Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Absolutely fantastic signings! Jeffries has pulled it out the bag there big time. Couldn't be happier with those signings. I'm sure it was Forbes who scored the absolute screamer against us in the 5-1 game at Firhill. Really good player.

Absolutely fantastic signings! Jeffries has pulled it out the bag there big time. Couldn't be happier with those signings. I'm sure it was Forbes who scored the absolute screamer against us in the 5-1 game at Firhill. Really good player.

Yep, was at that one. Cracking goal by Forbes. Partick were fantastic, we were completely outplayed that day. I think we've got a cracking player here in Forbes, doubt he should be playing in this league, but I'm sure he'll be key in pushing in to the Championship. You wouldn't turn down a chance to play under JJ, brilliant manager. Doing a great job with our young squad.

Yeah, they're cup-tied, unfortunately. But, we've now got a bit more strength and depth within the squad and it'll help keep players on their toes and give good options as back up when injuries and suspensions continue to bite us, as they are atm.

I believe we've had former Hamilton striker Jon McShane on trial with us this week, and the Courier reported this morning he was set to sign, however, I'd be surprised if we signed him now after signing Grainger and Forbes. I'd say we're ok up front anyways, tbh.

All we need now is Morris and Geggan to agree deals within the next few weeks and we're set up nicely for next season, heading into the play offs! Maybe these signings will also help players, such as Josh, to realise that DAFC si the place they want to be at over the next season or two - it'll certainly give them a headache and could possibly persuade them.

I believe we've had former Hamilton striker Jon McShane on trial with us this week, and the Courier reported this morning he was set to sign, however, I'd be surprised if we signed him now after signing Grainger and Forbes. I'd say we're ok up front anyways, tbh..

We failed in a bid to sign another Premiership player as they didn't want to drop down two levels like Grainger or Forbes, so apparently there are still some funds available in the pot - we should be fine with what we have though. Now it's onto the play-off's and this time hopefully injury free!

We failed in a bid to sign another Premiership player as they didn't want to drop down two levels like Grainger or Forbes, so apparently there are still some funds available in the pot - we should be fine with what we have though. Now it's onto the play-off's and this time hopefully injury free!

Wouldn't be surprised if it had been Rory Fallon he was trying to sign.

Fantastic work from DAFC. Very happy with those signings, looking forward to seeing the pair in action. However I'm not available for the next 4 or 5 Saturdays so that idea's oot the windae already.

Edited by smpar

If I was a Pars fan I'd be wanking myself into oblivion over Forbes. Like others have said he was excellent last season and may well of been a top division player. I can't comment much of Dunfermline's team this season but I imagine he will definitely bring a big boost in quality.

It suddenly looks a very decent squad for the run in.

Good to see Danny Grainger saying Falky helped sell him on the move. Top man Falky.

On www.dafc.co.uk it says these signings are about getting second place wrapped up as soon as possible. That's classic 'pin on the dressing room wall' material for other teams. Let's hope the team can walk the walk.

Interesting.

Seems a massive gamble by Dunfermline, not only to secure second place, but this looks like you're going balls out to get to the Championship with Rangers.

Two questions;

Where did the money come from? These guys wont be playing for peanuts.

What happens if the gamble fails and your left floundering in a division where away fans number 200 max?

Interesting.

Seems a massive gamble by Dunfermline, not only to secure second place, but this looks like you're going balls out to get to the Championship with Rangers.

Two questions;

Where did the money come from? These guys wont be playing for peanuts.

What happens if the gamble fails and your left floundering in a division where away fans number 200 max?

I knew a post like this would come along. It's not a gamble at all. I think it's 5 players who have left that has allowed us to make these signings. That's where the money has come from, i.e. the existing budget. We clearly aren't offering loads since Falkingham rejected a new contract. I believe the contracts the club are offering are based on projections of being in this league next season, with increases written in should we get promotion.

So it's nothing like in the past when the club stupidly gambled with money they didn't have.