Walking Down The Halbeath Road

How much does running USH cost?

Presumably it'd decrease chances of postponement.

Allegedly the Purvis Group will be fronting the cost of the USH so we don't need to worry about that aspect. Allegedly.

Noticed they're already selling tickets for the new year derby. With a high chance of postponent around this time of year. There is little chance of anyone buying tickets until the day of the match.

Fair point - although it was deemed OK for your own club to employ the exact same tactic 2 months ago to get in some much needed October revenue.

The tickets are on sale early for a number of reasons but I've no doubt the most important one is to get some cash upfront. If the game is postponed & not rescheduled until February, at least the club have some money in their pockets (black hole)

It's really not that difficult a concept to grasp.

According to their site, they have a squad of 19 for the U20s. So that means an average wage of about £450 (if the £10.5K figure is true) per month? Seems an awful lot for a youth squad.

Surely not? I'd be surprised if the average wage of most First Division sides first team was higher than that!

There is no point in me speculating but im sure they have a contingency plan for all possibilities.

Fear I'm being whooshed here because you have to expect trolling, but is that like their contingency plan for not having many home games in November, which saw them only able to pay 37% of players' wages despite knowing that'd be the case since the fixture list came out?

Edit: Re-reading the thread today when I'm not in a hurry as I was last night, I realise I was talking shite to an extent; obviously, I'd imagine that's around the average weekly wage for many First Division sides, not monthly! Over £100 a week is still daft money for youth players though.

Edited by Dunning1874

Surely not? I'd be surprised if the average wage of most First Division sides first team was bigger higher than that!

Fear I'm being whooshed here because you have to expect trolling, but is that like their contingency plan for not having many home games in November, which saw them only able to pay 37% of players' wages despite knowing that'd be the case since the fixture list came out?

"£4k of which has now been handed to the club from the Pars Supporters Trust and Pars Alive to pay 40% of the U20's salaries."

From DAFC.net. So seems legit.

And also just a wee bit insane.

1354648103[/url]' post='6865429']

I reckon we'll be ok but might have to sell in January. I'm sure we could get £100k or so for someone like Falkingham and all will be well.

Now if you had let big Dougie finish him off you would have freed up a wage by now.

Surely not? I'd be surprised if the average wage of most First Division sides first team was bigger higher than that!

"£4k of which has now been handed to the club from the Pars Supporters Trust and Pars Alive to pay 40% of the U20's salaries."

From DAFC.net. So seems legit.

And also just a wee bit insane.

As Mozam has said, the official site seems to have confirmed that figure as true. Absolutely crazy stuff.

I may be wrong with this, but, I'm sure under the "U20" banner are all the youth teams, their coaches and staff, plus the community and Academy of Sport staff. As I said, I may be wrong with this info, but that's how I've interpreted it from what I've read on .net, etc.