Walking Down The Halbeath Road

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=PST_Makes_it_Pitch_Perfect&ID=11078

Cost £5,400 to get the undersoil heating on so that Saturday's game could go ahead.

Pars Supporters Trust paid for it (they've paid for quite a few others things as well).

Finances are very, very tight, and getting rid of the previous management and hiring the new one will have cost a lot, leaving little room to bring in a load of players in the window. Surely folk are getting this stuff now?

Edited by DA Baracus

52 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Cost £5,400 to get the undersoil heating on so that Saturday's game could go ahead.

Pars Supporters Trust paid for it (they've paid for quite a few others things as well).

Finances are very, very tight, and getting rid of the previous management and hiring the new one will have cost a lot, leaving little room to bring in a load of players in the window. Surely folk are getting this stuff now?

How many keepers are you currently paying?

40 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

What's potentially even more embarrassing is that you've spent all your money getting shot of AJ and have conceivably made an even bigger thundercunt of it.

Never go full Falkirk, my friend. Never go full Falkirk. 

Remains to be seen...

5 minutes ago, Mr X said:

How many keepers are you currently paying?

The R word should be banned from this thread.

The path of the Pars man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the playing budgets and the tyranny of Falkirk. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity buckets and good will write offs, shepherds the weak into the valley of East End, for he is truly an additional keeper and the finder of lost defenders. Aberdeen will send a striker down upon thee and with great vengeance and furious anger silence those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Hamish French when I lay My vengeance upon you.

Amen.

The best and funniest thing I’ve read in a long time. Bravo

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Are you suggesting Crawford got a big pay raise? Cause he was already employed.

Maybe the club saying earlier in the season how we have a "competitive advantage" over Morton and Queens was a bit fucking daft if money is "very, very tight"?

20 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

No, but two guys were give some sort of pay off and Shields has been hired and presumably money set aside for the third guy.

That certainly adds up.

Probably a daft idea to give them a two-year deals in hindsight then? Especially if you can't afford to sack them if things go wrong.

Glad they've decided to bring in rolling contracts to avoid this mess in future.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

Looking back they should have rebuilt in the summer under a new management team. If we had kept Aird, Cardle, Clark and Morris we would be in a far better place. I know I’m being hypocritical by saying Morris held the team together but it now looks like he did. Maybe he was making mistakes because he was covering for others. Sitting in the main stand you noticed him actually guiding Williamson through the entire game. We also needlessly got rid of Talbot and M’Voto although clumsy was superior to Durnan and Devine. You have to ask why the captain we just walk away, was it just money? We really had to keep him and Clark more than the management team.

If Crawford keeps us up I’m not really sure he’s the answer long term. We need an older head as an assistant.

I think most of the guys that left (Morris, Aird, Clark, McManus) it was a case of them wanting to go, as they were being offered more money elsewhere. I doubt AJ wanted to punt any of those four. Cardle is the only one we probably could have kept that we seemed to decide to not renew.

Not sure how you can say Talbot's been a miss, since he's ended up playing part-time at Cowden and we have a much better player in that position now, in Jackson Longridge. Also, despite the flack Devine, Ashcroft and Devine have taken, our defensive record really isn't that poor. They're being put under so much pressure because the team isn't scoring enough.

We are 5th in the league for goals against, quite simply we have missed Mr Nicky Clark I might even push the boat out and suggest that Aird and Cardle would have seen us good, but we probably wouldn't have been quite as bad if we hadn't lost L.Longridge and Andy Ryan to long term injury

Either or. Can see us finishing above Alloa, but results need to start improving immediately. Partick and Falkirk are starting to claw their way back and our form really is quite worrying. Hopefully we can pick up some decent points and Morton start dropping a good few so they get dragged in to it as well. 

Quite remarkable how quickly results and optimism can fade. Just a few weeks ago you guys came to TFS and won at a canter. Now you guys appear to be in free fall whilst there optimism here after our 3-0 win and new signings.
The truth is, it can all change with one result either way and I think no one has any idea what’s going to happen next in this league.
Entertaining and shit the bed scary at the same time....

34 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Quite remarkable how quickly results and optimism can fade. Just a few weeks ago you guys came to TFS and won at a canter. 

Falkirk were fucking awful and most Pars fans didn't see it as anything other than beating a dreadful side. We'd won three league games by early October and we've won the same amount again in the following four months. This isn't a sudden drop of form, it's just the terrible sides below us have started to finally put some points on the board.

Also, neither win over Falkirk masks the sheer dismal catastrophe of losing that game at EEP in November.

6 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

now, in Jackson Longridge. Also, despite the flack Devine, Ashcroft and Devine have taken, our defensive record really isn't that poor. They're being put under so much pressure because the team isn't scoring enough.

Of course they're also getting a fair amount of protection from our midfield and the way we set up, in recent years with Morris we've been able to play a higher defensive line while also playing a midfield two which has at times included Wedderburn and Dean Shiels, neither of whom very particularly athletic. As a whole our team shape is that more defensive than last season which has came from the start of the season when it was evident that our centre backs are fucking shite.