Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

New caterers will be able to do nothing for your heartburn unless you're hoping Gaviscon are taking over? Might get a Rennie's in one of the lounges... 

😂

12 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

High hopes for the Sutherlands and Andy Tod Jr especially.

From the first 10 minutes it was clear who was going to win the game last night and a few of your players stood out to me and those were: 

No. 9 - T. Sutherland 

No. 10 - A. Tod

Both of them were very confident on the ball and good range of passing. Sutherland seemed to have a good turn of pace as well. Would give an honourable mention to your left back No. 3 Hogan.

6 hours ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

From the first 10 minutes it was clear who was going to win the game last night and a few of your players stood out to me and those were: 

No. 9 - T. Sutherland 

No. 10 - A. Tod

Both of them were very confident on the ball and good range of passing. Sutherland seemed to have a good turn of pace as well. Would give an honourable mention to your left back No. 3 Hogan.

Tod and Sutherland have been on the fringes of the first team squad for the last year now.  Andy Tod will go on to bigger things eventually I think.

I hope he does. I know he's raw and young  but he's looked a little out his depth whenever I've seen him.

That's not a criticism. He's barely had a chance. I think a good loan spell in league one could be very helpful. 

9 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I hope he does. I know he's raw and young  but he's looked a little out his depth whenever I've seen him.

That's not a criticism. He's barely had a chance. I think a good loan spell in league one could be very helpful. 

Yeah. I mean years down the line. There's certain moments I've seen that just catch the eye and when you consider he's 17.  Five years down the line we could have a very good player. 

Episode 16 of East End Tales podcast is out now. We're lucky to have Steven Mill join us, talking about growing up watching the Pars and his favourite games, goals, players and away days. You can also figure out when I recorded with him with a transfer mention 🤣

The Recap is back! At least, mostly.

April Birthdays

The Andy Wilson memorial (lest I forget about it) Quiz! 

And the identity of our next special guest. And he's a huge icon. 

Also, listen right to the end...

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749

Good to have a few in League one interested. Get a wee bidding war going. 6 figure sum and a sell on would be a decent deal for a guy with one year on his deal. Will be sad to see Josh go though. Hardly been injured and played a lot of games for us at a young age.

Another good Stevie Crawford prospect that we make money on. He certainly had an eye for a player.

Maybe go for Lewis Strapp at Morton as a replacement.

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

. I think a good loan spell in league one could be very helpful. 

Fans of all clubs state this for youth players,  but the big thing is how do you prove your player is good enough to go make a difference at a lower level? Loanee clubs aren't interested in potential, they want someone who is going to come in and do a job straight off the bat.   Ok he wasn't training with Elgin which makes things harder but Tod couldn't prove himself as worthy of starting spot at a poorly performing side last year as an example.  Do we think he or others would walk into a league 1 club and find get 30+ starts? 

5 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Yeah. I mean years down the line. There's certain moments I've seen that just catch the eye and when you consider he's 17.  Five years down the line we could have a very good player. 

Could being the big word here, as it is with every single youth player, the best youth coaches and scouts in the world are utterly terrible and I can't emphasise that enough at identifying who will go on to make it, I'm not betting my chances as a fan at being better than that. 

Controversial here, but I'm not overly unhappy about Josh Edwards going. At the same time, if he signed  new deal I'd be okay with that. He has a good engine, and is rarely injured but his inability to put a decent ball in the box is an issue. He will do it, but for large parts it usually ends up in the stand or out for a throw in on the other side.

If we can get six figures for him then excellent.

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

Controversial here, but I'm not overly unhappy about Josh Edwards going. At the same time, if he signed  new deal I'd be okay with that. He has a good engine, and is rarely injured but his inability to put a decent ball in the box is an issue. He will do it, but for large parts it usually ends up in the stand or out for a throw in on the other side.

He's inconsistent with it but it's certainly not incapable, he's got seven? Assists this season which is good. His attacking threat is levels above that of Miles and Comrie for example who are solid enough full backs at this level, and realistically if we get anyone on there level for the left it'll have to do. 

He'll be away, I'll be surprised if the contract extension that we triggered won't have a release clause in it though, I'm not sure there will be a bidding war. 

27 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

He's inconsistent with it but it's certainly not incapable, he's got seven? Assists this season which is good. His attacking threat is levels above that of Miles and Comrie for example who are solid enough full backs at this level, and realistically if we get anyone on there level for the left it'll have to do. 

He'll be away, I'll be surprised if the contract extension that we triggered won't have a release clause in it though, I'm not sure there will be a bidding war. 

Aye, and that's good, but he can be very wasteful in some of the good positions he finds himself in.

Yeah I think so too. Reckon he'll be ready to test himself down south.

Edited by The Toun Clock

2 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

The grand plan since the ownership changed was to bring in young talent, improve them and sell them on. We haven't done enough of that.

If Edwards wants to go and the deal is right then I agree it should be done.

24 this year and knocking on the door of 200 appearances for us which isn't half bad.

3 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Oft be careful here. I've had a red for less