Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I see in the Edinburgh Gazette of 8 March, a new company has been formed - Dunfermline Athletic PLC. I assume that has happened in connection with the share issue?

This is what the forthcoming share issue will be for.

The separate club and company rule has been well established! Its the only way out of the hole they're in.

So the current tenants of the Kingsgate unit have been paying rent to DAFC (ie GM) for the past 3 years but nobody at the club has forwarded the money on to the Kingsgate. Now the current occupants are being forced out over non payment of rent.

I'd never be stupid enough to call GM a criminal online but...

I wouldn't worry about it. GM is so skint the only lawyer he could afford these days would be that guy Hutts from The Simpsons.

Been keeping an eye on this thread for a while now - hope you can pull through, speaking purely from a football side of things I've seen some really great matches at Firhill between Thistle and Dunfermline over the years.

Noticed a couple of mentions of 450k being due to trade creditors - is that something that's only recently come out?

How much is the friendly against Man Utd likely to raise, in conjunction with any auctions, fundraising events etc.?

On the face of it it's simple -

a) Figure out who you owe money to

b) Figure out how much money is owed in total, and when it needs to be repaid by

c) Figure out how much money you're already generating, and how much you need to make on top of that to remain solvent

d) Figure out ways to raise that difference in money - share issue, friendly against high-profile club, auctions, bucket collections, whatever.

But from what Leishman has said - fears that fans will be pouring money into a black hole trying to save the club - it sounds like c) is nowhere near going to cover b) in time to save the club.

Been keeping an eye on this thread for a while now - hope you can pull through, speaking purely from a football side of things I've seen some really great matches at Firhill between Thistle and Dunfermline over the years.

Noticed a couple of mentions of 450k being due to trade creditors - is that something that's only recently come out?

How much is the friendly against Man Utd likely to raise, in conjunction with any auctions, fundraising events etc.?

On the face of it it's simple -

a) Figure out who you owe money to

b) Figure out how much money is owed in total, and when it needs to be repaid by

c) Figure out how much money you're already generating, and how much you need to make on top of that to remain solvent

d) Figure out ways to raise that difference in money - share issue, friendly against high-profile club, auctions, bucket collections, whatever.

But from what Leishman has said - fears that fans will be pouring money into a black hole trying to save the club - it sounds like c) is nowhere near going to cover b) in time to save the club.

There's a lot of round sums being bandied about and I am getting the impression that nobody is very sure exactly how much the club owes. Almost every insolvency case I have ever been involved with, the money due to creditors turns out to be larger than those in charge thought it was. The club keep talking about when debts like VAT and PAYE are due to be paid (using dates I don't recognise as the normal due date for VAT and PAYE) but you have to remember than there will be other debts which exist but have not yet become due. For example, the February VAT quarter has ended and that liability now exists but it is not due to be paid until the end of March.

This is what the forthcoming share issue will be for. The separate club and company rule has been well established! Its the only way out of the hole they're in.

You mean transferring the 'club' from the indebted company to a new debt-free one, and allowing the old indebted company to fail? I thought that was not allowed under SFL rules. Isn't there a rule on corporate restructurings and transfers?

You mean transferring the 'club' from the indebted company to a new debt-free one, and allowing the old indebted company to fail? I thought that was not allowed under SFL rules. Isn't there a rule on corporate restructurings and transfers?

I thought so too but it seems to have worked for Rangers!

Rangers didn't do it in SFL, though.

It was the SFL that let them do it! The SPL told them to go take a flying fook and the SFL welcomed the new company with open arms.

I'm no rule guru but, on the face of it, the SFL have allowed the "club" Rangers owned by a new debt free company to continue. If the same was refused to Dunfermline, or any other league club it would be outrageous!

I expect, if the Pars liquidate and set up a new company, that they will start next season, history intact, in division 3.

It was the SFL that let them do it! The SPL told them to go take a flying fook and the SFL welcomed the new company with open arms.

I'm no rule guru but, on the face of it, the SFL have allowed the "club" Rangers owned by a new debt free company to continue. If the same was refused to Dunfermline, or any other league club it would be outrageous!

I expect, if the Pars liquidate and set up a new company, that they will start next season, history intact, in division 3.

I think most people realise it doesnt work like that unless you happen to be a bigoted team from Glasgow.

You missed my point - Rangers OldCo were in SPL, they went into liquidation, they transferred 'the club' to NewCo but SPL said "naw" (it's allowed in SPL but only with permission), then applied to join SFL.

Dunfermline are already in SFL.

Rule 13:

MEMBERSHIP NOT TRANSFERRABLE

Membership of the League (whether full or associate) shall not be transferrable, save that (a) a Member wishing to change its legal form (whether from unincorporated association to corporate body or otherwise where the ownership and control of both bodies are or will be substantially identical); or (b) a transfer within the same administrative group for the purposes of a solvent reconstruction only; may be permitted by the Board upon prior written application for consent and giving such details of the proposed transfer as the Board may reasonably request for the purpose of considering such transfer.

Edited by HibeeJibee

You missed my point - Rangers OldCo were in SPL, they went into liquidation, they transferred 'the club' to NewCo but SPL said "naw" (it's allowed in SPL but only with permission), then applied to join SFL.

Dunfermline are already in SFL.

I know all that.... sheesh, do you think I've been living under a rock :)

Dunfermline go bust, get ejected, apply to join under a newco uncontested, get accepted, start in Div 3. That's what I'd expect to happen if Scottish football treats all clubs the same.

I think Dazzle gets my point.

There's a lot of round sums being bandied about and I am getting the impression that nobody is very sure exactly how much the club owes. Almost every insolvency case I have ever been involved with, the money due to creditors turns out to be larger than those in charge thought it was. The club keep talking about when debts like VAT and PAYE are due to be paid (using dates I don't recognise as the normal due date for VAT and PAYE) but you have to remember than there will be other debts which exist but have not yet become due. For example, the February VAT quarter has ended and that liability now exists but it is not due to be paid until the end of March.

The February VAT quarter will be due for payment on or around 10th April, not the end of March. Only a 10 day difference I accept but worth pointing out.