Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Just now, cb_diamond said:

A very poor result to be fair but had to have a chuckle at the Pars poster on the Twitter match thread claiming the club is at its lowest ebb since the late 60s as you sit top half of the championship. Bizarre.

Because some of their fans think they are a Premiership  side even though they are like the rest of us average Championship sides which will have some better seasons and some poorer seasons.

2 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

A very poor result to be fair but had to have a chuckle at the Pars poster on the Twitter match thread claiming the club is at its lowest ebb since the late 60s as you sit top half of the championship. Bizarre.

Haha, madness! Who was saying such utter pish?! Insane some of the pish football fans come out with. 

1 minute ago, kdypar said:

Was there no away fans at any of those games? Like it or not the best core support you can gather is 2500. That’s not sustainable for challenging unless other money is added to the fund. Be that from directors or other sources. 

But every club budgets for estimated away fans, so our average attendance is probably around 4k, our average home fans attendance is probably just short of 3k as ICT, Airdrie didn't bring a large away support. 

5 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Because some of their fans think they are a Premiership  side even though they are like the rest of us average Championship sides which will have some better seasons and some poorer seasons.

I dunno, I have to say that last season in the league 1 forum there was no Billy Big Baws attitude from the pars fans. They accepted there were there on (lack of) merit. Although it's possible if there was it was drowned out by the hordes of Grangemouth Galaticos convinced they were in the wrong league for the fifth season in a row 

These days there's always OTT reaction after a game like last night, especially on Twatter. That's fitba. Down the day after but by Tuesday folk will be predicting 3 nil victories. 

The run we're on just now, everything gets called into question. Decent performance and win on Tuesday and most of it will go away. Til the next defeat. 

Onwards 

10 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

I dunno, I have to say that last season in the league 1 forum there was no Billy Big Baws attitude from the pars fans. They accepted there were there on (lack of) merit. Although it's possible if there was it was drowned out by the hordes of Grangemouth Galaticos convinced they were in the wrong league for the fifth season in a row 

This is a thing a lot of Raith fans do. They try to make out that we're all arrogant flanges who think we're a massive club and 'deserve' to be in the Premiership.

Just now, da_no_1 said:

Substantiate

Believe it or not I've a few friends that's are Pars fans. The season you were relegated they all believed you would be promoted. I've read on here recently how you are a bigger club than Ross County, Hamilton, ICT, St Johnstone etc and how you should be in the Premiership. I'm sure there are several other clubs that could say the same the difference with my attitude is first and foremost we don't get relegated after that anything is an achievement. I could go on about the players some of your fans belive you should sign. 

The difference between our boards are you have German investors that have no interest in the first team and are clearly wanting to set up an academy to profit out of any youth. 

Our board are about improving the team on the pitch, commercial and social media activity and links within the community with schools etc.

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

The difference between our boards are you have German investors that have no interest in the first team and are clearly wanting to set up an academy to profit out of any youth. 

Our board are about improving the team on the pitch, commercial and social media activity and links within the community with schools etc.

This is true. You guys signed proven Championship and even Premiership players in the summer with a view to getting promoted. We re-signed all but three of last seasons team and some complete jobbers.

Raith signed well and signed early for a Championship title challenge. Dunfermline signed to stay in the Championship.

To be fair, I went to a supporters meeting after last season finished. McPake and McKay both said they'd probably take 7th place if it was handed to them. Getting the boys a full season of Championship football, then build on the next year. Personally I'd be okay with that too but the manner we're going about some of these defeats is embarrassing.

Last season we were resilient, hard to beat and could always find a goal even if we didn't deserve it. Everyone was fighting together, now as soon as we go a goal down the heads go down and that's it. 

28 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Arbroath did on similar. 

Arbroath are part time. 

28 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Christ. 

24 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

This was the fella. Genuinely laughed at it when I clocked it.

Screenshot_20231125-110952.png

In fairness he says it his lowest ebb, not the clubs.

Although quite why that would be is anyone's guess, last night doesn't even come close to some of the bad results I've seen, and I've been a Pars supporter for 30 years less. 

6 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Believe it or not I've a few friends 

Stopped reading there.

32 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

This is a thing a lot of Raith fans do. They try to make out that we're all arrogant flanges who think we're a massive club and 'deserve' to be in the Premiership.

The arrogant word comes up all the time, as does the big club. The vast majority of our fans are accepting of our place in the grand scheme of things, there's always a few wallopers that every single club carries. However that doesn't fit the Raith agenda that we're all Billy big baws just because we sing a song about them being wee.

31 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

What a novel approach from the Raith owners. More clubs really should try this! FFS.....

33 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Substantiate

7 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

The arrogant word comes up all the time, as does the big club. The vast majority of our fans are accepting of our place in the grand scheme of things, there's always a few wallopers that every single club carries. However that doesn't fit the Raith agenda that we're all Billy big baws just because we sing a song about them being wee.

What a novel approach from the Raith owners. More clubs really should try this! FFS.....

Substantiate

First of all you ask where we are getting our money I pointed out that off field activity had increased massively. Now you want me to substantiate your German owners commitments to your club. Again I've heard from someone in the football world thats their intentions. Nothing wrong with it, if it works and you get quality youth players coming through. They are not at your club to invest heavily in first team matters. Maybe if they stick around long enough and they make money from youth players it may change. 

29 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

First of all you ask where we are getting our money

I didn't.

29 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Again I've heard from someone in the football world

Facts right there.

30 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

They are not at your club to invest heavily in first team matters.

I'm OK with that to a point, to be fair. We've chucked money at it in the past and it didn't end well. Raiths "strategy" looks out of this world because they're winning most weeks. If and when their form dips fans will start to question everything. 

1 hour ago, Toddy said:

You're absolutely wasting your time trying to discuss anything with Pars fans. They're akin to Old Firm supporters that they get an idea in their heads and its absolute gospel, they'll continue to spout the same crap over and over despite info to the contrary. They're trying to find an excuse as to why we're better than them just now and the only one they have is the lazy rhetoric that we're chucking cash at a team who signed an 18yr old from Kirkcaldy and Dysart.

This 18 year old, with the way you've mentioned him must be a key player who's played lots of games right? I mean if he was a youth player who's not played many, if any minutes it would look very silly of you to give that signing so much relevance. 

I mean, no team who has ever had significant funding from there owner has ever signed a youth player! 

There'll be no concerns over the clubs future, Dean McKenzie left Kelty in a much better place than what he left them, but christ there were no questions about how he got them there, and it wasn't the increased attendances and commercial activities that led to the likes of Dylan Easton, Nathan Austin etc signing for the club. And dare I say it, if you had asked a Raith fan during that time why Kelty were rising through the levels and signing these players the answer wouldn't have been "Oh well they must be selling more hospitality". f**k knows why they're now trying to claim that after posting losses for years, that the slight increase in attendances has offset the off, and on the field spending. They've every right to enjoy it because as I said, I don't think there's any risk of Dean McKenzie leaving them up shit creek, but the whataboutery about their obvious increase in player budget, when they were already spending more than they could afford on players is making some posters look silly. 

The only concern I would have for the playing side is if Murray left, they consistently appointed pretty poor gaffers during their tenure at Kelty, they've came to the club with a good manager in Murray, they'll be hoping he lasts the season.