Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Ryan Thomson should have been fired after the taxi incident, so he's lucky to get a bawling ket alone still be employed by the club.

As for the rest, most managers have their favourites. Also players react diffefently to different methods. Perhaps Jefferies knows that he'll get more reaction from Thomson and Young by roaring at them than he would from Geggan and Falkingham by doing the same thing? He knows the players better than we do

Ryan Thomson should have been fired after the taxi incident, so he's lucky to get a bawling ket alone still be employed by the club.

I'm sure we've all made a complete c**t of ourselves at some point, firing him would have been extreme. I'm happy enough with how it was handled by the club.

Don't remember how I felt at the time but Thommo was definitely lucky to keep his job. Not saying he should have been binned but he fucked up and it got a lot of coverage. Seems he's put his head down and worked hard to improve as a footballer and I'm happy he's in the squad. I think he's definitely improved from a few years ago, although I wonder if being used as an auxiliary striker may have stalled him a little.

JJ seems to go mental at certain players but not others.

Ryan Thompson and Young are definitely two of the players he likes to have a go at.

Geggan and Falkingham can be terrible for weeks and get picked all the time. Ryan scored today the made one bad pass and got slaughtered then hooked.

Dressing room dynamics and politics maybe?

Yesterday was proof of Jefferies constant picking of favourites despite performance.

Ryan changed the game yet again and geggan was anonymous. Buchanan is the captain, was the only organiser yesterday.

Buchanan is the captain, was the only organiser yesterday.

Said this last week. Geggan needs to be dropped. You'd shit yourself getting an earful from Buchanan, should be captain.

JJ has his favourites. Millen has to always be in the starting XI just because Williamson is miles ahead of him at RB why does he have to play out of position?

Said this last week. Geggan needs to be dropped. You'd shit yourself getting an earful from Buchanan, should be captain.

JJ has his favourites. Millen has to always be in the starting XI just because Williamson is miles ahead of him at RB why does he have to play out of position?

I know people are on the attack of JJ(mainly it's the same people as always), but I fully understand him trying to get millen into the starting 11, we missed somebody with a decent delivery last week and without doubt millen provides that. It would have been better to just put him in at left back tho.

As for the calls for captain to be changed, I think it's a ridiculous suggestion, I think the position of captain is pretty limited and it's really a political decision. Leaders step up when needed and as Buchanan proves you don't need an armband to do so. If you give it to Buchanan instead of geggan I think we would see little to no difference.

Edited by parsforlife

What's the general consensus on Jefferies time as the Pars manager?

I have read a fair amount of nonsense lately about people wanting him out etc. I say nonsense because it quite clearly is.

Yes, he has a certain emotional bond with the club - but that's not the only reason he shouldn't be in jeopardy of losing his job. I very much doubt that we would even have been where we are now- without him at the helm.

Winning the league this year is surely his expectation, other than that, he's bound to retire.

I wouldn't swap him for anyone at this stage. Jefferies, Potter and McCaan are a team, and splitting that up would only cause us problems. Jefferies will know the script when he's past it.

Football fans though? What are we like!

Edited by Pars fan

What's the general consensus on Jefferies time as the Pars manager?

I have read a fair amount of nonsense lately about people wanting him out etc. I say nonsense because it quite clearly is.

Yes, he has a certain emotional bond with the club - but that's not the only reason he shouldn't be in jeopardy of losing his job. I very much doubt that we would even have been where we are now- without him at the helm.

Winning the league this year is surely his expectation, other than that, he's bound to retire.

I wouldn't swap him for anyone at this stage. Jefferies, Potter and McCaan are a team, and splitting that up would only cause us problems. Jefferies will know the script when he's past it.

Football fans though? What are we like!

I'd have made a change after the Cowden game but the Chairman was very quick to back him and both he and JJ laid out their ambitions for the season and what would happen if we failed to get promoted. He was under contract anyway wasn't he? The board clearly had faith in him so whilst I didn't agree I respected their decision. They see all the behind the scenes stuff and to let JJ go out and sign guys like Moff shows the faith they have in him. The Morris situation (and Falky for a while too) showed, IMO, a lack of understanding of the league in which we're operating. Every other manager knows he may have to replace the bulk of his team each season and just gets on with utilising the players while they still have them.

Poor performances are probably just a bit harder to accept now because of the squad we've assembled. JJ covers his own back by saying they're young guys and they'll have off-days. Having Ayr, Morton and Forfar all looking decent means that it probably wouldn't take a huge points tally to win this league so whilst I don't mind taking the piss out of JJ now and again for all his gurning and hissy fits there's no need to look to replace him. The goodwill of the financial turmoil is probably wearing off and he just has to accept the flak that comes his way - the same as Duffy, Roberts and Campbell will doubtless get at various points this season.

In a way, it shows we as a club/fanbase are moving on a bit and are not just defined any more by financial turmoil and can concentrate on getting back to the highs and lows of matchdays. When it does "click" on the park we look very decent - I don't know whether it's inexperience, bottle, chopping and changing that causes it but whatever it is our "off days" are frustrating. So long as we keep up the habit of bouncing back from the bad games with a few wins we should be okay this year.

Never have and never will be a fan of JJ's in a footballing sense.Thought he was the wrong choice to replace Mcintyre. Team selections continue to baffle me and have done so for the past two years.Poor track record in big games.

Kudos to the man himself for sticking by us through the hardest time in our history. Would never call for him to go but he'll never win me over.

What are you talking about?!

Maybe without him at the helm we wouldn't be where we are; we could be in The Championship.

Jefferies deserves credit and respect for sticking with us through the shite. But that doesn't shield him from getting called on crap calls. I'm not saying he should be sacked, but I wouldn't be upset if he leaves.

And he'll never be a club legend in my view. I would always view him well for sticking with the club but that's it.

He's fucking hopeless in the dug-out. Two successive relegations and struggling against Forfar and Greenock Morton with a vast superior team.

Was wanting him sacked a month ago, however I think he should be given till the end of January and if we're still hovering he should be gone, we have to win the league this year, no play-off uncertainty nonsense.

He's fucking hopeless in the dug-out. Two successive relegations and struggling against Forfar and Greenock Morton with a vast superior team.

Was wanting him sacked a month ago, however I think he should be given till the end of January and if we're still hovering he should be gone, we have to win the league this year, no play-off uncertainty nonsense.

Can't honestly believe people are still trying to add our relegation from the SPL as one of JJ's failures. We were fucking hopeless before he joined and pretty hopeless afterwards. He didn't stop us going down but you surely can't blame him for the relegation?

Plenty of valid stuff to criticise the man for without going looking for reasons.

That's pretty disrespectful to Forfar and Morton. Forfar were the best team we (Morton) have played in the league so far and Dunfermline found that out also. Your "vast superior team" looked pretty ordinary to this watcher on Saturday. They will have to do a lot better to justify their position as favourites to win the league.