Walking Down The Halbeath Road

He got a ludicrous loan from Bank Of Scotland (where he used to be some big cheese type) with astonishing terms (including it being repayable in the distant future, long after he would be dead, and in the event of the his death the debt transferred to the club), and used that cash to fund buying players waaaaaaaaay out of our price range, paying wages and personal terms that could surely only have been agreed upon after the club's representatives accidentally took horse medication and trying to turn the club into a sanitized, boring family and corporates only entity, all the time making lewd 'w****r' gestures at the fans who were not in either of these demographics, i.e. the vast majority. I want to point out that there is nothing wrong with families or corporate types at football, and both are an important 'market' and should be catered to, but it should not be at the expense of everyone else.

Whereas before he would wait until he was in his (proverbial) mountain lair before deriding us common fans, he's now actively engaged in publicly sticking up two fingers to the fans turning his nose up at us.

Leishman was one of the directors who quit in protest I believe.

I think you should try the horse medication. Take half and see how you go. Then the other half at bed time.

Well, if it is a loan, in the clubs name, then surely the bank is the creditor and not Masterton? How can he possibly be the biggest creditor if the money owed is that of the bank.

If the loan is in his name and he accepts 7p in the pound from the club, surely he will still have to pay the bank regardless, unless he declares himself bankrupt. Where the point stands, that he will lose out.

On the point of players "waaaaaaay out your league" no-one of you complained at the time, no-one questioned sustainability and it's strange that Leishman never until his "protest" resignation, when it was obvious to all and sundry that the club was fucked.

Well, if it is a loan, in the clubs name, then surely the bank is the creditor and not Masterton? How can he possibly be the biggest creditor if the money owed is that of the bank.

If the loan is in his name and he accepts 7p in the pound from the club, surely he will still have to pay the bank regardless, unless he declares himself bankrupt. Where the point stands, that he will lose out.

On the point of players "waaaaaaay out your league" no-one of you complained at the time, no-one questioned sustainability and it's strange that Leishman never until his "protest" resignation, when it was obvious to all and sundry that the club was fucked.

He is the owner of the company that owes the money, therefore he will decide on its behalf whether to accept the CVA. I think the dunfies are annoyed the club is carrying the can for his irresponsibility. But as you say, not many complaints at the time. Did we in the 80s and 90s?

He is the owner of the company that owes the money, therefore he will decide on its behalf whether to accept the CVA. I think the dunfies are annoyed the club is carrying the can for his irresponsibility. But as you say, not many complaints at the time. Did we in the 80s and 90s?

Aye, but our ridiculous decision to leave the stadium without any plan in place, leave the town and build a white elephant to fit in with preposterous SPL criteria done for us.

I'm sure you're well aware of the Sandison/MacDonald anicdote when the former asked for more cash. To compare what we did in the 80's/90's with this bloated wreck is disingenious.

Aye, but our ridiculous decision to leave the stadium without any plan in place, leave the town and build a white elephant to fit in with preposterous SPL criteria done for us.

I'm sure you're well aware of the Sandison/MacDonald anicdote when the former asked for more cash. To compare what we did in the 80's/90's with this bloated wreck is disingenious.

I don't know we blew several million and Broadwood wasn't entirely to blame and then continued spending. I seen board minutes that included acknowledging debt, a faled loan application to another bank and a £100k bid for Myles Hgarth all on the same page.

Eta We signed Unlucky Eddie from Stirling knowing we were potless.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

So, playing Devils Advocate for a second......Masterton ploughs his own money into the club, keeps you in the top eschelons for years, and is now expected to write off millions of his own cash to ensure you lads have something to do on a Saturday? Is that right?

What exactly was the much lauded director, Leishman doing while Rome burned?

Seems strange that so much vitriol can be directed at someone who has it in their power to save your club, at great personal expense, whilst another director who jumped ship when he seen the iceberg coming gets nothing but praise.

Leishman is also owed a big sack of money btw. Going from rumours Masterton would constantly change budgets that were agreed in boardroom meetings, him and Yorkston showed no respect to the board aswell with Yorkston not telling anyone he was about to sack McIntyre.

Leishman is also owed a big sack of money btw. Going from rumours Masterton would constantly change budgets that were agreed in boardroom meetings, him and Yorkston showed no respect to the board aswell with Yorkston not telling anyone he was about to sack McIntyre.

You can't seriously believe Leishman is due money. He took a fortune out the club.

You can't seriously believe Leishman is due money. He took a fortune out the club.

He's on the creditors list, so yeh, he is due money...

He did take a wage from the club but he also brought a fortune into the club, I get that you're trying to play the whole devils advocate style of poster here. It works better though when you have a rough idea of what you're talking about though tbh.

He's on the creditors list, so yeh, he is due money...

He did take a wage from the club but he also brought a fortune into the club, I get that you're trying to play the whole devils advocate style of poster here. It works better though when you have a rough idea of what you're talking about though tbh.

^^^this^^^

Leishman was originally brought back in order to get back the fans who had drifted away after he originally left in the late 80's. He would go talk to potential sponsors or hospitality guests and try and bring money into the club. This wasn't always successful and frustrated Leish, who didn't seem to understand that people would agree to these meeting because he was their hero 15-20 years previously.

The man has put far more into the club than he has taken out. Fell free to criticise the club and those who work for it but at least do some research first.

I find it really suspicious that gm appears all of a sudden the week before the CVA.

Clubs best interests my arse, an utter cretin of a man.

Leishman was originally brought back in order to get back the fans who had drifted away after he originally left in the late 80's. He would go talk to potential sponsors or hospitality guests and try and bring money into the club. This wasn't always successful and frustrated Leish, who didn't seem to understand that people would agree to these meeting because he was their hero 15-20 years previously.

The man has put far more into the club than he has taken out. Fell free to criticise the club and those who work for it but at least do some research first.

Leishman arrived in the ground as I was walking round the back of the stand. He was approached by three young Cowden fans. It was only about ten minutes before the start of the game yet he still took he time to speak to them for a few minutes. Must admit I was we'll impressed.

Saw this tweet from one of the BBC journos

Chris McLaughlin‏@BBCchrismclaug8m

Bryan Jackson also tells BBC that plug likely to be pulled on Dunfermline tomorrow if CVA doesn't go through - no plan B.

I'm assuming that this is a mere formality and the chances of getting plan A through are fairly high, are you guys worried about the impending CVA or is it all plain sailing?

Bryan Jackson also tells BBC that plug likely to be pulled on Dunfermline tomorrow if CVA doesn't go through - no plan B.

I'm assuming that this is a mere formality and the chances of getting plan A through are fairly high, are you guys worried about the impending CVA or is it all plain sailing?

I won't be able to sleep easily until this CVA is approved. Rumour doing the rounds is that GM has giving his daughter power of attorney for the vote......

I was reasonably confident until Dumb and Dumber put their head above the parapet again.

I can imagine a lot of ranting and roaring and demanding to see the other bid, where you imagine/hope jackson will tell them to GTF by telling them the other bid is unviable, they will reluctantly accept I think. Wonder if there will be another yorkston hundle? Can imagine him talking somebody into voting no before himself voting yes in order to make them the bad guy. It will be interesting to see what the fans in the meeting have to say, and if they can resist the urge to tear into them. I'm nervous as hell but I'm edging towards a good result.