whereas getting a promising youngster on loan who has one year? Left on his contract sounds like exactly what we'd do. 

3 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Whereas getting a promising youngster on loan who has one year? Left on his contract sounds like exactly what we'd do. 

Fair point. Think I've seen enough from that Transfer Scot/Jock McTeckle pages to know not to trust a word that comes from them at this stage, so if they happen to be the source then I'll stay reasonably unconvinced until proven otherwise. 

For what it's worth, I do think that'd be an encouraging coup. I was under the impression Hearts wanted to keep him around though (based on other unsubstantiated rumours a couple weeks ago).

27 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Given the main reason Fletcher left us was that he didn't want to play in the Scottish Championship, it seems unlikely he'll end up at Dunfermline. Still, I've been wrong before

Think the Smith one came up this time last year too. Local lad and brother of a former player so an obvious link. 

Fletcher may not have wanted to drop down to this level but of nobody wants to take a punt on him in the Premiership and it's between say us, Morton and Darvel then I'd day we are an attractive option. 

Loans have turned out quite well for us before but getting a decent loanee in that can tear it up in League One is a different proposition  to getting someone who can do the same in the Championship, even more so now the bench can be so deep.

13 hours ago, par-adise said:

Confirms my suspicions that whoever set up that page is at it. 

Fairly sure they simply lift rumours of this site.