Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I'm one of those guys who knows the club will be working hard to do business but I feel every day you read all these teams around us are doing business and we're like "something might happen in a week". I know it's all a food chain and we need this club to sign someone before they'll let their player come on loan etc but it's frustrating as hell. Not overly fussed about Rudden, not because I didn't want to sign him but because I knew he'd sign for RR or even Partick Thistle when the Courier reported everyone but Dundee Utd were keen from the Championship

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

This has really spiralled now, based on what? One guy saying he's unhappy about something but won't share what? 'Rumours', even though on this thread we've got an example of someone being 'in the know' apparently talking pish after someone else 'in the know' was told as much by someone at the club?

Who's that then?

27 minutes ago, North West said:

Who's that then?

He ignored my request to tell us, so don’t hold yer breath. 
not that I really care TBH, there’s loads of folks out there that claim to know facts about the inner workings of the club, and this person is likely another ill informed individual like the majority of us. 

Don’t understand the the fixation with the ex Kelty owners and there reported income streams or lack of it , These guys are only 2 individuals within the buyout , The others are die hard Rovers fans one reportedly selling his care home chain for 40 million , Others who run very successful businesses and ex owner John Sim / current board member who isn’t short of a Bob or 2 . Average attendances have rocketed from roughly 1900 last season to 4000 this season , Record replica kits sales , record season ticket sales , Hospitality sold out most weeks list goes on and on . Maybe the level of debt is still there from last year but I’m sure we will post a profit this year , the real issue is so many of our rivals are jealous because how we have performed this season and it’s easy to throw remarks about that we are chucking money at a squad , Look at the Pars for instance you are building a training  ground we aren’t , You have your own academy the Rovers don’t your owners have decided to spend the cash on other things instead of the playing squad IMO at least we have actual Rovers supporters involved you have German investors  

7 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Don’t understand the the fixation with the ex Kelty owners and there reported income streams or lack of it , These guys are only 2 individuals within the buyout , The others are die hard Rovers fans one reportedly selling his care home chain for 40 million , Others who run very successful businesses and ex owner John Sim / current board member who isn’t short of a Bob or 2 . Average attendances have rocketed from roughly 1900 last season to 4000 this season , Record replica kits sales , record season ticket sales , Hospitality sold out most weeks list goes on and on . Maybe the level of debt is still there from last year but I’m sure we will post a profit this year , the real issue is so many of our rivals are jealous because how we have performed this season and it’s easy to throw remarks about that we are chucking money at a squad , Look at the Pars for instance you are building a training  ground we aren’t , You have your own academy the Rovers don’t your owners have decided to spend the cash on other things instead of the playing squad IMO at least we have actual Rovers supporters involved you have German investors  

Good and fair post.

Thst said I hope we pump you every game.

Nobody on here has a clue about ours or Rovers finances in all truth. Just wishful thinking that each of our clubs are getting is wrong financially.

Rovers clearly going for quick success and our owners are looking for something longer term. Time will tell how the two very different visions pan out.

7 hours ago, Wacky said:

Exactly. I have read that some think this is the case. As I said, there’s bigger and better clubs they could have taken on to strip if that was their intention. EEP was mortgaged to the max when they took it over. 

There's not intent asset strip, that's absolute nonsense. Who even said that 😆 

44 minutes ago, basher brash said:

There's nonsense throughout that post. However topping it off by saying that Andy Barrowman, John Potter and Dean McKenzie are Rovers supporters is some laugh. 

47 minutes ago, North West said:

There's not intent asset strip, that's absolute nonsense. Who even said that 😆 

This is the last time I’m going to visit this subject. The only person I remember stating that was secure par from EEB. (No! I’m not going to look for it because I don’t care enough anymore) 

I’m sure that if anyone took the time to go back through his posts (if that’s even possible) you find it. 
The bottom line is all this is really irrelevant to the basic fan on the terraces, whatever is going to happen will happen regardless of what we say on these forums. The best we can really do about our displeasure is to withdraw our support of the team and I won’t be doing that. I’ve been a season ticket holder since I started earning, and as long as the Pars exist I’ll be buy my ticket and will be going to every game I possibly can. 
I know I brought this up again in this instance, but I’m tired of it, and pissed off that I allowed myself to bring this up. I’m really more interested in who, if anyone we sign next. 

I doubt Rovers are taking too much risk. When United came down, I think every club probably assumed United would have the clout to go back up so if you were going to take a gamble, likely be next season. Maybe Rovers feel this is too good an opportunity to pass on but doubt they're stupid enough to break the back this early. 

2 hours ago, basher brash said:

Mind my chat about winning teams hiding icebergs....

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

This is the last time I’m going to visit this subject. The only person I remember stating that was secure par from EEB. (No! I’m not going to look for it because I don’t care enough anymore) 

I’m sure that if anyone took the time to go back through his posts (if that’s even possible) you find it. 
The bottom line is all this is really irrelevant to the basic fan on the terraces, whatever is going to happen will happen regardless of what we say on these forums. The best we can really do about our displeasure is to withdraw our support of the team and I won’t be doing that. I’ve been a season ticket holder since I started earning, and as long as the Pars exist I’ll be buy my ticket and will be going to every game I possibly can. 
I know I brought this up again in this instance, but I’m tired of it, and pissed off that I allowed myself to bring this up. I’m really more interested in who, if anyone we sign next. 

Don't be hard on yourself. It's fans forum. All sorts get brought up.

Think folk need to chill out a bit. 

Not saying that we should ignore the few (influential fan) murmers but the club are still actively trying to sign Premiership players.  I genuinely think there's fuk all to this. The owners could maybe cover our (alleged)loses quite easily? Could even be factored in as part of their long term plan.

2 hours ago, HoBNob said:

There's nonsense throughout that post. However topping it off by saying that Andy Barrowman, John Potter and Dean McKenzie are Rovers supporters is some laugh. 

He's likely not included Potter as part of the consortium, but even adding him into the equation four of the current board of directors (Kilgour, MacDonald, Sinton, and Smart) are all Rovers fans. Smart is the one who sold the care home business as mentioned here

I think the rest of the post does have a lot of truth to it. Commercially, we've been outstanding this season. Crowd sizes have increased dramatically, and we've done brilliantly in terms of sales for the club shop. The board are continually exploring new commercial deals down less traditional avenues. Hospitality has gone from being minimal to full every week as mentioned. Nobody factors in the dramatic changes because it's easier to make a lazy comparison that a semi-successful business man 

Nobody is denying that there's been investment by the board into the club, but on the playing side we've seen a fair few players who were signed under McGlynn on contracts which were increasing incrementally year on year. Spencer, Lang, MacDonald and Ethan Ross all potentially fall into that category - even Jamie Gullan, who might be away to Dundalk based on press talk, will likely be one of our highest earners. Alan Halliday in particular had been brought in to review the way we offer contracts and it's not been a particular surprise to see many of these players move on. 

We've still been outbid by other clubs at this level on some signings - Daniel O'Reilly left us recently for Partick despite saying he'd have been happy to say. That alone shows we're not into 'blowing other teams out the water territory'. You can add in George Stanger who decided to go to Ayr after being linked with us. Having had a solid start to the season, it naturally makes us a more attractive proposition for potential players too though. It's likely why Byrne decided to come to us in the first place over yourselves.  

1 hour ago, AuldReekie said:

I doubt Rovers are taking too much risk. When United came down, I think every club probably assumed United would have the clout to go back up so if you were going to take a gamble, likely be next season. Maybe Rovers feel this is too good an opportunity to pass on but doubt they're stupid enough to break the back this early. 

I'd agree with that. We're by no means breaking the budget. Going from 7th to having a best case scenario league winning side, and worst case being 4th place - any Rovers fan would've bitten your hand off for that this time last season. Lads like Hamilton and Dabrowski are the types of characters who are still young enough where you don't feel they're near their peak, but still have enough about them to not feel completely raw. Chuck in Stanton and Vaughan re-signing deals, and you feel like we're well set for a crack at the title again next season should we miss out this season, particularly if Livingston come down. 

Ourselves and Dunfermline clearly have different strategies. Both can be successful in the long term. The clear setback came for the Pars when the Grant/Yogi clusterfuck set them back at least two or three seasons. There's a lot to be positive on the side of Dunfermline. I think it's natural for both sets of fans to be cynical of their clubs, but at the same time I don't think either is doing anything particular untoward. 

47 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Think folk need to chill out a bit. 

Not saying that we should ignore the few (influential fan) murmers but the club are still actively trying to sign Premiership players.  I genuinely think there's fuk all to this. The owners could maybe cover our (alleged)loses quite easily? Could even be factored in as part of their long term plan.

I don't think fans shouldn't ever stop keeping an eye on the way the club is run, in fact any club, not just ours. I think there probably are issues at our club, like any club. I don't believe there's anything sinister going on, but I do think there's probably legitimate concerns from a number of fans that need addressed.  That should happen at the meeting next Tuesday. 

Under our previous Chairman, Ross McArthur we returned a small operating profit (apart from one season) every year. Obviously financial prudence was absolutely necessary for stability given the fuckin absolute debacle under Masterton's tenureship.

We then handed the club over to a new regime, one that had due diligence done on them. So far I've no axe to grind with them and I do believe they've a long term plan, because that's what they've told us. Personally I'd like to see that high level plan broken down into more detail to understand how that is going to work. That's not an unreasonable aspiration and they are accountable, and I'm sure they will be. This just a personal opinion and I don't expect any fan to accept my point of view, it's just another discussion.