Walking Down The Halbeath Road

17 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Are you thinking right down or play offs down?

Either or. Can see us finishing above Alloa, but results need to start improving immediately. Partick and Falkirk are starting to claw their way back and our form really is quite worrying. Hopefully we can pick up some decent points and Morton start dropping a good few so they get dragged in to it as well. 

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You'd be absolutely gutted if we stayed up

Not hugely fussed. If we went down we could start again and this time build a team rather than sign guys up on one year deals.

I think that our current predicament goes back to when AJ started. The short term deals left us open to lots of players just walking away.

You have to look at, no disrespect, Alloa, Livingston, St Mirren, Ayr and others and wonder why they are doing better on half or less the resources we have.

Our captain, top goal scorer, wingers and target man all walked away and we replaced them with rubbish. There is no recovery from this it will take a massive clear out.

What pisses me off is that we got rid of proven guys like mvoto and Cardle and still haven’t replaced them. We’ve now got four useless left midfielders.

This is as bad as potter.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

Not hugely fussed. If we went down we could start again and this time build a team rather than sign guys up on one year deals.

I think that our current predicament goes back to when AJ started. The short term deals left us open to lots of players just walking away.

You have to look at, no disrespect, Alloa, Livingston, St Mirren, Ayr and others and wonder why they are doing better on half or less the resources we have.

Our captain, top goal scorer, wingers and target man all walked away and we replaced them with rubbish. There is no recovery from this it will take a massive clear out.

What pisses me off is that we got rid of proven guys like mvoto and Cardle and still haven’t replaced them. We’ve now got four useless left midfielders.

This is as bad as potter.

St Mirren have less resources than us?

:lol:

Why do you make things up?

A fresh start in League 1? Worked out well for the Wee Team that, didn't it? That could quite easily happen with us. It would be disastrous for us if we go down. Utterly disastrous in terms of finances. 

Start again? Have you any idea how massively it would financially affect us to go down? We'd be even less attractive to sign for than now. We need to stumble into at least 8th his season then try offload all the dross, including those on 2 year deals like Devine and Hippolyte.

Eighth would be pretty miraculous would love it if somehow we can do that.

We need to treat every game like a cup final now and stop making stupid mistakes. On Saturday if Falkirk beat Alloa then I think it’s 25 24 23 22 and then lose to ICT and we could easily be bottom. The fans will turn on the management and the board.

The Patrick, Falkirk and Alloa games are crucial, not sure we have the skill or fight to win them.

I'm not sure we have the quality or ability to pick ourselves up from a set back. If Beadling was fit on Saturday ahead of Vincent (who has done well) I think we might have handled it better.

Getting Beadling fit along with with Ryan and Longridge and maybe Martin back (centre half?) might make the difference.

In the championship they were promoted despite having less resources. It was confirmed on bbc on the ball by a st mirren coach who said they couldn’t match us when offering players a contract.
Go and look it up.

This was talk over Marc macuasland. 1 player who they had released previously and we were quite keen to sign, he ended up signing for neither of us.

St mirren own their stadium and high quality training ground and were receiving parachute payments when in the championship, they is absolutely no way they had worse resources than us.

Livi have repeatedly been given credit for their success, as will Ayr, no complaints they are at high points in their history, but we aren't the only ones they are above , including teams with bigger budgets than us.

Alloa are bellow us...

Just because things aren't right just now doesn't mean you need to jump in two footed and get angry over things that aren't true.

Looking at our fixtures they can almost be split in 3.

4 of our next 5 are winnable and will be massive in our destiny.

Caley(h) ayr(a) partick(h) qots(h) alloa(a)

We then have a tough spell playing Dundee united, county and ayr in successive weeks.

Then another run of games where we can go on a run

Partick, falkirk, queens, Morton and calley.

Get a good few points in the first spell, ride the storm in the 2nd and pick ourselves up and attack the 3rd spell.

A lot easier said than done and maybe a bit happy clappy but if we're going to pull ourselves out this shit it's what we've got to do. And tearing ourselves isn't going to achieve it.

This doesn't mean i don't have absolute fear we 'do a rovers' but the story isn't written in stone, we may as well stand and fight.

I still think it was the right time to bin AJ but maybe Ross should have considered an interview process for the next manager, instead of just giving it to the next person he saw at the stadium that day? I guess we're lucky Mo Hutton isn't in charge tbh. Crawford deserves some more time but he's shown absolutely zilch to make me think he was the right choice. Hopefully he goes on and makes me look daft(er than normal)

Not forgiving the players though, who are either not good enough to play for the club or just simply soft as f**k. We cave so easily when things go against us and it's absolutely pathetic to watch. Yeah, I'm sure the fans don't help with the low confidence levels at times but this squad have been given so much more credit than they deserve. They let AJ take all the flak and now he's gone, they're showing nothing. 

2 wins out of 11 home games, already lost more league games than we did in the whole of last season, we've won back-to-back matches once all season; you could go on and on. Fact is, we should be looking towards the top four or better and instead we've sleepwalked into a relegation dogfight. These guys need to get a grip over this next two weeks and start showing some quality and some fight, because I'd fancy Falkirk, Thistle and even Alloa ahead of us at the minute.

We're right in the relegation dogfight now. I noticed the form table this morning, we're rock bottom and Falkirk, Thistle and Alloa were all in the top half. The only positive I could take is that since Crawford took over, we've played two of the title contenders and not been absolutely battered. We went away to Morton, another mediocre team and didn't lose.

The only aim this season is to stay up, therefore the games Crawford will be judged on are Falkirk, Thistle, Alloa & Morton.

We need to get to the end of the season, staying in the league and then get rid of the utter dross.

Hopefully Bruce and Faiss work well together, they seemed to look pretty good on Saturday. I'm hearing they're flat sharing together as well so that will hopefully be good for their partnership.

Right, serious questions here;

Is Calum Smith actually good? He had a great month or so at the start of last season but what has he done since then? He hasn't really shown anything since. 

I really hope he'll come good, but I think he might not and might actually not be that good.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Right, serious questions here;

Is Calum Smith actually good? He had a great month or so at the start of last season but what has he done since then? He hasn't really shown anything since. 

I really hope he'll come good, but I think he might not and might actually not be that good.

Mid league 1 is about his level, he's got potential to maybe be a championship striker but he's miles off it atm, look at the difference between him, Anderson, Rudden and Keena, he's absolutely miles behind them

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Mid league 1 is about his level, he's got potential to maybe be a championship striker but he's miles off it atm, look at the difference between him, Anderson, Rudden and Keena, he's absolutely miles behind them

Aye, I was worried that this is the case.

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye, I was worried that this is the case.

In our current situation I've wondered if the other youth striker might have been a better shout, he's a bigger lad who wins his fair share in the air. 

I would've had Hyppo on before Smith on Saturday though, grafter he may be but we need a bit more than that. 

Despite that I seen allot to be positive about in the first half and I think we'll beat ICT, I could see the logic behind the subs and I get what he was trying to do, if he didn't make them I reckon we were losing the game anyway.