Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I think most of the guys that left (Morris, Aird, Clark, McManus) it was a case of them wanting to go, as they were being offered more money elsewhere. I doubt AJ wanted to punt any of those four. Cardle is the only one we probably could have kept that we seemed to decide to not renew.
Not sure how you can say Talbot's been a miss, since he's ended up playing part-time at Cowden and we have a much better player in that position now, in Jackson Longridge. Also, despite the flack Devine, Ashcroft and Devine have taken, our defensive record really isn't that poor. They're being put under so much pressure because the team isn't scoring enough.

Two Devines? Was he cloned before the window shut?

What a thought.

6 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

As I mentioned though, they're amazingly not our biggest issue this season, no matter how much Grant tries to bend over backwards to blame them.

What are you gibbering on about? 

Providing that Bruce Anderson stays fit, our centre backs are by far the biggest issue in our team, not far away from that is the big issue at right back. 

Edited by Grant228

But Jimmy Craigen is class at right back?
Said no one. He's done OK but clearly at fault for a few goals there. He's still a decent player though, his goal saving antics against County were better than our efforts at the other end the past month.

4 hours ago, Grant228 said:

What are you gibbering on about? 

Providing that Bruce Anderson stays fit, our centre backs are by far the biggest issue in our team, not far away from that is the big issue at right back. 

Nah, it's not. We've conceded 30 league goals so far; at this stage last season it was 28. An amazing achievement when everyone thinks our defenders are atrocious.

3 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Nah, it's not. We've conceded 30 league goals so far; at this stage last season it was 28. An amazing achievement when everyone thinks our defenders are atrocious.

That stat of course proves absolutely nothing. 

For much of this season, we've had a far, far, far more defensive shape than last season, we started off last season with two wingers, two strikers and a midfield two off Wedderburn and Shiels, even after we jettisoned Shiels we were still playing with two wingers, how many times have we done that this season? 

I'll help you out, at the start of the season when AJ bought his players with a 352/532 in mind it was our absolutely shocking centre defenders the made him revert to a back four with a defensive midfield in front of him. Of course due to AJ thinking that we were going with a three we don't have the wide men to play a four. How did we get on with playing the 352 BTW? Goals conceded etc. 

Last season while we were conceding more goals it was obvious to everyone(apart from you evidently) that it was the lack of legs in midfield and our inability to track runners, not the fault of our centre backs. Hence the signings of Vincent and Beadling. 

Go to games, watch them and it'll be pretty evident our problems at centre back have consequences throughout the team, our midfield has to sit deeper than in previous seasons, and if Higgy isn't having a wonder game we're going to struggle to create with a 3 cobsistening off Beadling, Vincent and Thomson. Even with Craigan in the midfield he was playing as a CDM. 

7 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Apart from the four 0-0 draws, where the defence did its job, but nobody managed to score.

And if we'd played more expansively we might have conceded. 

Considering how Falkirk had to set up there team preceding the January window I'm genuinely shocked this needs explaining to you. 

1 minute ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

I'm genuinely shocked that you are putting it all on the defence given the lack of drive in midfield and the lack of goals in your team, but ok.

You never watched Thomson or Beadling play aye? When you're having to park your midfield so deep though to protect the defence that isn't the problem of the midfield though, that's the problem of the defence. 

The team reminds me of the Jeffries era in that we play one winger and three defensive type midfielders. At least Crawford has moved Vincent forward but it's still very defensive. Faissal has to drop deep to get the ball or run the channels then looks up and there's nobody there. No idea what we are trying to do and why we don't use Faissal correctly and play him through on the deck? It's like we have never played together every week. I'm hoping Anderson will make a big difference but we really need more creative play from midfield.

Quite possibly one of the most ineffective pars teams I've ever watched.