Walking Down The Halbeath Road

22 hours ago, Stoo61 said:

Is Cappielow still in the potato production business?

I dont think a wintery night game at The Somme is the time to bring the Young Princes back. 

The pitch at Cappielow has definitely improved in recent seasons, although two games in 72 hours, with a lot of rain in between, might mean it's not at its best.

46 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Anyone making the journey tonight? Quite glad this fixture is on the telly. Not a game I'd be likely to go to, especially on a Friday night, finish at 5:30 then trying to get to the other side of Glasgow.

Nah, I’m settling for watching on tv. Hopefully we get back to winning ways. Not even fussed about the performance, just want to win.

54 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Nah, I’m settling for watching on tv. Hopefully we get back to winning ways. Not even fussed about the performance, just want to win.

Agreed, 3 points is all that matters. Would take a good showing with it, but it's not essential. Not in our situation.

On 02/11/2023 at 09:39, Stoo61 said:

Is Cappielow still in the potato production business?

I dont think a wintery night game at The Somme is the time to bring the Young Princes back. 

Pitch was the best I’d seen for a while on Tuesday night, meaning we were able to play some of our silky soccer. Morton on the other hand don’t use it to their advantage and forget they have midfielders.

Largely dry forecast for Greenock today means it should be ok for tonight’s match. 

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Aye I'm the same, I'll take a win, any win. Very pessimistic but depending in the team lineup I'd maybe take a draw, just to stop the losing run given we'll be without Bene, Breen, possibly Summers too. I can't see KRH and Matty getting any more than 15 mins, however I suppose it could be enough energy to change something if it's close late on.

Edited by The Toun Clock

26 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Could you all see the game ok? Was there any singing or chanting going on?

Yeh they had 2 bigger screens and 2 slightly smaller ones. Only criticism would be the sound on the Comms could have been better.

It was lively enough as watching football in a pub goes. Especially as the night wore on.

20 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Agreed, 3 points is all that matters. Would take a good showing with it, but it's not essential. Not in our situation.

I want to pick apart some of the performance last night but I won't after that post.

Great 3 points after all that pressure 2nd half. 

Free Saturday being used to go to Essen where they've already got the Gluhwein stands open. 

12 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I want to pick apart some of the performance last night but I won't after that post.

Great 3 points after all that pressure 2nd half. 

Free Saturday being used to go to Essen where they've already got the Gluhwein stands open. 

No eggnog?

43 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Lucky!

I'm off to get showered in attention from a dog, worse ways to spend a Saturday.

A lot of good performances last night - particularly defensively. But just wanted to give a special mention to Paul Allan. Think he’s been really good the last 2 games. He’s got a bit of Gary Mason about him. Will always show for the ball and drop deep/move into pockets of space to make sure he’s always available. Also got a decent range of passing.

He was always the one that coaches raved about. But injuries stalled his career, while McCann and Todd progressed. Good to see him putting in some good performances recently. Hopefully he can stay fit and keep improving.

14 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

A lot of good performances last night - particularly defensively. But just wanted to give a special mention to Paul Allan. Think he’s been really good the last 2 games. He’s got a bit of Gary Mason about him. Will always show for the ball and drop deep/move into pockets of space to make sure he’s always available. Also got a decent range of passing.

He was always the one that coaches raved about. But injuries stalled his career, while McCann and Todd progressed. Good to see him putting in some good performances recently. Hopefully he can stay fit and keep improving.

Said the same to my mates yesterday, glad to see him getting game time after his injury last season.