Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Yes, it does sound daft but that game was basically the same highlights package of the season from January onwards. Sloppy goals, poor tactics and weak inept players. We didn't learn our lessons at all, even when we were winning there was lots dodgy comeback games where we were relying on turnarounds.

Analogy would be watching some daft wee kid doing tricks on a bmx and only just pulling them off then to finally watch him crash into a wall at the end of the race. A good manager would have spotted the mistakes from the Alloa game and corrected them but a year later we are still making them.

The first six months of last season covered up lots of mistakes and poor management. How many games did we concede daft goals in? Most of them probably.

No buying it, you can't say we simply rode our luck for the whole first half of last season. We played some great stuff at times throughout last season.

Last season, although we were quite shite at the back and conceeded a lot, going forward, we were ruthless and played some good football. Even at the start of February, 2nd was secure and ever since we curtailed, took that form into the play-offs and we all know what happened next.

Look at the February league results. That was our best month of the season. So no idea where this 'after January' and 'half of the season' stuff is coming from. After February we played 10 games, losing 4, drawing 4 and winning 2.

Remember we beat Stranraer 3-0 in the playoffs as well.

It sounds to me that D.A.F.C. didn't actually go to many games last season seeing as he keeps inventing bullshit.

Edited by DA Baracus

February 2014 results;

East Fife 1 - 3 Pars

Forfar 2 - 4 Pars

Pars 3 - 0 Ayr

Pars 3 - 0 Arbroath

If teams really 'sussed us out', why did we only lose 4 games after January until the end of the season? I think once 2nd place was all but assured, the team stopped performing. There was definitely some complacency. The intensity wasn't there. This saw us put in a poor display in the first leg against Stranraer. We picked it up in the 2nd leg then, despite it being a terrible game, matched Cowden at Central Park. We all know of the hideous, embarrassing arse collapse in the final 2nd leg of course.

Must've imagined us getting beat in quite a few games only to come back and win late on?

There was lots of games we got late winners, injury time winners even and massive comebacks. It was all hiding our poor defence and tactical ineptitude.

Teams sat off us and were maybe intimidated by EEP and our name only to then realise we were actually terrible and when they put pressure on us instead of parking the bus results started changing.

Nope. You're talking utter shite.

Also are you saying scoring late winners is the mark of a pish team? You've somehow made it sound bad to score late winners.

Edited by DA Baracus

Also yes, you must have imagined all those late winners. Out of 36 league games last season, we scored late winners 5 times.

24/08/13 vs Stenhousemuir (the 4-5 game, think it was the 91st minute or something like that we scored the winner)

21/09/13 vs Airdrie (86th minute winner)

09/11/13 vs Stenhousemuir (90th minute winner)

02/01/14 vs Stenhousemuir (90th minute winner)

29/03/14 vs Brechin (90th minute winner)

So in roughly 14% of all our games last season, we scored late winners.

You seem to think that when you are called on your pish, people are saying that we are actually playing well and there are no problems and that we are happy with the shite on the pitch this season. Point out a single example where I've said that.

What is it that I'm supposed to be sweeping by using facts to point out that once more you are talking utter shite? It's you that's doing the sweeping after your nonsense has once again been blown apart.

Edited by DA Baracus

My recollection of last season was that 2nd place was pretty much sewn up by February and your mob took the foot off the pedal prior to the playoffs.

Unfortunately the foot is still off the pedal this season...

My recollection of last season was that 2nd place was pretty much sewn up by February and your mob took the foot off the pedal prior to the playoffs.

Unfortunately the foot is still off the pedal this season...

That about covers it but you can't beat a good rammy over old news.

So long as the foot isn't off the gas so much that we get sucked into the relegation playoffs I'll just be happy to look forward to next season.

I stand by my post on dot net. Preseason last year I actually predicted us to finish 8th, and after Arbroath beat us 3-2 I was ready for a slog that never materialised really last season but has done so this year. We're using young players who really should get rested here and there, it's easy to forget how young the likes of Scully, Williamson, Millen and even Whittle are.

To pur things in context again, we had just received 3 consecutive defeats including the 5-1 pumping in Stranraer and Brechin are now 16 games undefeated in the league.

What is unacceptable about getting an away draw against the form team in the league? When you are on a run of form like we are you take any point you get.

Yes, it wasn't pretty at times but in this sometimes you have to ditch the pretty stuff. The vast majority of the people whinging about the result on Tuesday weren't at the game so their opinion is worthless to me though.

I saw enough there on Tuesday to be encouraged that we won't be dragged into the relegation fight, the season is more or less over but there is something to build on. Lewis Allan impressed me with his strength holding the ball up and he usually had 2/3 defenders around him.

Edited by GordieBoy80

I had a look and our squad's average age is very similar to Airdrie, Morton and Ayr's. Therefore this young players argument is completely invalid so can we please stop using that as an excuse to cover up what is a pathetic season?

I had a look and our squad's average age is very similar to Airdrie, Morton and Ayr's. Therefore this young players argument is completely invalid so can we please stop using that as an excuse to cover up what is a pathetic season?

I don't recall any of those sides having to throw kids into a relegation battle long before they were ready for first team football.

Ages of Morton team that started v Stirling on Tuesday:

Gaston 27

Kilday 23

Crighton 24

Milojevic 24

Russell 19

Forbes 27

McKee 22

O'Ware 21

McCluskey 24

McManus 20

Caldwell 21

Subs

MacDonald 34

McCluskey 27

Lamie 21

Scullion 19

Adam 23

Look at Airdrie, they seem to be able to work wonders on young players despite only training part time. Would love Bollan as the next manager. He could improve the youth setup drastically IMO.

We have a team playing SPL sides and training full time but Buchanan seems miles ahead of them despite coming from the juniors. Are we just throwing away money on our youth setup atm?

We have a manager, who is feeling the pain like everyone else. Every 2 mins banging on about full-time v part-time .............And how would Bollan improve the youth system. Dunfermline don't hav a youth system? You really don't have a clue. There are so many good people at the club knocking their pan in to make improvements on and off the pitch. It's easy to have a pop, you should try supporting your team?