Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Same guy, JJ Hooper.

Thought as much, as we only had one listed trialist. Who is this guy then?

ETA: Just been announced on Twitter that Fordyce has been appointed by AJ as captain.

Edited by smpar

Thought we looked pretty good today, was very impressed by Fais, got in behind the back line several times, chuffed that he got himself a goal. Stupid challenge by Talbot, hopefully a one off, getting that sort of nonsense out of the way before the season starts. I thought Geggan looked poor once again. He frustrates me the most out of our team.

Geggan has been poor for over a year. He had to be placed at left back today, which we all know isn't his best position (remember his competitive debut against Forfar?). If we put him in a more attacking midfield role, he could be lethal. He was unplayable at times before the shit hit the fan in season 12-13. Hopefully we can get him back playing like that again.

Who was the defender trialist? Was it Ryan Finnie again?

I didn't get a good view of the red card but I was disappointed that the referee didn't suggest to Johnston to take him off as opposed to getting the red card out. The reaction of the Hibs players did seem to help him make up his mind.

That was disappointing but I also thought we competed well for the 70 odd minutes we were a man short for. There's no doubt Hibs controlled the match but I was pleased to see us continue to try and play passing football. Josh had a good game in midfield and I like the look of Big Ben and Fordyce. Cardle immediately gets people on the edge of their seat but Faissal deserved his goal; in the second half particularly he did well.

Sean Murdoch though was terrific - not only with a lot of the saves but at set pieces he commanded his box pretty well. Nothing he could do about Allan's goal (well done to the ref for spotting his dive, though he should've booked him for the same thing in the first) and their second was well worked. A lot of positives in that for me today.

The red card. Aye, was a foul but not a red in a competitive match never mind a friendly. Thought we competed quite well, the move that ended with Faze hitting the inside of the post deserved a goal. Some Hibbie bet me £100 they will finish 20 points ahead of St.Mirren and I said I would take the bet but I won't ever see that boy again...

Edited by GordieBoy80

CowdenLoyal, on 17 Jul 2015 - 21:48, said:

Use got to see a fairly typical display from us when yo'use beat us 3-0 in the play off. Our performances have to improve so drastically that it's hard to be that confident. The new boss certainly seems to know what he's doing but we still have a lot of players left who have not been good enough. Delighted to see us sign Cardle but Cowden are still the team to beat.

We have three players left from the starting side that won so impressively that day. We are not the team to beat for sure. Would be delighted if we could scrape a play off spot, while if the Pars don't stroll this league, it will be a massive failure.

We have three players left from the starting side that won so impressively that day. We are not the team to beat for sure. Would be delighted if we could scrape a play off spot, while if the Pars don't stroll this league, it will be a massive failure.

Yes - 3 of that team now with Premiership clubs and 2 with championship sides

Dot net died a long time ago.

Not been in it for a long time, was once a great site however Brian and his antics killed it.

It's a fans site which should be for fans but it's all about an admins power trip. All respect went during the admin period when he was Mastertons puppet.

Bring on a new site, which is supposedly in the works.