Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Will the board stick with Potter until the end of the season or is there a chance they'll hold their hands up and get someone else in?

Yes. Where is the money coming from to replace him? He'll certainly be gone if things continue in the same veign next season. He is just way out his depth here.

Scully : 7

Paterson : 6

Urquhart : 6

Buchanan : 6

Williamson : 5

McAusland : 6

Thomson :6

Bryne : 5

Hopkirk : 7

Moffat : 7 ( Mom )

Allan : 7

Quite a tough one to be beaten in that game. Brechin clearly exploited our weaknesses. Potter got the team badly wrong today, it beggars belief that Falkingham wasn't starting; and Bryne on the wing, in front of a clearly unfit RWBF. . .? We were having all the joy down the left channel and they were having a field day down our right!

I can't even Blame the team for that tonight - it's a managerial malfunction.

Moffat, is with out a doubt, the best player we have. He was substituted when we were chasing an equaliser? Allan could barely even walk, never mind run!

Williamson starting? Aye, gid wan. . . Clearly not ready for a tough game against the inform team of the league. Had he been brought on later then, yeah, that would have been a good move.

Some of you slate me for not wanting rid of Jefferies.. . But really, would we definitely be no worse of at the moment? Our ' new signings' would have been better with big Jim. I will stand by Potter 100% but he's not gonna make it. He has been thrown in at the deep end and has to continue , but I feel for him because it's been a premature appointment.

Making the playoffs would be an achievement.

Edited by Pars fan

Some of you slate me for not wanting rid of Jefferies.. . But really, would we definitely be no worse of at the moment?

tumblr_m5snerbM4N1r9mp3g.gif

We would be exactly the same as Jefferies couldn't beat Brechin, Forfar or Morton either. Both Jefferies and Potter are clueless muppets, the former however takes a larger share of the blame for what is an absolute disaster of a season.

We should have appointed an actual manager when Jefferies realised he couldn't hack it anymore.

Edit: Also Scully and Buchanan are our best players. How anyone can suggest otherwise is hilarious. If our best player is seemingly a guy who was signed as a striker and has one goal in his last 22 games then lord help us.

Edited by Parscelona

If you don't realise that Potter and McCaan were running the team before jefferies quit then. . ? Of course a tried and weathered manager would have been better than Potter but, sadly, it wasn't an option. Scully is excellent. Only Rab Douglas is better. ( He's not our player though) Buchanan, yes - he's very good but definitely not I'm the same calibre as Moffat. Moffat scored a rake of goals with Ayr but how many were not penalties!? Poor team selection is costing us. It's as simple as that.

If you don't realise that Potter and McCaan were running the team before jefferies quit then. . ? Of course a tried and weathered manager would have been better than Potter but, sadly, it wasn't an option.

That's pure speculation on your behalf. Jefferies held the title as manager and should be accountable for the large part he's played in what we are witnessing now.

Buchanan, yes - he's very good but definitely not I'm the same calibre as Moffat.

:lol: My word.

That'll be why Buchanan will be playing at a higher level next season and Moffat has and never will amount to anything more than an average League One player.

That's pure speculation on your behalf. Jefferies held the title as manager and should be accountable for the large part he's played in what we are witnessing now.

:lol: My word.

That'll be why Buchanan will be playing at a higher level next season and Moffat has and never will amount to anything more than an average League One player.

Well, we'll just have to wait and see then. Out of interest, are you one of the fans who belive that Buchanan is better than Morris?

If people can't see what Moffat brings to the team then they are completely and utterly clueless. Any chance of us taking anything from the game last night left the pitch with Michael Moffat.

He is the most intelligent player we have and he is always moving looking for the ball. Hence, why after we came on against Airdrie and Forfar we looked a lot better and after he went off last night we looked a lot worse. Barrowman isn't the Messiah some people think he is. He did absolutely f**k all last night. His kit is probably still spotless.

The reason for Moffat's poor return goals wise is that he is having to drop far too deep to get possession because he isn't getting any service because of the stupid fucking formation.

Edited by GordieBoy80

...and also because he's missed a fair amount of complete sitters. The recent miss against Stranraer gives me nightmares. Agree that he does good work around the pitch but the chances he's missed have been ridiculous at times. We saw he had the ability to score early in the season but his heed's obviously gone in regards to finishing. Even his goal the other week (his only one in 20-odd games, christ!) was deflected in.

Barrowman is a carthorse but at least he has the ability to bludgeon the ball over the line occasionally. Moff seems scared to get in positions to score unless he's done all the hard work himself.

Geggan and Falkingham are the two biggest let downs this season. Unbelievable that they've performed so badly after being key players for the previous two seasons. Geggan in particular was crucial last season. This season he's hardly even deserved a game.

Edited by JF-DAFC

Well, we'll just have to wait and see then. Out of interest, are you one of the fans who belive that Buchanan is better than Morris?

Morris got in the team of the year when we were in the First Division. I would argue Buchanan's performing better at this level than Morris did last season, however the latter proved he's already capable of playing at a higher level, hence why he got a move to Dundee United.

Is Buchanan, Scottish Premiership quality? I don't think he's too far away, although i am expecting a Championship side to pick him up for next season.

Morris got in the team of the year when we were in the First Division. I would argue Buchanan's performing better at this level than Morris did last season, however the latter proved he's already capable of playing at a higher level, hence why he got a move to Dundee United.

Is Buchanan, Scottish Premiership quality? I don't think he's too far away, although i am expecting a Championship side to pick him up for next season.

Football is all about opinions, that's what makes it such an intriguing sport. . .Buchanan would get nowhere near a premier league team at the moment, he's certainly decent for us just now but I even doubt he'll be at a championship team next season. Like the rest of the players - I feel he's being held back by poor management. Buchanan has barely scored a goal for us and with Airdrie last season he was one of their main threats. He does have potential though and I do like him.

It's such a frustrating time to be a pars fan just now. We're stuck with an amateur manager who has been thrown in at the deep end. What is the answer? We can't sack him, so we have to just live in hope that a drastic U - turn happens. Obviously promotion is still possible but I doubt it very much. I'm just writing this season off and hope we can implement a better strategy at our next attempt.

I wish Potter all the best; but if we don't at least finish the season battling and scrapping for everything, then he has to go back to the under 20s in my opinion. A whole new approach will have to be looked at.

On last night's showing, Moffat looks a decent player. It's when you factor in the months of horror misses that the case for him playing at a better level starts to crumble. He's not the only Par who has been hopeless in front of goal though so maybe the fault partly lies with the coaching/management? Scored for fun at Ayr, probably scores for fun in training, can't score for our first team.

Buchanan looks like he'd comfortably step up a level or even two levels. I don't think he's in the same malaise as the rest. I'd like him to be here next year but would be pleased for him to move onwards and upwards. Liked the look of Hoppy & Cozzy (can't beat a good football nickname) but a fresh start next season and a major clearout is probably the only solution