Walking Down The Halbeath Road

21 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

The only positive thing I’ve ever heard about Paton was from Rudden who said he was a good to have around in the dressing room. I’m not convinced his ability off the pitch cancels out just how awful he is on it though.

I can’t even see him being a good character around the dressing room, tbh. Based on him spending most games pointing, shouting and essentially blaming others for his complete lack of football ability, I’d doubt how positive a character he actually is. Maybe he’s different behind closed doors, I suppose.

Think the shout that Crawford might be wanting to play a 352 sounds plausible enough. Only attacking wide player so far seems to be Dow (though of course still early days)

Makes the departure of Longridge all the more gutting though. I rate Martin at full back but not if we're playing a wingback system

Edited by AlehouseFitba

Individual players like Craw, Brewster, Barry Nic etc go all the headlines in the Calderwood era but his teams were so well-drilled. Lineups could change and folk would slot in no bother.  Maybe no surprise that there will be Calderwood influences on a coaching team including Dair, Shields and Crawford. 

Is McNamara still acting as a consultant to the club? It's all very Jackie-esque.
Leishman is actually the mastermind behind it all. Everybody else is just a puppet, coaching and technical staff included.