Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Fella at the game on .net saying Iain Davidson is a trialist. Sean Murdoch and David Hutton as your keepers is rather concerning...

Why? Because he once made a mistake against Hacken?

Why? Because he once made a mistake against Hacken?

Exactly. He was thrown in at the deep end that night, it was maybe good character building for him. . .

It was some mess though, that goal. I wonder when, or if ever, we'll get a European night at East end park again!

Exactly. He was thrown in at the deep end that night, it was maybe good character building for him. . .

It was some mess though, that goal. I wonder when, or if ever, we'll get a European night at East end park again!

In short, never.

I don't really know much about Murdoch now, and I doubt many others do either, he's most known for that mistake but IIRC he did fine in the few games he played after before Gallagher came. I don't think we can really say much on that given it was 8 years ago.

Lad was only 21 at the time.

Hasn't played a lot of first team football since, right enough. Hamilton and Accrington about it.

Some lad by the name of JJ Hooper played up front for us tonight and scored. Apparently.

So, according to someone on .net, the trialists that started were Sean Murdoch, Iain Davidson and JJ Hooper.

JJ Hooper had an excellent goalscoring record last season in the English Conference. Doubt our league is much a step up from that if at all.

So, according to someone on .net, the trialists that started were Sean Murdoch, Iain Davidson and JJ Hooper.

JJ Hooper had an excellent goalscoring record last season in the English Conference. Doubt our league is much a step up from that if at all.

jj hooper was just on trial at inverness, scored 20 in 29 for Havant & waterloovile

Ryan Finnie is possibly the RB trialist who came on in the second half, according to .net. I'm surprised it's a RB on trial though tbh. If AJ is looking for another full back, then it's cover at LB we need, IMO.

Good to see Wallace and Paton back from injury with Moff and Faiss also scoring. Only negative is Lewis Martin not being involved - I'm guessing he's injured again, which ain't great news as he had just returned to training after hurting his back I believe, meaning we currently only have 2 fit CB's and Potter. Davidson would be exactly what we are needing in midfield and a great signing, but his versatility to play CB too is also a big reason I hope we sign him. Covers the CB position, which we need, while also being able to be the experienced defensive midfielder that we need too. JJ Hooper sounds good and his YouTube video ain't too bad either but I don't think a striker is top of the priority list atm. We definitely need a fourth one in but Wallace, Faissal and Moffat and more than competent enough to carry us through the next couple of games. No point rushing into a decision on Hooper or any other striker, for me. Our main priorities atm are another GK, CB / LB cover and a defensive midfielder. After that, a striker and winger would be great but not necessarily a necessity IMO as we are well stocked in those positions, even in the U20s: E.G James Thomas is a decent young striker who can fill in on the bench if needed.

Looking forward to getting back to EEP for the Hibs game on Saturday. Be interesting to see who, if any, trialists play in this match or if we start to focus on our strongest 11 and get as many 90 mins as possible into them with the first competitive game next up.

Having a good keeper doesn't win you anything. If it did we'd be far closer to the title with Scully in goal. I've no idea how good or bad this Hutton guy is but he's only part of the squad.

Having a good keeper doesn't win you anything. If it did we'd be far closer to the title with Scully in goal. I've no idea how good or bad this Hutton guy is but he's only part of the squad.

Alternatively having a good keeper saved you from relegation.

You really notice good keepers when the rest of the team is pish because they get lots of opportunity to shine. There were games we won last season where our keeper was man of the match. Dread to think how few points we'd have picked up without Thomson in goal.

How many times did Scully significantly contribute to a result last season? Thats points you might not pick up this season.

Ryan Finnie is possibly the RB trialist who came on in the second half, according to .net. I'm surprised it's a RB on trial though tbh. If AJ is looking for another full back, then it's cover at LB we need, IMO.

Good to see Wallace and Paton back from injury with Moff and Faiss also scoring. Only negative is Lewis Martin not being involved - I'm guessing he's injured again, which ain't great news as he had just returned to training after hurting his back I believe, meaning we currently only have 2 fit CB's and Potter. Davidson would be exactly what we are needing in midfield and a great signing, but his versatility to play CB too is also a big reason I hope we sign him. Covers the CB position, which we need, while also being able to be the experienced defensive midfielder that we need too. JJ Hooper sounds good and his YouTube video ain't too bad either but I don't think a striker is top of the priority list atm. We definitely need a fourth one in but Wallace, Faissal and Moffat and more than competent enough to carry us through the next couple of games. No point rushing into a decision on Hooper or any other striker, for me. Our main priorities atm are another GK, CB / LB cover and a defensive midfielder. After that, a striker and winger would be great but not necessarily a necessity IMO as we are well stocked in those positions, even in the U20s: E.G James Thomas is a decent young striker who can fill in on the bench if needed.

Looking forward to getting back to EEP for the Hibs game on Saturday. Be interesting to see who, if any, trialists play in this match or if we start to focus on our strongest 11 and get as many 90 mins as possible into them with the first competitive game next up.

Just how big do you think the budget is? The days of having loads of cover in every position are over. We have to accept that we might be short in some areas.

The team we have now is (despite not playing a competitive match yet) far more solid defensively than what we had last year, we seem to be now flying into challenges we were only dreaming of last season, I don't think Hutton will be a Scully-esque signing in terms of needing him to pull us through games. Our attack should be the thing to pull us through this year with our defence doing most, if not all, of the dirty work.

Just how big do you think the budget is? The days of having loads of cover in every position are over. We have to accept that we might be short in some areas.

Seing as AJ has said he wants to get another 4/5 players in it was probably acceptable to list 3 positions tbh.

DA Baracus:

I know the budget is tight, that's why I said versatility is key in signings to cover positions we need under one wage.

We need, still, IMO:

GK x 1

CB x 1

LB x 1

CM x 1

Winger x 1

Striker x 1

6 positions. 4 or 5 new signings. If you get a couple of utility players (e.g Iain Davidson) then it is more than possible. I don't think I'm being unrealistic in what I'm saying. Budget is for maximum 20 first team players, we currently have 15 so still enough budget left to bring in these players in the positions listed above. Furthermore, I also said that certain positions aren't a necessity, IMO, e.g striker.

Edited by dafcburty

Good news, brian is threatening to chuck dotnet because someone took the piss out of his car.

No more dotnet ????????????

Topic Originator: brian

Date: Thu 16 Jul 11:26

I think today is a watershed, I've had enough of the bullies, trolls, snide comments over the years on this web site.

it looks like even a simple car sale on the Pars Trading Floor is no safe haven.

so therefore I now announce that I intend to stop all my work on dafc.net and for the football club. I won't give anybody the satisfaction of getting onto admin as dafc.net forums, so they will also close. I would not trust you to behave with respect.

I'm sure that will keep you happy now.

http://www.dafc.net/index2.php?ID=3306&CATEGORY2=1-News

http://dafc.info/forum/read.php?f=3&i=27629&t=27629

:lol: Outstanding.