Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

A bin of a forum.

Football fans are incredibly fickle though and our fanbase is no different.

Aye, the last bit is key there. Been to games around the country and are fans are no better, nor worse when it comes to a good moan. 

24 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

dotnet is a weird place. You could say that grass is green and the sky is blue and you'll get folk steaming in to tell you you're wrong. The slightest criticism (even warranted criticism) is called "whinging" and it's full of folk who are proper head-in-the-sand happy clappers. You then get the folk who either to wind these guys up or because they are hyper negative will go on and say everything is shit; even after a 5-0 win they'd find something to moan about. 

However, the East End Bounce Forum never really took off - not sure exactly why but when I was a posting member it felt very cliquey where you had some recurring tropes that some folk seemed to think was hilarious (very much like the "#Barclays" stuff you see on here) and there never seemed to be much discussion of the game, it was more about pubs beforehand and singing sections etc which is fine, but if you want to talk about the game you have to come here to P&B or go to dotnet and hope that the likes of Socks and Raymie and a few others were at the game. There are also a few members there who admit they don't know much about football tactics and the like which makes P&B my go-to place for match reviews etc I have to say.

Doesn't seem too cold tonight but still need to wrap up warm I think as it'll get a bit colder by kick off and will be Baltic by 9.30. Need the team to give us a goal or two to warm us up. Think KRH and Todd will start then come off after an hour then we'll see how they are for Saturday. Hopefully we play with a bit more intensity and pace than Friday, where everything was slow and one-paced. Don't think it'll be a classic so any win will do tbh 

Ach, the only thing I miss about dafc.net is Socks, cracking poster. 

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

Ach, the only thing I miss about dafc.net is Socks, cracking poster. 

Totally agree with this. Anytime I’m on dafc.net to read their views on the game, I always look forward to reading socks input. With respect to other users on there, his posts always stand out from the rest. 
It’s shame he doesn’t share his views on this forum. 

Edited by Wacky

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

dotnet is a weird place. You could say that grass is green and the sky is blue and you'll get folk steaming in to tell you you're wrong. The slightest criticism (even warranted criticism) is called "whinging" and it's full of folk who are proper head-in-the-sand happy clappers. You then get the folk who either to wind these guys up or because they are hyper negative will go on and say everything is shit; even after a 5-0 win they'd find something to moan about. 

However, the East End Bounce Forum never really took off - not sure exactly why but when I was a posting member it felt very cliquey where you had some recurring tropes that some folk seemed to think was hilarious (very much like the "#Barclays" stuff you see on here) and there never seemed to be much discussion of the game, it was more about pubs beforehand and singing sections etc which is fine, but if you want to talk about the game you have to come here to P&B or go to dotnet and hope that the likes of Socks and Raymie and a few others were at the game. There are also a few members there who admit they don't know much about football tactics and the like which makes P&B my go-to place for match reviews etc I have to say.

Doesn't seem too cold tonight but still need to wrap up warm I think as it'll get a bit colder by kick off and will be Baltic by 9.30. Need the team to give us a goal or two to warm us up. Think KRH and Todd will start then come off after an hour then we'll see how they are for Saturday. Hopefully we play with a bit more intensity and pace than Friday, where everything was slow and one-paced. Don't think it'll be a classic so any win will do tbh 

Was that me as EET? Don't rake me seriously if so, I'm mostly there to plug the podcast but found myself down the dot net rabbit hole sadly 

39 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Was that me as EET? Don't rake me seriously if so, I'm mostly there to plug the podcast but found myself down the dot net rabbit hole sadly 

Was what you? I wouldn't have thought so - I know EET as a thing and have listened so most of the earlier ones and know you're not on there regularly.

22 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Much needed three points this evening but really concerning to see KRH, Fisher and Moffat going down with injuries.

Looked like a shoulder injury for KRH, ankle/foot injury for Fisher, and hamstring injury for Moffat. 
Lady Luck continues to vomit on our duvet. 

Aside from the injuries, which were sad to see, that second half was excellent from a Pars perspective.

O’Halloran, Wighton and Jakubiak all got on the ball and ran at Arbroath’s defence. They also got McCann doing the same and the pace we attacked at was great to watch.

Hopefully Wighton can go on a wee goal scoring run now, which is what he seems to do. His positioning was excellent for both goals. He was unlucky not to score another 2 as well. Despite it only being half an hour, that was his best performance of the season by far. Wonder if having the work rate of McCann and Jakubiak beside him could be the way to go? Obviously Todd can play one of those wide/behind roles too.

After a terrible first half, I was really pleased with the way we performed second half. Was really good to see the subs improve the team. I would say it’ll be a tough decision for McPake on Saturday, but we can only have about 11 fit outfield players?

7 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Hopefully Wighton can go on a wee goal scoring run now, which is what he seems to do. His positioning was excellent for both goals. He was unlucky not to score another 2 as well. Despite it only being half an hour, that was his best performance of the season by far. Wonder if having the work rate of McCann and Jakubiak beside him could be the way to go? Obviously Todd can play one of those wide/behind roles too

I think that's being a bit generous tbh. The two he scored - yes you can say good positioning for the first but he knew nothing about it! The second was good following in and he did well to bundle it in. However the three chances he missed - yes, again he got into good positions but he has to be doing better. One wild slice, two poor connections. He was perhaps a tad unlucky with the last one very late but still don't think he will go on a wee run of goalscoring form. Hope I'm proved wrong of course.

It can’t just be bad luck anymore with these injuries. Maybe I’m looking into it too much but there’s been a concerning amount of injuries and bad looking ones at that on our pitch. Plenty for us, that one tonight for Arbroath and 2 bad ones when Morton came here.

Am I overthinking it abit maybe?

Edited by Danpar

2 minutes ago, Danpar said:

It can’t just be bad luck anymore with these injuries. Maybe I’m digging too deep but there’s been a concerning amount of injuries and bad looking ones at that on our pitch. Plenty for us, that one tonight for abroath and 2 bad ones when Morton came here.

Am I digging into it too much?

You'll get shouted down in a bit for speculating when you've not got a degree in sports science mate 

22 minutes ago, Danpar said:

It can’t just be bad luck anymore with these injuries. Maybe I’m looking into it too much but there’s been a concerning amount of injuries and bad looking ones at that on our pitch. Plenty for us, that one tonight for Arbroath and 2 bad ones when Morton came here.

Yes

22 minutes ago, Danpar said:

Yes.

Kane stood on the ball, fell and landed on his shoulder.

Fisher got accidentally stood on.

Bloody grass pitches!! 😉

Thankfully can't see Saturday's game being on so should have time to get some recovery done.

What injuries actually occurred at East End though (aside from tonight)? Benedictus got injured at Inverness (when he kicked the bottom of a player's boot in a challenge) and then at Starks. 

Rhys Breen appears to picked up an injury at training.

If our pitch really was an issue then surely we'd been seeing loads more injuries on it, not just from our players?

Edited by DA Baracus

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What injuries actually occurred at East End though (aside from tonight)? Benedictus got injured at Inverness (when he kicked the bottom of a player's boot in a challenge) and then at Starks. 

If our pitch really was an issue then surely we'd been seeing loads more injuries on it, not just from our players?

Kane and Todd's early injures were a result of a training collision if memory serves. Mehmet had his ankle tear after being hit with a ball.

Tod and Summers are a bit of a strange ones that have rumbled on.

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Todd injured himself in front of the dugouts at East End. But he was diving into a challenge, didn’t seem to be the pitch that caused it. Genuinely can’t think of any injuries that could be put down to the pitch.