Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Agree with the first part. But this part is also what struck me this morning. We now have 2 players on loan from each of Cardiff and Blackpool. They may not be massive clubs. But if we have guys from there, that tell their teammates how much they loved their time here, that could prove to be good for us long-term. There’s no way Cardiff/Blackpool would have given us another player, if the players that were already here weren’t saying positive things about the club/coaching team. I’m pleased we seem to have broadened our horizons a bit, in terms of where we loan players from.

Hopefully this is true, but I think one or both are out of contract at end of season so it's possible Cardiff/Blackpool are planning on moving these players on so aren't particularly bothered where they went. As long as the players themselves look back and see this is a good move, it can only help longer term.

Also good to see the club reject a 6 figure sum for Josh. We get to keep him, we clearly think we can get higher, clubs are clearly watching him and we're obviously not financially desperate to take the first offer that comes in. Encouraging signs.

Overall, solid window. Strengthened in areas of concern, allowing current players to strengthen other areas, and the incoming players have reasonable upside potential. 

45 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

So not so much Josh Edwards then... more Alec Edwards?

Not quite that old but yeah, from what I hear Alec Edwards was on a different level to anything we've had since his time.

Widely seen as the best player never to be capped by Scotland.

44 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Not quite that old but yeah, from what I hear Alec Edwards was on a different level to anything we've had since his time.

Widely seen as the best player never to be capped by Scotland.

I seen Alec Edwards play, he was a fantastic player.

Edwards situ may have been as case of us knocking it back and saying he's not for sale just now. We can't afford to let him go right now and would need someone else coming in to replace him. We'd have no chance getting someone in this window the time it takes us to bring folk in the door.

I'm not bothered if he were to go, if we can replace with another LB/LWB, but now isn't the time. 

I

3 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

My Pars heroes date back further than Joe Cardle tbh, so not fussed about this nostalgic nonsense coming to fruition. I would rather be brought Ross Jack in on the cheap.

There is very little appetite from the board/owners to be signing anbody over the age of 23 I think. This kind of deal, no matter how cheap is really not up their street.

My pars heroes go further back to John Watson. Elementary we would have him up front with Holmes.

38 minutes ago, pawpar said:

My pars heroes go further back to John Watson. Elementary we would have him up front with Holmes.

Yeah, I first went to East End as an 8 year old in 1985, so super Johnny Watson was one of my earliest favourite players. It took me a couple years to fully appreciate and understand what the football was all about so late 80's was when I really got into it. I rember Mark Smith being a favourite of mine for a while(probably due to the Rangers goal), Craig Robertson, Grant Tierney, Westie, Steve Morrison, Ian McCall, Norrie and Kozma a bit later were all standouts for me when we were on the up.

I remember when we sold Ian McCall to Rangers, Leishman famously said that we sold an Ace to buy 3 kings. Who were the 3 Kings?

Edited by Chubbychops

4 hours ago, Well over Par said:

Fee was rumoured to be £150k. If they decide to listen to offers in the summer it won’t be much different ? 

Depends on stipulations I suppose. 

Even if there is, correct decision to keep a hold of him right now, we have no replacement at all for LWB and he'd be a catastrophic loss to McPakes preferred system. 

Hopefully we're on the lookout for a replacement for this summer. 

54 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Depends on stipulations I suppose. 

Even if there is, correct decision to keep a hold of him right now, we have no replacement at all for LWB and he'd be a catastrophic loss to McPakes preferred system. 

Hopefully we're on the lookout for a replacement for this summer. 

Supposedly it's Otoo's best position. Meant to be head and shoulders above everyone in training every day. Doesn't surprise me with the way Mcpake, rightly, regularly raves about him.

6 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Supposedly it's Otoo's best position. Meant to be head and shoulders above everyone in training every day. Doesn't surprise me with the way Mcpake, rightly, regularly raves about him.

Going to struggle to keep Otoo in the summer I think. 

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Forgetting he can play there. Can see him being good as likes to come out of defence with the ball. 

If we can keep the two new guys at the back in the summer it will give us some good versatility at the back that's for sure

3 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Going to struggle to keep Otoo in the summer I think. 

I would hope we can keep one of Edward's or Otoo but doubt we will get both