Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Absolutely delighted it's a new 2 1/2 year contract. He'll be a very, very, good player for us by 2016! Great work done again by the Club to get Shaun signed up! All the pieces falling into place nicely for next season already, no matter what league we're in. 4 key players already contracted for next season now!

ETA: http://www.dafc.co.uk/articles/20140121/shaun-signs-new-contract_2207955_3631555

Edited by dafcburty

Doubt you have, we have already used our 5 loans.

Any other info beyond pish? Is he versatile?

See Kenny Shiels interview at around 3 minutes here

http://inverclyde-tv.com/stories/4304-view-form-the-dugout-23rd-january-2014

Page has been hopeless generally but he was not alone so he might do better with better players around him. His bright spot was the win over Celtic where, in common with most of the team, he played out his skin.

Shiels said Page will be going out on loan in the next day or two, with Dunfermline being a possibility.

He's been amazingly slow and error prone for us, terrible with the ball at his feet as well. If he did go to Dunfermline I doubt we'd put a clause in that says he can't play against us if we made the play-offs!

See Kenny Shiels interview at around 3 minutes here

http://inverclyde-tv.com/stories/4304-view-form-the-dugout-23rd-january-2014

Page has been hopeless generally but he was not alone so he might do better with better players around him. His bright spot was the win over Celtic where, in common with most of the team, he played out his skin.

Plenty of eh not sure from shiels there, ok so he doesn't always talk particularly well but we can't loan him that's for sure, possibly he can be released from yourselves and signed by us.

Forget the rules, just take him. Please, please take him.

We've seen our fair share of absolutely horrendous centre backs over the years, and Page is absolutely down there with the likes of Chris McLeod and Anton Smith.

Although to be fair to him, I guess we do have to acknowledge that he was part of a defence which kept a clean sheet for 120 minutes at Parkhead.

greggy.png

Yep plenty stuff can change.

I seem to remember he was reasonably rated at Hamilton, am i wrong? did you offer him more money or was he released by them?

There is now an announcement on our official site that he has left by mutual consent. Usually that means the player has something else fixed up and given Shiels interview, that could be Dunfermline? Good news for us!

Ryan Scully has shown us we need to just make our own minds up. He was a total dud according to Thistle fans yet has been a real trooper for us this season.

Agreed. I've yet to see this dud of a 'keeper according to Thistle fans, he has been tremendous for us so far this season. If we do sign Page then it's hardly the end of the world, we need a body for six months as we are now having to play 18 year old midfielders at centre half. He gets until the end of the season to prove himself, if he comes in and is hopeless then he obviously won't have his contract renewed. That's assuming we sign him, there are around four other possibilities that we could be going for who are in a similar situation to Page.