Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Joe is up there with my favourite Pars players, but he has had his time. 

Wouldn’t be entirely against him given a coaching role with a squad place to give players recovery time in certain matches. But, yeah, whatever money there is left over could definitely be spent better IMO. 

Surprised tickets aren’t on sale yet for the cup game. I kind of assumed they’d be out by now, with ST holders (particularly NW) getting priority to get tickets for their usual seat/section. Hopefully hear something soon - and hopefully they’ll be reasonably priced.

10 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Surprised tickets aren’t on sale yet for the cup game. I kind of assumed they’d be out by now, with ST holders (particularly NW) getting priority to get tickets for their usual seat/section. Hopefully hear something soon - and hopefully they’ll be reasonably priced.

Probably trying to sort out ticket prices, Rovers will be wanting to charge £30 for kids. 

6 minutes ago, Wacky said:

This has probably been posted already, but I’m stunned that some total throbber wants the NW closed. 

https://dafc.net/forum/read.php?f=1&i=1912705&t=1912705

ok, the NW guys can let themselves down now and then, but to close the section entirely is a step too far IMO. 

While I don't want it closed, there needs to be something done before it really starts hurting the club financially. The amount of stuff thrown is fucking wild. It doesn't seem like it's being self policed which would be the ideal solution, are banning orders getting given for those for throw stuff? 

I’ve noticed at away games the stewards will search adults and older teens, but not younger kids. I seen a group of kids about 10-11 years old throwing flares at Alloa last season. There was one Pars fan that approached the lads when he seen what was about to happen, they simply ignored him and still ignited the flare and flung it onto the pitch, then bolted to the wee cow shed stand. I’m convinced these wee lads would have been taken to the game by parents or at least young adults. 
I don’t know if there’s age restrictions on searching youngsters or not, but I think the stewards are searching the wrong people. 

23 minutes ago, Wacky said:

This has probably been posted already, but I’m stunned that some total throbber wants the NW closed. 

https://dafc.net/forum/read.php?f=1&i=1912705&t=1912705

ok, the NW guys can let themselves down now and then, but to close the section entirely is a step too far IMO. 

Haven’t seen that thread (don’t read .net), but it can’t be surprising that somebody on there is suggesting something ridiculous? I think the club need to have a meeting with some of the NW guys and get them to understand that there needs to be a lot more self-policing within the section. Call out those who are throwing things or acting inappropriately. Let the club/stewards know who it is.

If this behaviour doesn’t stop, our policing costs will continue to rise and our reputation will be harmed. Big fan of the atmosphere these guys create and the players clearly enjoy interacting with them, which is great to see. But the smoke bombs, flares and other objects being thrown is becoming ridiculous.

The club have had several meetings with the NW guys, leaflets have been  distributed to them pleading them to stop, statements have been released, yet it still happens.  The club has even stopped all walk up sales of NW tickets, (I now can’t get in the stand at all as don’t have a season ticket) yet it still persists.  So the problem is obviously still coming from those with season tickets, not walk up fans (who’d have thought it 🫣). 

it won’t be long until the cries of a lone throbber on .net get louder and picked up by more  if this stupidity carries on.   Considering there are strong lights on that section and cameras, surely it’s easy enough to identify and ban those throwing stuff.  Club has to get a grip of this or the decision will be made for them. 

44 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

suggesting something ridiculous

7 minutes ago, parsboi said:

lone throbber on .net

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

some total throbber wants the NW closed. 

Firstly, I don't think they were being entirely serious but secondly, is it that bad a suggestion? If they are throwing stuff (there have been Pies, drinks, vapes, coins, pyros been thrown, many in the direction of players) and they've been warned, spoken to, had meetings, had searches, had increased stewarding and policing but it hasn't stopped then what else is there to do? I'm sure there would be many folk on here wanting the Green Brigade section at Parkhead closed, and I'm sure that if say Falkirk or the Rovers had a section that continually threw things at players and officials then we'd all be saying that they need the section closed and/or the club fined etc. I'd rather they self-policed that section and concentrated on generating a positive attitude but if there are seen to be no consequences to their actions then I'll just continue. 

16 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Firstly, I don't think they were being entirely serious but secondly, is it that bad a suggestion? If they are throwing stuff (there have been Pies, drinks, vapes, coins, pyros been thrown, many in the direction of players) and they've been warned, spoken to, had meetings, had searches, had increased stewarding and policing but it hasn't stopped then what else is there to do? I'm sure there would be many folk on here wanting the Green Brigade section at Parkhead closed, and I'm sure that if say Falkirk or the Rovers had a section that continually threw things at players and officials then we'd all be saying that they need the section closed and/or the club fined etc. I'd rather they self-policed that section and concentrated on generating a positive attitude but if there are seen to be no consequences to their actions then I'll just continue. 

I don’t know what sanctions or amount of money the club could be fined for this, but instead of paying potential fines why not spend the money on under cover stewards? I know some will say that these stewards could end up getting assaulted or worse, but they don’t have to show themselves, they could go to the toilet and notify other stewards who the culprits are and have them removed. 
The last thing I want, and the last thing the atmosphere needs is to close the section entirely. Also, it’s probably only a few people who throw things onto the park, why should everyone else suffer for it? You may think that self policing is the best way forward? But I doubt that fans would tell on others amongst them, it would need outsiders to identify the culprits. 

Closing the section could end up being more costly as fans could maybe demand their money back, and I doubt the club would have any choice but to hand that cash back? Also it will suck the life out EEP. 

Edited by Wacky

19 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I don’t know what sanctions or amount of money the club could be fined for this, but instead of paying potential fines why not spend the money on under cover stewards? I know some will say that these stewards could end up getting assaulted or worse, but they don’t have to show themselves, they could go to the toilet and notify other stewards who the culprits are and have them removed. 
The last thing I want, and the last thing the atmosphere needs is to close the section entirely. Also, it’s probably only a few people who throw things onto the park, why should everyone else suffer for it? You may think that self policing is the best way forward? But I doubt that fans would tell on others amongst them, it would need outsiders to identify the culprits. 

Closing the section could end up being more costly as fans could maybe demand their money back, and I doubt the club would have any choice but to hand that cash back? Also it will suck the life out EEP. 

Pretty sure they can't get their money back as there will be stuff in the terms and conditions about being moved, about tickets being removed for various offenses and the like. And the folk chucking the stuff should have thought of the consequences before chucking stuff. They want to be part of something which is great but that camaraderie and sense of belonging to something also must include collective responsibility of some sort. Part of the problem is that as soon as anyone complains about the nonsense in that section, we get folk on here and on dotnet and elsewhere trying to defend them. "They're only trying to create an atmosphere", "the players shouldn't be inciting them", "They're just young laddies, weren't you like that when you were their age" and the like. We've all been to games where stewards have been abused, folk have refused to move when asked, etc - unless you want the police to be in there lifting folk (which costs the club money and will probably antagonise folk further) then I can't see what else the club can do other than put mesh fences up like they have in Germany (if they're allowed here) - which doesn't actually fix the problem - or shutting the section down even temporarily. 

It was really noticeable in the derby earlier this season that there were objects being chucked at our players at throw ins and corners. Players are well within their rights to give stick back to fans who slaughter them. If you can't handle getting a bit back after dishing it out, and start to chuck objects, you can't be too surprised when folk start asking questions.

10 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Pretty sure they can't get their money back as there will be stuff in the terms and conditions about being moved, about tickets being removed for various offenses and the like. And the folk chucking the stuff should have thought of the consequences before chucking stuff. They want to be part of something which is great but that camaraderie and sense of belonging to something also must include collective responsibility of some sort. Part of the problem is that as soon as anyone complains about the nonsense in that section, we get folk on here and on dotnet and elsewhere trying to defend them. "They're only trying to create an atmosphere", "the players shouldn't be inciting them", "They're just young laddies, weren't you like that when you were their age" and the like. We've all been to games where stewards have been abused, folk have refused to move when asked, etc - unless you want the police to be in there lifting folk (which costs the club money and will probably antagonise folk further) then I can't see what else the club can do other than put mesh fences up like they have in Germany (if they're allowed here) - which doesn't actually fix the problem - or shutting the section down even temporarily. 

It’s a difficult one. It would appear every plan has its flaws. 
You’re probably right about the terms and conditions of ticketing too. 
Self policing would be a great idea if it would work. That Alloa game where one big burly Pars fan tried to stop the youngster (and I’m serious when I say the laddie looked between 10-12 years old) from throwing a pyro onto the pitch and was totally ignored. If I was closer I would have put my tuppence worth in too, but the lad stepped to the side and flung it regardless, then ran off with his pals. There was other adults far closer than me to this, and they stood mute. 
You can’t grab and hold these lads in any way for fear of being arrested yourself, and things could get far worse if you put up chase. 
l wish I had the answers to stop the madness, and stop the possibility of the NW being closed, l but sadly I have to tap out here

11 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

It was really noticeable in the derby earlier this season that there were objects being chucked at our players at throw ins and corners. Players are well within their rights to give stick back to fans who slaughter them. If you can't handle getting a bit back after dishing it out, and start to chuck objects, you can't be too surprised when folk start asking questions.

Correct & there's absolutely no excuse for chucking stuff on the park....but if players run up to that kind of section & try to wind up the fans in it, in this day & age, it can't come as that much of a surprise when some wee fannies think it's acceptable to throw vapes/lighters/coins/pies at them.

Not sure what the answer is. The folk who chuck stuff on the pitch think they are genuinely untouchable & above the law. Until they get caught, they'll continue to think this & if the club get fined they won't care. If the section gets shut, they won't care (they'll just move)

13 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I’m new to P&B so could be wrong here, but I’ve never seen anything on other club threads about home fans throwing things on the park. Is this just an EEP problem? 

We instigated cursory searches at Stark's and it was primarily the teens, usually all in black, who were targeted. A friend of mine was there with his grandson and the wee fella got searched too, which caused my mate some consternation, but it was pretty much a token gesture and only played havoc with the queue times. Self policing is a grand idea but birds of a feather and all that... It would be a brave footsoldier who would clipe on others in the same section. If, as a previous post said, you have good lighting and cameras,  you should be able to ID these wee erses. We've not had them throwing stuff at Stark's (odd pyro aside) and I hope we never do, but if it's not clamped down, it'll cost you. 

11 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

. If the section gets shut, they won't care (they'll just move

The fans seem to be at home in that section, but I have to say that when they were in the top corner of the Norrie they sounded far better. The two end stands are like an amphitheater, and the sound carries across the stadium far better  IMO.