Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

Moffat and Jak start for the reserves, minutes in the legs. 

Good stuff, also promising that Moffat doesn't appear to be injured. Saw Summers came on as a late sub for the Scotland under 21s too.

Jakubiak was taken off at half time with the game goalless although he did hit the post apparently. We went on to lose 4-1 with a very young team, as expected. McLeod (I think? The boy who came on at Tannadice) set up the chance that hit the post so he might be the next cab off the rank. John Tod played too.

8 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Wonder if we were in for Darren Lyon or Anton Dowds. Should have been anyway.

I laughed at first, then I remember a lot of your previous posts - and I’m realising you might be serious…?

On a side note, why the hell are Partick loaning a striker to another championship club?  We’ve all seen that movie a couple of times!!

8 hours ago, parsboi said:

I laughed at first, then I remember a lot of your previous posts - and I’m realising you might be serious…?

On a side note, why the hell are Partick loaning a striker to another championship club?  We’ve all seen that movie a couple of times!!

Squads piss thin mate, every name I've mentioned over the Summer would improve it.

9 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Squads piss thin mate, every name I've mentioned over the Summer would improve it.

Rob man - You’ve come away with some belters this window.  I’ll take just one - with respect to the guy, Darren Lyons, a 28 year old midfielder playing part time in his last gig in league 1 for Kelty who finished lower-mid table certainly wouldn’t improve our midfield.  He’s done well to get in at Arbroath and I hope he does well there.  But come on. 😂

36 minutes ago, parsboi said:

Rob man - You’ve come away with some belters this window.  I’ll take just one - with respect to the guy, Darren Lyons, a 28 year old midfielder playing part time in his last gig in league 1 for Kelty who finished lower-mid table certainly wouldn’t improve our midfield.  He’s done well to get in at Arbroath and I hope he does well there.  But come on. 😂

I'd rather have him to bring off the bench than Liam Hoggan or Ethan Mcleod man. Goal at East End last season was a belter.

53 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Got MOTM in 2nd game at East End as well I seen.

In league 1 aye.  

Everyone fully fit he struggles to get on our bench.  Why waste a full time wage on someone like that ego at his age is unlikely to get better?

13 hours ago, parsboi said:

We won a fucking Oscar for that one!

KRH needing knee surgery. Bene’s in a moon boot. Breen’s damaged a ligament. Added to Todd and Mehmet’s existing injuries, our injury situation is just a nightmare just now. Seems to be no such thing as a wee niggle this season.

Hopefully we can cope well enough in the absence of so many crucial players. Think with the injuries at CB, we have to be looking to switch to a back 4, with Hamilton in defensive mid in front of them.

Think Otoo is fine playing CB if it's the left of a back three but really got my doubts about him playing in a back four. 

Guessing we will go 4-2-3-1 tomorrow.

-------------    Sharp----------

Comrie----Fisher---Otoo-----Edwards

---------Hamilton---Chalmers--------

Moffat--------Summers--------McCann

--------------Wighton----------------

Bench-

Little, Fenton, Allan, O'Halloran, Jakubiak, A Tod, T Sutherland

10 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

MOH ahead of Moffat and Jakubiak ahead of Wighton for me, Clive.

MOH has offered zero so far, Moffat at least looked liked doing something against Inverness when he had the wonder run. Early days but that's turning out to be a proper dud of a signing.

Agree Jakubiak should start if he's fit.

8 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

MOH has offered zero so far, Moffat at least looked liked doing something against Inverness when he had the wonder run. Early days but that's turning out to be a proper dud of a signing.

Agree Jakubiak should start if he's fit.

Yeah, left Jakubiak out due to thinking he wasn't ready to start. O'Halloran has been very poor from what I've seen. Apparently was the same for the 9 games games played for Cove Rangers last season.