Walking Down The Halbeath Road

That really is an incredible signing for our level. A real statement of intent. 3 or 4 more signigns on that level, and we're absolute booming going in to next season. LB/LWB, CM to challenge and an attacker would be my initial guesses, that's assuming Edwards is definitely leaving, which looks likely. If Oxford are still genuinely interested, he'll be offski there no danger. 

Great signing. Genuinely really pleased to get him in on a 2 year deal. We looked a much better team when he was on the park, exactly the type of player we need.

4 hours ago, HoBNob said:

No need for ointment. 

0_Dunfermline-Athletic-v-Partick-Thistle-Cinch-Scottish-Championship.thumb.jpg.6be8202f0ff8302e0c79b9f1d4886a5e.jpg

0_Screenshot-2021-12-23-at-101901-1.png.5d57daf15624452da1495e8013daadf2.png

JAYSUSS, the last time I had horrendous flashbacks like this was in the 70’s, and that was LSD induced. I’m sure I speak for almost all Pars fans when I say “please never remind us of these people again” 

2 hours ago, Well over Par said:

Both failed as managers here and Hughes was an erse but Grant was at least a gentleman.

I spent time in Grants company st a social event many years ago, he was indeed a gentleman.

Posted (edited)

I felt sorry for Peter Grant. I didn’t want him as manager before he was announced and not once did that change, but I think even he knew that he wasn’t the fans choice, was probably a lonely old time for him, he seems like a decent bloke. The old CV shout was wild though, comments like that are what got peoples backs up and what he’s remembered for now.

Same with Yogi, I have no ill feeling towards him. The difference with Yogi is that he’s who I wanted before we appointed Grant, so I was quite happy initially.

Edited by The Toun Clock

22 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

If Yogi got the gig that Summer instead of Grant I doubt we'd have been relegated.

I’m of the same mind Rab. Who knows, but I don’t think we’d have ended up with half the sh*t that came through the door that summer.

It will be difficult to replace a player like Edwards if a half decent six figure bid comes in. Extremely reliable, rarely gets injured had 4 goals 9 assists in all competitions this season in a team that has struggled to score goals. 

He absolutely deserves the chance to kick on and play at a higher level with better players. 

27 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

If Yogi got the gig that Summer instead of Grant I doubt we'd have been relegated.

I must admit I was pleased when we appointed Yogi,  and didn’t ever want Grant. I was stunned that we gave him the Pars hot seat after getting his team relegated, so to that end I don’t think I’d ever have been happy with him unless he came in and proved me/us wrong by ripping the league up. It never happened though and I thought he got longer than the results said he should. 
History now though, I’m buzzing about our first signing and hope we keep with that standard of players coming in.