Walking Down The Halbeath Road

In the grans scheme of league 1 signings it's pretty incredible, better than any other signing made in the league so far.

No offence but I think you maybe need a wee lie down.

He's signed for a 1st division team for a reason. Decent signing as he might look, I didn't see loads of other teams in for him.

Where is all your money coming from haha? Cardle will be on a decent wage. AJ wouldn't step down into league one if he wasn't getting a no bad wage aswell. Talk of Davo going to you's also so there's another decent wage haha. Once against you's are shooting yourselves in the foot to try and get out a division you's will still make an a**e of and end up coming second to cowden and losing the play offs again. I'll be back in May????

Anyway, you guys need to make your mind up. Either Cardle isn't that good which is why he's signed for a League 1 club (1st Division no longer exists and when it did it was the league above) or we're going in to debt to pay for his wages (ignore that the club has no access to credit facilities).

It absolutely has to be one of those extremes. Clearly there are no other factors.

So which is it?

Edited by DA Baracus

Where is all your money coming from haha? Cardle will be on a decent wage. AJ wouldn't step down into league one if he wasn't getting a no bad wage aswell. Talk of Davo going to you's also so there's another decent wage haha. Once against you's are shooting yourselves in the foot to try and get out a division you's will still make an a**e of and end up coming second to cowden and losing the play offs again. I'll be back in May

Any chance of tomorrows lottery numbers? Obviously blessed with psychic powers.

Could it be better crowds and bonuses for winning league.

Seem to remember Rovers pulling a fast one on crowd amount and a donation to us which our crowd apparently never reached.Busy day that but not according to someone from Kirkcaldy.So you took a big donation from us and stuck two fingers up.

Could it be better crowds and bonuses for winning league.

Seem to remember Rovers pulling a fast one on crowd amount and a donation to us which our crowd apparently never reached.Busy day that but not according to someone from Kirkcaldy.So you took a big donation from us and stuck two fingers up.

Exactly how it should have been. Deserved nothing from us or anyone for that matter. Got yourselves into those problems by paying crazy wages and signing players to win a division we took to the wire on a threadbare budget. You's have done it once and you's will do it again.

I'll be back in May

Exactly how it should have been. Deserved nothing from us or anyone for that matter. Got yourselves into those problems by paying crazy wages and signing players to win a division we took to the wire on a threadbare budget. You's have done it once and you's will do it again.

Posts an hour later :lol:

Where is all your money coming from haha? Cardle will be on a decent wage. AJ wouldn't step down into league one if he wasn't getting a no bad wage aswell. Talk of Davo going to you's also so there's another decent wage haha. Once against you's are shooting yourselves in the foot to try and get out a division you's will still make an a**e of and end up coming second to cowden and losing the play offs again. I'll be back in May

Released 18 players, and (so far) signed 7. And you're wondering where the money is coming from? Did you go to school?! AJ going for quality over quantity. Got rid of some of our higher earners, and a lot of the low-paid squad players. Now he's signing a much smaller amount of decent players with the budget left over. Or is that too complicated for you? No doubt you'll try and cover up your lack of understanding with the excuse of 'trolling' or 'looking for a bite'...

Released 18 players, and (so far) signed 7. And you're wondering where the money is coming from? Did you go to school?! AJ going for quality over quantity. Got rid of some of our higher earners, and a lot of the low-paid squad players. Now he's signing a much smaller amount of decent players with the budget left over. Or is that too complicated for you? No doubt you'll try and cover up your lack of understanding with the excuse of 'trolling' or 'looking for a bite'...

Like you've said "so far" so surely you'll be due atleast another 4-5 players in. The likes of Murdoch, Paton, Cardle, Talbot and fordyce will be on a lot more than the players you've released. You've still Wallace, falkingham, Moffat and a few other on the books that will make a decent wage so I'm pretty sure your wage bill will be more next season considering the signings you've made that have all dropped down a league. You don't drop down leagues for less money in this day and age. Let's face it, once again you's are spending money you's clearly don't have. And Davo was being offered silly money abroad so surely you's are dangling some sort of carrot for him to consider not leaving to go there and join you's.

Like you've said "so far" so surely you'll be due atleast another 4-5 players in. The likes of Murdoch, Paton, Cardle, Talbot and fordyce will be on a lot more than the players you've released. You've still Wallace, falkingham, Moffat and a few other on the books that will make a decent wage so I'm pretty sure your wage bill will be more next season considering the signings you've made that have all dropped down a league. You don't drop down leagues for less money in this day and age. Let's face it, once again you's are spending money you's clearly don't have. And Davo was being offered silly money abroad so surely you's are dangling some sort of carrot for him to consider not leaving to go there and join you's.

AJ mentioned 4 or 5 players before the signings today. That now makes it 2 or 3. No clubs outside the top 6 in Scotland have much money at all. We have higher average attendances than most Championship clubs, as well as our Lifeline scheme, which generates an additional £200k per year for the club. That means that we can afford to match, if not beat, wages offered by the majority of clubs in the league(s) above us.

You're using Talbot and Fordyce as examples. Livingston's average attendances over the last few years have been around the 1,000 mark I believe. Which suggests their players won't be on very much at all, for a full time club. Same goes with Paton from QotS. Murdoch has never been first choice keeper anywhere and has recently been playing the equivalent of Juniors football in the U.S. - so I don't think he'll command ridiculous wages. So I find it hard to see how you've come to this conclusion... Or are you telling me that every single club in Scotland apart from your beloved Raith are overspending? Barrowman, Buchanan, McAusland and Paterson were some of our top earners, I believe, along with those mentioned by you. This freed up that money.

Being in a lower league, doesn't mean we automatically have less income. Majority of income comes from the size of fan base (ticket sales, merchandise sales). As I say, we do have a larger amount of ticket sales, and going by the attendance at the kit launch, probably more kits sold.

We also recently signed a lucrative sponsorship deal with SRJ Windows. This has resulted in them having advertising in the dugouts, outside the stadium and on the shirts. Again, this provides decent income. Funnily enough, more income means we have more money available to spend.

Yep, only 2, maybe 3 at best, players to come in. That's us up to 17 first team players, compared to 25 which we ended with last season: definitely quality over quantity. CM (hopefully Davidson who can then cover CB too which saves a wage), striker and if budget allows, left back cover is what I think we need and what I'd like to see. The budget was for no more than 20 first team players - it looks like AJ is on target to meet that number, while also bringing in some real quality and competition to vital areas too.

He's quite obviously trolling. Just ignore him and his predictable patter (he'll now say something about 'head in the sand' I imagine).

Or maybe ask him about Claude Anelka's time at Raith. Let's face it, they spent money they didn't have and they'll do it again