Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Millen is good at penalties and is OK at defending. That's it. We have plenty of players in this team that can take corners and free-kicks with just as good deliveries as what Millen provides. If you can't do that, which is a basic part of football, you wouldn't be playing anywhere above amateur level.

Anyone who was at Ayr for the last game would have seen how utterly woeful our ball in from corners was with Ross Millen not in the team. Ross Forbes sometimes took them in recent times and wasn't too bad, and the same with Josh Falkingham now and again. Anyone apart form those three who has attempted them has been woeful so the majority of our squad must be no better than amateur level accoridng to that logic.

Also, bizarre comment above about the team being unbalanced because Milen crosses from deep despite having a winger in front of him. Seriously, look at the shape of the team in these situations. When he crosses from deep, usually there isn't a Pars player near to him, for the simple reason that it's set up to receive a cross from a deep position. Because that's what he's best at in attack. We haven't played much with real wingers this season, so when it goes wide to Ross Millen on the right in the opposition half, the player on the right side of a usually narrow midfield tends to drift further inside leaving it set up for the cross from deep, but with no cover behind. Despite this, he gets pelters every time from folk going radge at him to 'take him on', even though it would be utterly ridiculous for hi to do so in those situations because of the lack of cover.

Edited by Socks

You honestly thought I meant Williamson never played at all, ever? Hint of autism if you're taking things that literally. Or you were just being awkward and pedantic, of course.

Also, I must have been looking away on purpose during those games as he's been an empty jersey most of the games I've been to.

So the guy on nearly every set piece sets up a goal every four games or so? That's superb.

Would explain a lot.

Anyone who was at Ayr for the last game would have seen how utterly woeful our ball in from corners was with Ross Millen not in the team. Ross Forbes sometimes took them in recent times and wasn't too bad, and the same with Josh Falkingham now and again. Anyone apart form those three who has attempted them has been woeful so the majority of our squad must be no better than amateur level accoridng to that logic.

Also, bizarre comment above about the team being unbalanced because Milen crosses from deep despite having a winger in front of him. Seriously, look at the shape of the team in these situations. When he crosses from deep, usually there isn't a Pars player near to him, for the simple reason that it's set up to receive a cross from a deep position. Because that's what he's best at in attack. We haven't played much with real wingers this season, so when it goes wide to Ross Millen on the right in the opposition half, the player on the right side of a usually narrow midfield tends to drift further inside leaving it set up for the cross from deep, but with no cover behind. Despite this, he gets pelters every time from folk going radge at him to 'take him on', even though it would be utterly ridiculous for hi to do so in those situations because of the lack of cover.

Wasn't our first goal scored from a short corner?

Would explain a lot.

Great post mate.

Yes, I might be suggesting that in a team of professional footballers Millen is the only one that can take a free kick, or corner or whatever.... If he's as bad as everyone is making out, why isn't anyone else stepping up and taking them? Because they're absolutely rotten! I'm sure I've Falky, Whittle, Wallace & others all try and take set pieces in Millen's absence and nobody can even beat the first man ffs.

I dont think millen is the answer but the delivery from george today was terrible. He was bought down and injured and then stood up when we were a goal down to discover that there was nobody around willing to take the free kick. Thats really not a good sign at all. How can we train full time and not know who is taking set pieces? Farce.

Can I ask you. If you were a neutral fan with no idea of what team was what who would you think was part time and had just sacked a manager. Honestly I would say Dunfermline.

Scully decent keeper

Geggan poor right back

Buchanan ok till injured

Martin didnt win a header all day long far too soft

Whittle has lost confidence

Spence lost the first goal

Mcausland worse than ryan t scored a great goal but easily bullied in midfield

Falkingham missing

Hopkirk missing

Goerge good on the ball cant cross and cant find a pass

Moffat carried into a taxi in ayr pissed last week but held up the ball well this week. Poor penalty.

Barrowman skill of a fish but scored two missed a sitter.

Fais made a difference. Needs more time. Too easily brushed off the ball like most of the team.

Edited by D.A.F.C

Can I ask you. If you were a neutral fan with no idea of what team was what who would you think was part time and had just sacked a manager. Honestly I would say Dunfermline.

Scully decent keeper

Geggan poor right back

Buchanan ok till injured

Martin didnt win a header all day long far too soft

Whittle has lost confidence

Spence lost the first goal

Mcausland worse than ryan t scored a great goal but easily bullied in midfield

Falkingham missing

Hopkirk missing

Goerge good on the ball cant cross and cant find a pass

Moffat carried into a taxi in ayr pissed last week but held up the ball well this week. Poor penalty.

Barrowman skill of a fish but scored two missed a sitter.

Fais made a difference. Needs more time. Too easily brushed off the ball like most of the team.

U know we won eh?

Pretty sure a neutral would pick the side that dominated the latter stages as the full time side. You might say dunfermline, but that's because you're negative and melodramatic. As said, you do know we won?

The players left nothing? They never got started and were bullied and second to nearly every ball all day. We played well for ten mins and even then we didnt play much football and had to rely and three goals out of nothing. Its great that we won obviously but we are kidding ourselves on if the manager or players think that was acceptable.

Pretty sure a neutral would pick the side that dominated the latter stages as the full time side. You might say dunfermline, but that's because you're negative and melodramatic. As said, you do know we won?

Judging by the highlights we didnt really dominate in the last few mins. They had as many chances as us.

I dont know why they wasted time too becuase every time that number 7 came at us we were lost.

The players left nothing? They never got started and were bullied and second to nearly every ball all day. We played well for ten mins and even then we didnt play much football and had to rely and three goals out of nothing. Its great that we won obviously but we are kidding ourselves on if the manager or players think that was acceptable.

You could find the negatives in getting your end away with Cheryl Cole neebur

I didnt moan about it. Just posted an opinion which I was attacked for yet again.

Obviously since we nearly folded fans are very precious and protective about the club but lets not get into a situation that allows for incompetence or waste of resources. He last time that happened.... If you think that type of performance and many others this season are value for money in terms of budget and resources then please send me the drugs you are on. Most of the posts and threads on dot net these days read like something out of north korea. Yes lets be positive and encourage the team but when its deserved. Something I do every week while many others around me boo and shout pish all the time or leave early.

Edited by D.A.F.C