Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I can mind last season where your section NW were getting a lot of credit on here for what they give to the atmosphere, but some small rumblings about aspects of their conduct. Fast forward to now and they are being condemned by the right thinking among you. I only mention it because our own ultras section is in its infancy and has been fantastic for the atmosphere home and away for us. But I'm concerned about it in the long run. What I'm not sure about is whether these groups start off right and turn into wee dicks, or whether they are sort of latched onto by the sort of wee dicks who want to misbehave and see these groups as some sort of cover to do so. 

Ultras groups in general make me wary in that I hate the way they eventually seem to begin to think they speak on behalf of the fans etc. Like they Green Brigade dicks.

Do you think the ultras section is now beyond redemption for you lads, or is it a case that they need to self police the fannies out and continue with the good of what they bring? 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I can mind last season where your section NW were getting a lot of credit on here for what they give to the atmosphere, but some small rumblings about aspects of their conduct. Fast forward to now and they are being condemned by the right thinking among you. I only mention it because our own ultras section is in its infancy and has been fantastic for the atmosphere home and away for us. But I'm concerned about it in the long run. What I'm not sure about is whether these groups start off right and turn into wee dicks, or whether they are sort of latched onto by the sort of wee dicks who want to misbehave and see these groups as some sort of cover to do so. 

Ultras groups in general make me wary in that I hate the way they eventually seem to begin to think they speak on behalf of the fans etc. Like they Green Brigade dicks.

Do you think the ultras section is now beyond redemption for you lads, or is it a case that they need to self police the fannies out and continue with the good of what they bring? 

I think a large part of the issue is that they are latched onto by the guys who want to cause trouble at big games. A lot of the people who only turn up to the big games will now associate themselves with Section NW. Easier for these ‘hard men’ to hide when they’re in such a crowded section.

However, issues are clearly not limited to big games. We repeatedly have issues with things getting thrown onto the park, at players or at officials. That sort of thing is unacceptable, but unfortunately happens most weeks now. We have guys throwing smoke bombs etc at Morton away, which is just weird. Behaviour has been getting worse and has been discussed fairly regularly this season. Even yesterday, after we equalised, folk in that section just kept throwing stuff on the park, delaying the game and killing any potential momentum the team might have had. First half didn’t finish until about 4pm because of the delays. It was also very noticeable that there were loud boos directed towards Section NW from the rest of the home end - a lot of people are getting fed up with this repeated behaviour.

They definitely need to self police, but there doesn’t seem to be much intent for them to do so. I’m hopeful that this shows the importance of self policing and getting scum like the guys from yesterday as far away from the club as possible.

Unfortunately, I praised the club for offering these cheap season tickets for everyone under 21. But I also think that’s contributed to a lot of the behaviour issues. The NW is fairly empty most weeks, despite being sold out with ST holders. Then suddenly that section fills up for games like yesterday. There’s clearly a number of people who bought £50 season tickets, just to attend and cause trouble at the big games.

2 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I think a large part of the issue is that they are latched onto by the guys who want to cause trouble at big games. A lot of the people who only turn up to the big games will now associate themselves with Section NW. Easier for these ‘hard men’ to hide when they’re in such a crowded section.

However, issues are clearly not limited to big games. We repeatedly have issues with things getting thrown onto the park, at players or at officials. That sort of thing is unacceptable, but unfortunately happens most weeks now. We have guys throwing smoke bombs etc at Morton away, which is just weird. Behaviour has been getting worse and has been discussed fairly regularly this season. Even yesterday, after we equalised, folk in that section just kept throwing stuff on the park, delaying the game and killing any potential momentum the team might have had. First half didn’t finish until about 4pm because of the delays. It was also very noticeable that there were loud boos directed towards Section NW from the rest of the home end - a lot of people are getting fed up with this repeated behaviour.

They definitely need to self police, but there doesn’t seem to be much intent for them to do so. I’m hopeful that this shows the importance of self policing and getting scum like the guys from yesterday as far away from the club as possible.

Unfortunately, I praised the club for offering these cheap season tickets for everyone under 21. But I also think that’s contributed to a lot of the behaviour issues. The NW is fairly empty most weeks, despite being sold out with ST holders. Then suddenly that section fills up for games like yesterday. There’s clearly a number of people who bought £50 season tickets, just to attend and cause trouble at the big games.

Very much a "Why we can't have nice things" aspect of following football unfortunately. Certainly would prefer to see clubs proactively rooting folk out than wait until the authorities simply decide to mete out the latest round of "football fans are scum and can't behave" measures. 

Definitely a role in this for normal fans too, to make their voices heard. As I said, the ultras at Falkirk have been fantastic so far and I know for a fact (anecdotally at least) that some young folk have fucked off their previous Arse Cheek allegiances to join their pals being part of that at Falkirk. Just hope it's not a self fulfilling prophecy that all these groups end up at odds with their club and the rest of the fans. 

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If the ultras section genuinely want to be something positive for the club, they better get their shit in order. When the second pyro hit the pitch after the equaliser, there was almost unanimous boos and hostility from Norrie McCathie stand. I think most fans have been supportive of the atmosphere but are just as pissed off at the stupidity. One of the main culprits has a Section North West image on his social media accounts and the section continues to lob pyros and other nonsense onto the pitch - it's all very well making a statement distancing yourself when the line is crossed, but by that point the damage is done. Whether they like it or not, Section North West is a clear net-negative for the club. If the group want to change that, it's going to take more than a half-decent statement on social media.

A good start for all will be identifying and charging those involved, and banning them from East End Park. If any in Section North West know who these idiots are, it's time for them to step up - when you fly with the craws, you get shot with the craws. 

It's a shame, because the guy who arranges the TIFO's and displays is a top guy, really well known at the club and one million miles away from that type of behaviour. He's in there with his dad every week and honestly, they must be tearing their hair out. They're trying to do a good thing. There's a group in there that are purely about the songs and atmosphere but it definitely is a magnet for fannies.

I used to sit in that section before but moved before the start of last season as at the grand old age of 31 I felt I was ready for my seat in the Norrie to sit and "enjoy" the football. I couldn't help but cringe when they kept lobbing flares after we scored. I actually was looking at the players, they were fed up, McPake was fuming.

I have a feeling the statement the club put forward about the incident won't be the only one they make this week.

Edited by The Toun Clock

4 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

It's a shame, because the guy who arranges the TIFO's and displays is a top guy, really well known at the club and one million miles away from that type of behaviour. He's in there with his dad every week and honestly, they must be tearing there hair out. They're trying to do a good thing. There's a group in there that are purely about the songs and atmosphere but it definitely is a magnet for fannies.

I used to sit in that section before but moved before the start of last season as at the grand old age of 31 I felt I was ready for my seat in the Norrie to sit and "enjoy" the football. I couldn't help but cringe when they kept lobbing flares after we scored. I actually was looking at the players, they were fed up, McPake was fuming.

I have a feeling the statement the club put forward about the incident won't be the only one they make this week.

Yeah, Jason’s a decent guy and he will be absolutely devastated that people involved in that yesterday seem to be connected to the section. It’s absolutely not the type of behaviour anyone wants associated with the club, or that section. However, there’s been signs of this. Last year, there were issues up the high street with Falkirk/Sheffield Utd fans. Seemed to just get swept under the carpet rather than addressed.

Agree on the players/manager. I think everyone in the stadium, other than the idiots in that section, were pissed off at their behaviour yesterday. Last season, they had a great connection with the players. It was really good to see. But the players seem to be getting fed up with the behaviour within that section as well.

Last season, we went away to Falkirk, went 2-0 down. Scored a goal, then made the most of that momentum to get the game restarted quickly and equalise before half time. Yesterday, the players were clearly wanting a quick restart, to try and catch Rovers while they were maybe still a bit fragile from conceding the goal. But they didn’t get to do that, because the fans can’t behave. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Maybe I'm being far too kind but I'm not putting down what happened outside the stadium as the fault of the section. 

For me the far bigger concern is the objects getting thrown repeatedly on the pitch, and with regards to that all they need to is fucking stop it. I make that sound simple but evidently it's not because it's been going on for over a year now. 

Last night was as bad a night as it's been to be a Pars fan, beat in another Derby and that video going around which is clearly associated to the club. Scunnered. 

"Ultras" culture is definitely a double edged sword. The problem is nobody really controls these groups because the membership is too nebulous. 

Sadly it's a lot easier for cretinous wee bams to bring the whole thing down than it is for good folk to use these groups as a positive influence. 

13 hours ago, Parscelona said:

New year, same old shit, we are such a toothless and boring team to watch.

Total piss take and its simply not good enough, even more depressingly we know that guys like Chalmers, Comrie, Mehmet, O'Halloran and Wighton are here for the foreseeable.

Agree with the first point - slow, slow, sideways pish that gets us nowhere.

Second point though - Comrie is steady enough and can do a job at centre back of needed, O'Halloran has looked decent when he's been fit and Wighton is a clever player who doesn't quite fit the way we're playing at the moment. Chalmers and Mehmet though: Jeezy Peeps, as Fermer Innes might say.

It's usually wee dicks that don't even truly support the club either. Probably fans of the ugly sisters and using their local team as an excuse just to cause trouble and be bams. 

5 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

It's usually wee dicks that don't even truly support the club either. Probably fans of the ugly sisters and using their local team as an excuse just to cause trouble and be bams. 

Can we stop with this "not real fan" nonsense and just accept the fact that these arseholes exist and need to be sorted. Every club has them, they're easy to spot and if their behaviour isn't stamped out, it'll just get worse. Credit to other fans of both clubs highlighting and identifying those to blame last night. They bring shame on their club and fellow fans. But trying to disassociate them as "not real fans" isn't going to work.

Edited by CountryBumpkin

15 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Last night was as bad a night as it's been to be a Pars fan, beat in another Derby and that video going around which is clearly associated to the club. Scunnered.

Aye I'm not overly fussed about the defeat now... used to it 🤣

In all fairness, didn't expect much from yesterday with our form/injuries. But the fall out with the incident/video is worse, putting us on the map for the wrong reasons.

I was on a work call this morning, 15 colleagues, only me and one other from Dunfermline, everyone else Edinburgh and it's the first thing we spoke about, everyone asking me, someone said they heard it being mentioned on the radio news.

8 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Nah, not having this. Can’t just dismiss them as nothing to do with us because it’s uncomfortable.

Club statement is short but all that was needed.

Just now, The Toun Clock said:

Aye I'm not overly fussed about the defeat now... used to it 🤣

In all fairness, didn't expect much from yesterday with our form/injuries. But the fall out with the incident/video is worse, putting us on the map for the wrong reasons.

I was on a work call this morning, 15 colleagues, only me and one other from Dunfermline, everyone else Edinburgh and it's the first thing we spoke about, everyone asking me, someone said they heard it being mentioned on the radio news.

Likewise.

And having also worked hard to get my laddies into following the Pars, eldest is pretty disgusted at the video and is trying to make sense of it all. Between this, the fitba, and some fans in Norrie almost at blows before game kicked off, I do find myself questioning whether club fitba is worth it.

I can deal with the fitba but that video has really hit hard. 

This incident is now going national being picked up by the red tops..sky and BBC.

Not a good look for Scottish football as a whole and made worse when irrespective of the result a second tier game can command an 8500 crowd. That should be a massive positive and talking point. 

The boys mother has a picture of him on her profile. The poor guy looks so young and vulnerable.

Police Scotland under pressure to get a charge here imo.

Edited by RAITHROVERS84

Should be easy enough to ban the arseholes who chucked stuff on the pitch as there were stewards and police checking who was getting into the section by the corner flag. There were a few younger guys scattered about the NW stand in the seats they have bought.

With all the searches, stewards, CCTV, police officers and stuff is still getting chucked and no one is getting huckled out for it no idea what more they can do other than start to close sections of the stand.

I don't know if the football club and add a condition to the sale of the ticket that entering or throwing items into the pitch would attract a fine of say £1000. Seem to remember Murrayfield had a set fine for entertaining their pitch but no idea the legality or enforcement options. However more of the same won't tackle the problem.

The 'enhanced' searches went well then...

I was in a queue for the Norrie where absolutely no one was searched. In fact we all we're admitted via a fire exit, with a steward simply looking at the ticket (no scanning) and someone clicking a counter for each person they let in.

Only just seen the video. Genuinely disgusted. 

Would happily have them delivered to Kirkcaldy for a pasting or a square go with the 8480 other attendees of the match yesterday. 

I'm not adverse at all to an eye for eye call on some things like this. Weasle c**ts that they are.