Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Not listened to the song yet (I may change my mind after hearing it) but if it's the players singing then the aim should have been for it to have been as cheesy and shit as humanely possible.

They've certainly managed that, although I only managed 45 seconds of it myself so I don't know if it gets worse than what I've heard.

But did it? The youth coaches are part of the U20 set-up as well. I'm not going to argue about why the money was actually given to the club, I just want to know if it has actually been used for the purpose it was donated for. Apparently it wasn't.

That's a very good question, how can it be proven that the money donated in good faith went to the right place ?

My favourite part is the tiny tears regarding the 'worst case' of only having the Under 20 squad available for matches: other clubs have had to field complete pub-team level players in order to survive, Clyde have fallen through the ranks owing to the shite they could afford as they paid their debt. Not to mention the actual worst case scenario, which is Dunfermline folding, and an all too real prospect given the hopeless levels of debt owed all round.

As much as the title race may well be interesting right now, if the shit hits the fan then performances on the park should be the least of anyone's worries.

Greenie

Dunfermline like other clubs continue to rely on pulling supporters heart strings in the hope of bailing them .Its got to come to and end and its time directors took responsibilty for their financial mismanagement.

If its some future member of the board is feeding someone the info(doesnt auger well) to put out to supporters that its 200k to clear the debt I`d hazard a guess its more than that

Time for a reality check:

http://dafc.info/for...27364&t=1227364

Is the person who posted that actually a Pars fan? 'Best team we've had in 10 years'? I seem to recall a certain era from 2001-2004 being superior. Also 'best manager in 28 years'?! Paton, Calderwood and Leishman (1st time) were all far better.

Of course we do have a very good side and a good manager, but nowhere near the teams and management of certain previous ones.

Also someone posted that the board have told us as much as the Hearts board have told their fans, perhaps even more. I despair that there are some fans who are still so fucking stupid.

Is the person who posted that actually a Pars fan? 'Best team we've had in 10 years'? I seem to recall a certain era from 2001-2004 being superior. Also 'best manager in 28 years'?! Paton, Calderwood and Leishman (1st time) were all far better.

Of course we do have a very good side and a good manager, but nowhere near the teams and management of certain previous ones.

Also someone posted that the board have told us as much as the Hearts board have told their fans, perhaps even more. I despair that there are some fans who are still so fucking stupid.

2001-2004 was just about 10 years ago mate. Not sure if you were trolling or just hadn't realised how old you are!

Apparently the £4k cheque was only handed over today. Presumably, this means the U20 players will get some more money put into their bank accounts at some point this week? Btw, for anyone who hasn't read it on .net - the U20 monthly wage budget is £10.5k!

If that figure is anywhere near true its shocking. That is a shitload of cash for an under 20 squad. What is your breakdown for squads? Ie U21, U19 etc

just to clarify what squads do you have not how much they are paid

Edited by P.C

If that figure is anywhere near true its shocking. That is a shitload of cash for an under 20 squad. What is your breakdown for squads? Ie U21, U19 etc

just to clarify what squads do you have not how much they are paid

According to their site, they have a squad of 19 for the U20s. So that means an average wage of about £450 (if the £10.5K figure is true) per month? Seems an awful lot for a youth squad.