Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Surely the settling of football debt is neither a good or bad thing. It's neither a point to celebrate or one to attack. It's just what should happen.

Regretfully, the club did, effectively, rob the tax payer and small businesses though.

I agree. It's utterly shameful that GM (and others) allowed this to happen. However, it's done now. The people at the top who ultimately had the final say, have been removed & I believe the people now in charge will never allow this to happen again. We need to try re-building trust with other clubs & companies again. I said it previously that spending more than we earn in the coming season, although it won't do us any harm overall, does not paint a very good picture of a club that's learnt its' lessons. I can see how fans of other clubs would be severely hacked off by this.

I said it previously that spending more than we earn in the coming season, although it won't do us any harm overall, does not paint a very good picture of a club that's learnt its' lessons. I can see how fans of other clubs would be severely hacked off by this.

Conversely, you could say it's very open of them to say that based on their own projections we'll make the thick end of a £100K loss. It's (hopefully) reassuring to know that the loss would eat into cash reserves rather than scrambling for a flurry of loans from unsuspecting investors and new 'directors'.

They've also said they have two provisional budgets in place for next season too, depending on what league we are in so contingencies are in place for not getting promoted.

Great numbers so far, looks a certainty that we'll beat the budgeted for 1600, but I'd like to think we can at least match the 1800 total we achieved last season, if not beat it.

DAFC Board thanks the fans!

http://www.dafc.co.uk/articles/20140612/dafc-board-thank-the-fans-were-in-this-together_2207955_3900072

Great numbers so far, looks a certainty that we'll beat the budgeted for 1600, but I'd like to think we can at least match the 1800 total we achieved last season, if not beat it.

Hopefully you're right Burty. I'd like to think there will be many others like myself who are planning on renewing their season tickets after holidays and such. 1800 definitely looks doable.

The championship's newest team will be visiting in pre-season.

@officialdafc: Pre-Season Friendlies: Confirmed so far, Tuesday 15th July v @HibernianFCClub (Home) & Saturday 19th July v @OfficialBRFC (Away)

So confirmed so far

12/13th july Spartans tournament , likely to be mostly u20s I'd think

15th July hibs home

19th Berwick away

23rd lochgelly away again mostly u20s

Edited by parsforlife

The championship's newest team will be visiting in pre-season.

@officialdafc: Pre-Season Friendlies: Confirmed so far, Tuesday 15th July v @HibernianFCClub (Home) & Saturday 19th July v @OfficialBRFC (Away)

So confirmed so far

12/13th july Spartans tournament , likely to be mostly u20s I'd think

15th July hibs home

19th Berwick away

23rd lochgelly away again mostly u20s

Great news.

Season Ticket sales update:

Great total so far. Hopefully we can get over the budgeted for total of 1600 by the end of the week and then aim for trying to beat last seasons total of 1800.

COYP! :D:)

Edited by dafcburty

Callum Morris has signed for Dundee United on a two year deal.

Not surprising but although disappointed we couldn't keep him, pleased that he's secured a move to a team like United. I hope he does well there - good player and a terrific guy off the park.

Callum Morris has signed for Dundee United on a two year deal.

Not surprising but although disappointed we couldn't keep him, pleased that he's secured a move to a team like United. I hope he does well there - good player and a terrific guy off the park.

Great move for him.

Mackie is still raging with him for Airdrie away though.

He was our best player in the Championship, yet for some reason couldn't perform to the same levels in this league. Could have been down to a lack of motivation on his part i guess.

Dundee United is a great move though, hope it works out for him.

Disgrace, doesn't know what the club has done for him, I demand a breakdown induced statement from bob garmory , that's what your meant to do when a player leaves isn't it?

its a no-brainer for him, wish him the best of luck.

You forgot to add "he's fkn pish anyway, better off without him" - a la the Hibees when we got Brewster