Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, Heaton said:

Can't believe McPake wants to keep Sharp. This is a massive red flag for me.

Makes no sense to me whatsoever, given that's a wage that could be spent elsewhere where we're desperate. 

There's something not right about that quote though as it says he hopes the loan players including Sharp stay beyond their recall clauses. When he was announced Sharp's loan was described as being untill January. So we would have to actively extend it. 

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

No trying to be a dick but we scored from a corner up at Arbroath a few weeks ago.

OK, we are zero point five threat at a corner. I wasn't there and didn't bother watching the highlights so had forgotten all about it, but the point stands - I don't even get that excited when we get a corner these days as it seems a rare occurance when we do score. Maybe I've been spoiled by the old Dom Thomas -> Euan Murray pipeline we had a couple of years back.

2 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Dan O'Reilly? Out of contact with us this weekend and whilst many of us would like him to stay, Ian Murray is being very cagey about it, making me wonder if he has someone else lined up. He won't be short of offers so might cost a bit, but that's not bothered you in the past. 

I'd quite like O'Reilly, I remember him playing for Accies and thought he was decent. However, I think he'd probably like to stay with you guys, and if not, then I think others may fancy a shot. Might not, but I wonder if rivalry thing might come out to it and he goes to a Partick or something purely because it's us, maybe not. If you were to ask me to bet where Dan O'Reilly will be come end of January I think it'll still be Kirkcaldy.

1 hour ago, par-adise said:

Makes no sense to me whatsoever, given that's a wage that could be spent elsewhere where we're desperate. 

For me, it’s more that we’re wasting one of our domestic loan slots, so that we can have 2 keepers on the bench every week. Regardless of wages, it just doesn’t make sense to me. Harry Sharp sitting on our bench doesn’t benefit us or the player. As others have mentioned, it was announced as a loan until January. If he’s here until the end of the season, we’ve actually actively extended the deal.

IMG_7247.jpeg

2 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

I'd quite like O'Reilly, I remember him playing for Accies and thought he was decent. However, I think he'd probably like to stay with you guys, and if not, then I think others may fancy a shot. Might not, but I wonder if rivalry thing might come out to it and he goes to a Partick or something purely because it's us, maybe not. If you were to ask me to bet where Dan O'Reilly will be come end of January I think it'll still be Kirkcaldy.

Are Partick Thistle linked with O’Reilly mate?

5 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Dan O'Reilly? Out of contact with us this weekend and whilst many of us would like him to stay, Ian Murray is being very cagey about it, making me wonder if he has someone else lined up. He won't be short of offers so might cost a bit, but that's not bothered you in the past. 

Yes it has.

I would assume from that we have Sharp until the transfer window shuts. 

O'Reilly will get offered a wage at Rovers where he is playing and challenging for a title. Turning that down for us at this moment in time makes no sense, unless we can offer more money, which I doubt tbh. 

I still think a couple of centre halves on loan is realistic. 

18 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

We’re in deep shit lads.

I’ve seen the injury list, and comments that there are a lot of muscular injuries on it…how long until a decent number come back?

Injury situation is a joke now. But tonight’s injuries make it even more important that we take action and bring players in asap. As I said in the match thread, we have a team of outfield players injured, that is better than the team of outfield players on the pitch

Fisher   Bene   Breen

Comrie   Todd   Otoo   Ritchie-Hosler

McCann   Jakubiak   Tod

Thats not even accounting for Summers, O’Halloran and Wighton, who are playing through illness/injury, that would otherwise see them on the bench/in the stands.

Majority of injuries seem like they are relatively long-term too, we need guys in now. Form and performances have been horrendous, we can’t just continue as it is and hope for the best.

Just now, TxRover said:

I’ve seen the injury list, and comments that there are a lot of muscular injuries on it…how long until a decent number come back?

McCann should be back soon. Don't really know about Otoo.

Fisher, Breen and Benedictus all sound like they’re waiting to find out more. But all likely to be at least a few weeks. Bene and Breen, there’s definitely concern it’s 6+ weeks.

Todd and KRH out long term. No idea what’s up with Andy Tod, but he’s been out since about September. Obviously don’t know much about Comrie/Jakubiak. But Jakubiak looked to be a hamstring and he looked upset, so could be another lengthy one. Calf injuries can be a frustratingly slow recovery too, but hopefully just a minor strain for Comrie.

We have a flappy goalie, several injured defenders, two of the weakest midfielders in the league in Chalmers & Allan and no proper goalscorers.

Our only hope now is Summers banging one in from outside the box and he's only fit half the time.

Fucking depressing.

So looking ahead to Airdrie we'll have

Mehmet

Edwards

Allan, Chalmers, Moffat, MoH

Fully fit. 

Wighton, Summers and Hamilton playing through injuries. 

McCann potentially coming back from a hamstring injury so should be eased back but realistically we'll need 90 minutes from him. 

Even then we'll need to see how Summers and Wighton react to playing 90 tonight, christ. 

13 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

McCann should be back soon. Don't really know about Otoo.

Fisher, Breen and Benedictus all sound like they’re waiting to find out more. But all likely to be at least a few weeks. Bene and Breen, there’s definitely concern it’s 6+ weeks.

Todd and KRH out long term. No idea what’s up with Andy Tod, but he’s been out since about September. Obviously don’t know much about Comrie/Jakubiak. But Jakubiak looked to be a hamstring and he looked upset, so could be another lengthy one. Calf injuries can be a frustratingly slow recovery too, but hopefully just a minor strain for Comrie.

Literally insane, makes our struggles last year look relatively mild.