Walking Down The Halbeath Road

6 hours ago, tdt said:

Can I add, the only reason I felt compelled to post on PnB was because when I left EEP at FT today, I was nearly run down by the Joe Cardle Academy-mobile heading past the South Stand with JC driving.

How many full time professional outfits have a guy training full time with them during the week yet seemingly completely uninvolved on match day when they are desperately needing experience?

Cardle was at the game with Arbroath manager Jim McIntyre. Doesn’t look like JC will be signing, not sure he’s what we need right now anyway. 

15 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Can Dunfermline afford to sack McPake?

Yes, but we won't. 

It's ok though, he said we won't go down anyway, so it's all good. For me that post-match interview just screams of desperation. We 100% are in a relegation dog fight and can be relegated. I'd say there is a good chance of it at this rate. 

41 minutes ago, kdypar said:

Cardle was at the game with Arbroath manager Jim McIntyre. Doesn’t look like JC will be signing, not sure he’s what we need right now anyway. 

So the guy who is openly training with us went to a critical game against a relegation rival with an opposition manager?

Not at all questioning the validity of what you're saying but that picture is wild. I'm not in favour of Cardle signing but the whole thing is weird.

Off topic

Just had a look at when each thread was started on the Championship forum (obviously when that team entered the championship) was a bit taken a back when this one was started in 2012. I'm not taking the pi55 BTW I genuinely thought Dunfermline had been in the Premier after that.

I've always thought Dunfermline were bigger than the likes of St.J, Livi, County and ICT and really should be doing better than they have. Over 10 years out the top flight seems mad 

1 hour ago, kdypar said:

Are you the same guy that claimed Jakubiak was celebrating with the Raith directors earlier in the season?

46 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

It’s a very bold statement to make and tbh I think he’s hung his career on it. Stay up and he’ll be ok(until next season anyway) go down and that’s going to haunt him at every single opportunity for another job

I’m as a loss here, my PMA took a dent after that display yesterday. 
Then McPake made that bonkers statement. He probably told the players “no way we’ll get beat today” as he laid out his strategy for that match yesterday. Not only is he confidently saying we won’t go down, he sounds like he’s pinning his hopes on a couple of new signings. We’ve heard this pish before, and the signings never materialised. He really has put his career on the line with that ludicrous statement. 

40 minutes ago, tdt said:

the guy who is openly training with us went to a critical game against a relegation rival with an opposition manager?

These guys will know each other from the manager and players merry go round you find at this level. Isn’t it possible they’re just keeping each other company? 

JC wouldn’t be the answer for us right now, IMO we need someone to take over from Chalmers so we can bin him ASAP, and a solid defender 

34 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Off topic

Just had a look at when each thread was started on the Championship forum (obviously when that team entered the championship) was a bit taken a back when this one was started in 2012. I'm not taking the pi55 BTW I genuinely thought Dunfermline had been in the Premier after that.

I've always thought Dunfermline were bigger than the likes of St.J, Livi, County and ICT and really should be doing better than they have. Over 10 years out the top flight seems mad 

In that period the club almost died (we saved the club unlike certain institutions) 

Bar a couple decent seasons in the Championship, it has been mostly utter turd in that period. I am not counting seasons we romped the league in League 1; a club with our resources should be smashing that league without much effort.

The club is run so poorly. We constantly shoot ourselves in the foot with the decision making, and absolutely do not deserve to be a Premiership team until we get the decision making sorted. The teams you allude to have done things the right way in terms of their decision making.

I honestly think we are the worst run club in the country. With all our resources and fanbase, I just can't fathom how poor we are. Piss up in a brewery springs to mind. 

No-one has a God-given right to be in the Premiership, but all the tools are there for us to be getting there and staying there. It is so sh*t being a Pars fan at the moment. 

7 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Then McPake made that bonkers statement. He probably told the players “no way we’ll get beat today” as he laid out his strategy for that match yesterday. Not only is he confidently saying we won’t go down, he sounds like he’s pinning his hopes on a couple of new signings. We’ve heard this pish before, and the signings never materialised. He really has put his career on the line with that ludicrous statement. 

These guys will know each other from the manager and players merry go round you find at this level. Isn’t it possible they’re just keeping each other company? 

JC wouldn’t be the answer for us right now, IMO we need someone to take over from Chalmers so we can bin him ASAP, and a solid defender 

7 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I'd be surprised if they didn't know each other but it's not a great look for JC. If they are sitting beside each other they are unlikely to be talking about the current value of the Yen vs the Pound.

It's not like the ground was so packed that they had to sit beside each other because they were the only two spare seats.

48 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

. Over 10 years out the top flight seems mad 

It will be confirmed as our longest period outside the top flight ever(well since automatic promotion was confirmed when we rejoined from the central league) as soon as top 4 is mathematically confirmed.

And that spell includes 4 years at league one.  

12 minutes ago, tdt said:

It's not like the ground was so packed that they had to sit beside each other because they were the only two spare seats.

So what do you think it means? 

14 minutes ago, tdt said:

I'd be surprised if they didn't know each other but it's not a great look for JC. If they are sitting beside each other they are unlikely to be talking about the current value of the Yen vs the Pound.

A wild take. Not a good look? Sitting with a mate at the football? 

8 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

It will be confirmed as our longest period outside the top flight ever(well since automatic promotion was confirmed when we rejoined from the central league) as soon as top 4 is mathematically confirmed.

And that spell includes 4 years at league one.  

As already stated, a team with the resources we could generate could easily hold its own in the top flight. I think mis-management and greedy wee baw faced p***ks that corruptly used the club as his own piggy bank hasn’t helped. I’m as frustrated as everyone else about the situation we are in right now, but I truly think that if our players were all fit and playing every week we’d be chasing playoffs if not the title right now. 

Just now, Wacky said:

As already stated, a team with the resources we could generate could easily hold its own in the top flight. I think mis-management and greedy wee baw faced p***ks that corruptly used the club as his own piggy bank hasn’t helped. I’m as frustrated as everyone else about the situation we are in right now, but I truly think that if our players were all fit and playing every week we’d be chasing playoffs if not the title right now. 

.................................................................!!! REALLY ??       I admire your positive attitude, sir!

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Footballers are allowed to talk to people from other clubs(and cardle isn’t even an employee at our club) 

Totally. Whether we agree or not JC clearly isn’t what our manager feels we need or he’d be playing for us right now. We all know he’d play for buttons to be at this club, but clearly isn’t considered the player we need.