Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Disappointing news, but we can only offer what we can afford and if he is able to get more than that elsewhere there isn't much we can do about it, nor is it something I could bemoan him for.

However like with Falkingham there will probably be more to come from this so I haven't given up hope yet.

Edited by parsforlife

Enjoyed watching him - causing Kevin Kyle to have some sort of breakdown was a recent highlight. Judging by Moshni's goal at the weekend, McCoist has been paying attention to big Cal's style of play and it wouldn't surprise me to see him end up at Ibrox.

If he remains in Scotland, outside the SPL, I could only see him signing for The Rangers or Dundee. Best of luck to him.

I reckon he'll go to England tbh, but I don't know where he'd end up.

Saying that, John Terry's getting a fair age now, Cal could easily land himself a regular starting spot at Chelsea.

I don't think Morris leaving is as big a loss as some people are making it out to be. I think he's he been quite poor for months and him leaving will free up a wage for possibly a better defender to come in.

We are in a much better position than we were last year and even if we are still in League 1 we're still a big club and an attractive proposition for many players especially if regular first team football is guaranteed, there are always loads of free agents available during the close season and Jim Jefferies has been very shrewd in his transfer dealings in the couple of years he's been at the club.

Dowie ? :lol:

Slightly gutted. Might not be the last we'll hear about this. Although if it is, another experienced body could come in or we could offer the chance to someone like Lewis Martin to really step up and impress.

Morris to The Rangers, Dundee or a League 2 side in England imo. Good luck to him, decent service for the Pars.

In all seriousness, he is a championship player and it's a shame he doesn't want to stay.

I would be surprised if he makes in to League One England or the SPL.

Nice bit of fishing earlier though.

I don't think Morris leaving is as big a loss as some people are making it out to be. I think he's he been quite poor for months and him leaving will free up a wage for possibly a better defender to come in.

We are in a much better position than we were last year and even if we are still in League 1 we're still a big club and an attractive proposition for many players especially if regular first team football is guaranteed, there are always loads of free agents available during the close season and Jim Jefferies has been very shrewd in his transfer dealings in the couple of years he's been at the club.

Dowie ? :lol:

While his form has dipped recently, I still think he's a great player to have at the club. Got great character as a footballer, and if he's on good form then it is difficult to get past him.

Best of luck to wherever he goes.

Happened to Lewis spence? got his debut at the end of the rangers game but hasn't played since i don't think, mostly a reserve player or?

He also got on vs Arbroath I think but he's mostly a u20 player, we are pretty strong in the middle so he has a hard task getting in the side, he's still eligible for the under 20s for at least next season and I think maybe the season after. Not really a case of him being frozen out or anything like that, just has more experienced players ahead of him.

Was against Brechin in the infamous 3-2 defeat where we blew a 2 goal lead with 30 mins to go, that he came on. He didn't do too badly, either. He's very highly thought of, I believe, and he's certainly on the fringes of breaking through into the first team squad on a more prominent and consistent basis. If he gets a new deal, I can see him pushing for a more regular inclusion in the first team squad over the next couple of seasons. Another good, young, local talent that, if we can keep him and he keeps on progressing, I believe he can have a big future in the game.

Morris has all the physical attributes, another couple of years in the heart of the defence beside an experienced defender and I think he would be excellent. From that point of view I'm a little gutted about him going.

He hadn't played a lot before he came to us and you can see it matches, his pace helps to get him out of bother. His debut sums him up, great strength to win the ball back, done a zidane turn past the rovers player, but then played a suicidal ball back to Dowie who took the rovers guy out!