Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

What we thinking regarding the goalie situation? Personally would be happy with Gill starting the season as number 1 however I realise that may be an unpopular opinion.

I think it will be interesting to see what other clubs do in terms of the squads they build, I would imagine most will be in a shoe string. If this is the case I would be ok with Gill starting but if money allows I would prefer a more experienced keeper.

4 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

What we thinking regarding the goalie situation? Personally would be happy with Gill starting the season as number 1 however I realise that may be an unpopular opinion.

Under normal circumstances I would be expecting us to sign an established first choice keeper.  However should we be working with a limited budget which makes that unaffordable I could tolerate gill being first choice if that meant we could bring in stronger players elsewhere (such as mcginn and thomas)

Really not sure about getting a season ticket yet.

• Hearts situation
  • How will the fixtures pan out? 
  • Nisbet situation.
  • Streaming service, will it be parstv? They can’t even cope most weeks. No chance I’m paying money for something that could break down.
  • If there’s a spike will games be called off again? Have already lost money from last season. 
  • Social distancing, how is this going to work with narrow passageways and toilets? What about food?

It’s better than nothing but will probably wait, it would be good if it was a direct debit that you could switch on and off but the club will want the money now I suppose.

Hearts can get in the sea. 

That is a valid point when it comes to value. 

Nisbet  will be off so can't see many folk factoring that into any decision. 

New camera set up in all championship grounds, hopefully that will help with the infrastructure required. 

It would need to be a really bad situation for everything to grind to a halt again. I am willing to take the risk it won't. 

it won't be 2 meters by the time we are allowed in a stadium. Plenty of gaps between seats most weeks so just need to spread out more.  Somebody walking past you for a few seconds isn't a big risk factor. You can go for a pish in the supermarket so going for a pish at eep will be fine. 

I bought one but it is very much an individual decision and dependent on circumstances. 

22 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Some of the more manky fans will probably be asked to wash their hands properly before and/or after using the facilities.

Why did you need to bring Falkirk into it?

Guest Axle Grease
2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

• Hearts situation
  • Nisbet situation.
  • Streaming service, will it be parstv? They can’t even cope most weeks. No chance I’m paying money for something that could break down.
  • If there’s a spike will games be called off again? Have already lost money from last season. 
  • Social distancing, how is this going to work with narrow passageways and toilets? What about food?

It’s better than nothing but will probably wait, it would be good if it was a direct debit that you could switch on and off but the club will want the money now I suppose. 

I haven't bought a season ticket in 3 seasons, however I am this year.

Main reason being that the club get the cash which could prove to be vital given these unprecedented circumstances. 

3 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

• Hearts situation
  • Nisbet situation.

I will be buying one as a donation more than anything. Not bothered about value for money next season.

31 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Nisbet to Hearts?

That was actually who I thought he'd be off to during last season, outwith Boyce they're a bit short of striking options and they seemed more likely to pay the fee required rather than United or Hibs 

However they were then relegated and asking people to take pay cuts so I presumed they were short of cash, maybe not? 

40 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Nisbet to Hearts?

I'd expect United to come in with an 'improved offer' which will still be worth around the same but a much higher initial payment. 

7 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

That was actually who I thought he'd be off to during last season, outwith Boyce they're a bit short of striking options and they seemed more likely to pay the fee required rather than United or Hibs

They've got Naismith and Uche. More than enough for this division. 

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Incredible Hearts managed to prise Neilson away, considering they’ve been financially ruined by relegation. I’m assuming they paid no compensation as otherwise that would make their court case even sillier.

Now looking to sign Craig Gordon, who won't be on cheap wages, after giving a round of pay cuts to current players.

I await an 'improved' offer for Nisbet if Dundee United have been given a compensation package for Neilson. 

I also wouldn't be basing buying a season ticket on him. Will wait until league fixtures are confirmed, in black and white and how they plan on showing them (if we can't get to the games by October) before purchasing mine. PARStv is absolutely hopeless tbh. I have never had a good experience with it. 

Edited by DAFC.

That's a bit unfair, last season I watched it a fair bit and it was absolutely fine, if anything the video quality wasn't so sharp. 

I'd prefer to have no commentary and only crowd noise if possible though, if anyone is listening. Not a negative on the guys talking, just a personal preference. 

The club already said that the new Pixellot system is in place and will be ran by the ParsTV guys.

They also imply that the current plan is that the first round of fixtures will be in empty stadium or in stadiums with limited capacity.

It's all here:

https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Season_Ticket_Sale_2020-21&ID=12020

Edited by DA Baracus