Walking Down The Halbeath Road

After Raith stated they were on a budget, they then let Ross go on loan because they weren't on budget. 

I reckon if you asked Raith fans a few years ago what the reason behind Keltys success was they'd answer "They spend more on players than those around them" I highly doubt they'd have answered that Barry Ferguson was a tactical genius. 

Now that MacKenzie is at Raith though there's absolutely no doubt that a budget is behind adhered too and John Potter is convincing players to sign on amateur contracts. 

However they also can't help but have a dig at Dunfermline for not signing Byrne and Wotherspoon? Football fans eh. 

I finished your post for you raith1974. No need to thank me, I’m always willing to help the hard of thinking 

Seriously have a look at your own club before commiting on our finances. It'd been stated we are on budget for the season, but your club won't refund ticket money from the Arbroath game and couldn't afford Wotherspoon. And ma dad is bigger than yours, and ma mum has mair tattoos than your mum, and most of the spelling is correct on them too. 

Edited by Wacky

Regarding derby tickets, I think we had this discussion when their prices were announced. Unfortunately, clubs can charge what they want. I’ve been arguing that we should be capping away ticket prices in Scotland for a while. They’re charging their own fans the same amount and everyone can make their own decision, whether they’re willing to pay that price or not.

Raith are far from the only team that increase prices when they play against big clubs. Although it’s a slap in the face for match-going fans, it’s a bit of a compliment to the club/fanbase that they obviously see us as a big club. I’m not a fan of tiered pricing, but it’s pretty common in football these days.

29 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Think it as mentioned on here already but that SRJ billboard on Halbeath Rd is a thing of beauty. Bound to cause traffic jams though.

Poor positioning imo anyone who is rightly aroused by it needs to be careful as it's so close to the police station and courts.

To be honest, I've no issue with clubs categorising games and increasing prices when it is expected there will be more demand. The fact that we had our biggest attendance in 10 years against Dundee United a couple of weeks ago confirms that it hasn't dampened demand and if it creates more revenue for the club then struggling to see the down side.

Pretty much every other form of entertainment tiers prices according to demand so not sure why football should be any different.

Just now, Double Jack D said:

To be honest, I've no issue with clubs categorising games and increasing prices when it is expected there will be more demand. The fact that we had our biggest attendance in 10 years against Dundee United a couple of weeks ago confirms that it hasn't dampened demand and if it creates more revenue for the club then struggling to see the down side.

Pretty much every other form of entertainment tiers prices according to demand so not sure why football should be any different.

A Raith fan backs a Raith ticket policy. Well I never.....